+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

watsonwoo

Nov 12, 2006
Hi Everyone:

My wife told me that she got her visa.
She is still working so she wants to give her notice.

Thanks

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: Singapore
App. Filed.......: 27-Sep-2011
App. Processed...: 08-Dec-2011
Med's Received....: 27-Sep-2011
PR status........: In Process
PR process.......: 05-Feb-2012
Interview........: ?
Passport Req..: 25-Mar-2012
VISA ISSUED...: 07-May-2012
LANDED..........: ?

ohliuw

Star Member
May 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-08-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
watsonwoo said:
Hi Everyone:

My wife told me that she got her visa.
She is still working so she wants to give her notice.

Thanks

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: Singapore
App. Filed.......: 27-Sep-2011
App. Processed...: 08-Dec-2011
Med's Received....: 27-Sep-2011
PR status........: In Process
PR process.......: 05-Feb-2012
Interview........: ?
Passport Req..: 25-Mar-2012
VISA ISSUED...: 07-May-2012
LANDED..........: ?
Huh??? :eek: :eek: :eek: The CIC website shows Singapore's processing time as 22 months ???

This was the reason why I was planning to send my wife to study in China for one year as the processing times for the Beijing office are listed as 5 months.

Can anyone else comment on the processing times at the Singapore office?
Thanks a million!!!

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
MAJOR PROBLEM WITH TRANSLATION - PLEASE HELP!!! :-\ :-\ :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I went to 2 senior lawyers today in India to have them translate my "Certificate of No Birth Records" into English and they refused and did not want to sign the affidavit and take responsibility for the translation. We need to have them sign an affidavit stating that the translation is true and correct. Who else can we go to for this? Will translation by a local college professor be acceptable? Or does it have to be done by a lawyer or translation company? Another problem is that the translation companies here in Delhi are not certified!!! Please help I need suggestions because I need to send this document with PPR!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

i also have another question...does the marriage certificate have to be notarized? we sent it in application without notarization is that ok or should we send a notarized copy now to ND visa office? PLEASE HELP!!!!

thanks and good luck! :)

Thanks and good luck! :)

emrn

Jun 8, 2011
Makati City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2011 (September 02,2011)
File Transfer...
13-12-2011
Med's Request
13-12-2012 (remeds)
Med's Done....
27-07-2011/ remeds done 19-12-2012
Interview........
13-11-2012 Passed the Eligibility ;)
Passport Req..
27-12-2011 sent the same day
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2013 (DM: 28-03-2013)
LANDED..........
April 19, 2013
My hubby received and email from our embassy here in our country.

Dear Mr. xxxxxx,

Please be informed that the applicants' medical results have been received. The file is currently queued for review. The applicants will be advised of the additional processing requirements in due course.

We trust this information is of assistance.

Sincerely,

Family Reunification Unit

Does this mean they are finalizing our app because our MP inquired 2 weeks ago and said that they are done with my background check.

lilizinha

Star Member
May 15, 2012
Hi everyone,
I'm new here
Does anyone knwo if you apply inside and you forgot some papper or send something wrong the cic contact you for those pappers or usually they deny the application?
Thank you

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
ohliuw said:
Huh??? :eek: :eek: :eek: The CIC website shows Singapore's processing time as 22 months ???

This was the reason why I was planning to send my wife to study in China for one year as the processing times for the Beijing office are listed as 5 months.

Can anyone else comment on the processing times at the Singapore office?
Thanks a million!!!
Singapore process 20% cases within 7months or less after they receive complete application. If your case is straight forward, lots of proof of genuine relationship, no criminal record or background check problem, none or less travel history, your processing will be really faster. If you require an interview, it will take almost 2yrs or more to complete the processing.

I know you can choose the visa office for processing depending on your status of that country. But sometimes I heard that CIC send the application to the visa office which they prefer.

EODTech

May 16, 2012
Hi everyone,

As you can see, I'm new to the forum :)
I have a few questions about the Immigration process.

My name is Nielse, 29y and a Belgian resident.
My fiancee (Canadian resident) and I are getting married in July in Canada.

We've known each other for a while and have been travelling back and forth a number of times.
She was her for 2 weeks and left last saturday.

Half of June, I'll be traveliing to Canada again, for a stay of 2.5 months (as a Belgian resident we can stay up to 6 months without having to apply for a VISA)
In the meantime, as i mentioned earlier, we're getting married.
We'll be applying for Sponsorship thru VO Paris.

My questions are:
-What is meant with applying inland or outland?
-We already gathered all the necessary documents for sponsorship, all the ducuments I had to request here in Belgium have been translated by a certified translator in Canada and as advised by the Canadian designated Belgian medical examiner, I've already done the medical examination and those papers are send off.
Should my fiancee send the documents to CIC Mississauga the moment i fly back to belgium or can we send them to the CIC while i'm still in Canada?
Wedding is end of July and I fly back beginning of september.

Are there any other concers or experiences you would like to share, please let me know :)

Thx in advance

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EODTech said:
My questions are:

-What is meant with applying inland or outland?

-We already gathered all the necessary documents for sponsorship, all the ducuments I had to request here in Belgium have been translated by a certified translator in Canada and as advised by the Canadian designated Belgian medical examiner, I've already done the medical examination and those papers are send off.
Should my fiancee send the documents to CIC Mississauga the moment i fly back to belgium or can we send them to the CIC while i'm still in Canada?
Inland and outland are explained in the main post although the processing times for inland are now longer so even a worse option for you.

You can send in the documents when you want to, whether you are still in Canada or not. You can even aim to stay in Canada as a visitor for most or all of your processing time. If you want to do that, stay until your visit visa is 30 days from expiring and then apply to extend your visit visa based on that you have applied for sponsorship. Include your file number, proof of funds, yours or your husbands or proof of his income and also proof of your emergency medical insurance.

Minnucci

May 16, 2012
Hi guys,

Not sure if I chose the right forum but anyway I hope you can give me your opinions.

In the past I entered Canada as a visitor while I was inadmissible. That time I didn’t know that a petty minor offence rendered me inadmissible :'(. (Since then my record has been expunged by a court order = case re-opened, charges dismissed and me considered as not having been convicted of that offence.)

If I make an application for permanent residence in Canada under family class from outside Canada, could my application be refused bc of my past entry? I will disclose to Immigration that I was arrested and charged with an offence and also provide the expungement order.

Thank you a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!

vanoh

Jun 13, 2011
I received my letter today for permanent residency !!!!!!! I am soooo excited ! I have a couple questions if anyone can give me some advice.
I am currently in Canada, I am returning to the USA in June for 2 weeks.

Question #1 - Can I send in our passports from Canada even tho my permanent address is still in the states? If so do you think I would receive my passports back in 3 weeks?

Question #2 - If I decide to wait and do it after I return, can I go over the border and then cross back to land?

Any advice you can give, I would be so grateful !

I don't know how to post all the dates like others have under their name if someone tells me how I will do that !

Thanks and good luck to everyone waiting to be with their spouses :)

joshuacv

Jan 15, 2012
I'm not sure if I'm posting in the correct area but here goes...

I am marrying my Japanese girlfriend in October in Japan. She mentioned I need proof that I am legally able to marry her. Is anyone familiar with the required documentation. Currently my passport is up to data, but that's it.

Thanks in advance for any info.

pinayako

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
joshuacv said:
I'm not sure if I'm posting in the correct area but here goes...

I am marrying my Japanese girlfriend in October in Japan. She mentioned I need proof that I am legally able to marry her. Is anyone familiar with the required documentation. Currently my passport is up to data, but that's it.

Thanks in advance for any info.
if there is a Canadian embassy in Japan you can request from there. it only takes an hour or depending how busy they are

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
i am Indian citezen and went to UK to study, came to india, and then went back again for last two months of my visa, then back again to india. i got my police clearance sent to india after I left UK for the first time? do I need to apply again for PC for the last 2 months that i returned to UK? we submitted out PC with application before the 3 month time frame they give. :eek: :eek: :eek:

PLEASE HELP and thanks in advance! :) good luck to all! :)

Luisrjr

Apr 30, 2012
A quick question,

IMM0008 - Generic Application Form for Canada

Question # 3: How many Family members, including you, are in this application?

Should I include my common-law partner? they only ask for her name when they askl for my current marital status.

I dont have any dependants either, so It`s just me in the application or me and my common-law partner.

Thank you.