Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
Pen said:
Hi everybody, Today while glancing at my wife's application we discovered we made a mistake, I haven't eaten all day and cannot sleep and I was hoping to get your take on our situation and try to determine if it's sigh* thanks again everyone, i'm going to try and sleep now.
Don't orry you will be fine. I read a person named oseph, VO Pretoria did the same thing like you. He sent a letter with the corrected form like you did. Yesterday he got his PPR. So :)

sheshe27

May 10, 2012
hello!
i'm a contract worker here in canada under LMO i'm a holding a skilled worker permit.my plan is to sponsor my husband for (open work permit), he is working in riyahd and a contract worker too.is there any chance to get him here for like 2-3 months process for approval.thank you

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sheshe27 said:
hello!
i'm a contract worker here in canada under LMO i'm a holding a skilled worker permit.my plan is to sponsor my husband for (open work permit), he is working in riyahd and a contract worker too.is there any chance to get him here for like 2-3 months process for approval.thank you
What you are speaking of is not sponsorship. It is basically your husband applying for an open work permit based on your permit as is his right. He can apply for his permit at the Canadian embassy responsible for the area where he is living right now. He will however still have to convince them that he is not planning on overstaying.

sheshe27

May 10, 2012
hello again!!
yeah on open work permit,so do you know how long it takes the processing if he could completed all the documents this month..he can process for applying a permit in riyahd is that what you are saying.please help!

OnlyClover

May 11, 2012
Hello,

My spouse just got his PRC today, but he landed to Canada last year of June. There was some issues with the PRC application, so he just got his PRC. I was wondering that how can I know if he received conditional PRC. does the PRC indicate the status? conditional or permanent status? I read over the letter with PRC and the PRC, I did not see anything say it is a conditional PRC, also, it looks exactly the same as the regular PRC.

Many thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
OnlyClover said:
Hello,

My spouse just got his PRC today, but he landed to Canada last year of June. There was some issues with the PRC application, so he just got his PRC. I was wondering that how can I know if he received conditional PRC. does the PRC indicate the status? conditional or permanent status? I read over the letter with PRC and the PRC, I did not see anything say it is a conditional PRC, also, it looks exactly the same as the regular PRC.

Many thanks!
He's a permanent resident. There is no such thing as conditional permanent residency in Canada.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There can be some conditions on the PR of business & entrepreneur applicants but not on spouses so if he landed without incident, he is a PR. PRC applications can have problems because the photo is wrong or it plain gets lost in the system or in the mail. Having a PRC is not a requirement to be a PR, however it is necessary if you want to travel.

OnlyClover

May 11, 2012
scylla said:
He's a permanent resident. There is no such thing as conditional permanent residency in Canada.
Hello,
Thank you!
I was wondering that question was because the news release from CIC. I have attached the link talk about conditional PRC. oops, it is not allowed to post link. Then just google the title "News Release – Conditional permanent residence proposed to deter marriages of convenience"

OnlyClover

May 11, 2012
Leon said:
There can be some conditions on the PR of business & entrepreneur applicants but not on spouses so if he landed without incident, he is a PR. PRC applications can have problems because the photo is wrong or it plain gets lost in the system or in the mail. Having a PRC is not a requirement to be a PR, however it is necessary if you want to travel.

Thank you for your information.
I was wondering that question was because the news release from CIC said that marriage needs to maintain at least 2 yrs to become PR. It is not allowed to post link. So google the title with "News Release – Conditional permanent residence proposed to deter marriages of convenience"

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OnlyClover said:
Thank you for your information.
I was wondering that question was because the news release from CIC said that marriage needs to maintain at least 2 yrs to become PR. It is not allowed to post link. So google the title with "News Release – Conditional permanent residence proposed to deter marriages of convenience"
This one: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-03-09.asp

They are proposed changes. They have not been implemented yet and if they will be, they will certainly not be made retroactive for people who are already PR's so don't worry :)

Christine08

Apr 13, 2012
Cebu, City Philippines 6000
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-December-2011
Doc's Request.
19-March-2012
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-February-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
19-February-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
02-October-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
letter date: 19-March-2012 received April 11,2012 in regular mail.
VISA ISSUED...
08-May-2012
LANDED..........
soon on September 26, 2012 YAAYY!!!!!
Hi sa lahat!!

Anong preparations before landing?

Christine08

Apr 13, 2012
Cebu, City Philippines 6000
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-December-2011
Doc's Request.
19-March-2012
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-February-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
19-February-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
02-October-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
letter date: 19-March-2012 received April 11,2012 in regular mail.
VISA ISSUED...
08-May-2012
LANDED..........
soon on September 26, 2012 YAAYY!!!!!
Hi guys!

Anybody help me here?

CAn u clarify me with some information about the Permanent REsidence Kit? People who got their visa, can u help me what kind of kit is this?

Does the VO really send u one like this when u got ur visa?

Thanks for the help!

Im just confused!

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
hi all PLEASE HELP :-\ :-\
i want to translate my "birth registration not found" certificate from Hindi to english. i found one company named certified translator in Delhi to do that but they said on their website " in India there is no licence or certification for translators". my question is -
can i get it done by any lawyer and notarized by public notary ?? ??? ::) ??? (dont want to go to delhi :-X)
in the guide for filling applicants forms they said "you can get it translated by anyone except family members but need to attach his/her affidavit with the notarized translated copy..
i got PPR before few days but didnt send my Passport yet because i want to send some additional documents with Passport to prove that we are still together in India. (airline ticket, recent photos) and i didnt send my Birth certificate with application so want to send now (my birth is not registered and trying to get it done but its going to take longer than PR process :eek: :eek: :eek: so sending "not found certificate" with parents affidavit and 10th certificate)
good luck everyone :)

Dawlphin_17

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2012
Doc's Request.
22-08-2012 & 22-01-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Hello all, I am new to this website but am hoping someone can clear up a few questions for me. I am a Canadian citizen living in England with my British boyfriend. We are putting together our application for me to sponsor him as my common law partner and we would then like to return to Canada together. I have 3 questions that I cannot make sense of using the guides provided.
1. Since we are both living in England, do we still need to send the application to Mississauga who will then send it to the London office, or can we just send it directly to the London office ourselves?
2. Since we are not planning on living in Quebec, does he need to apply for a CSQ number? If not, we are unsure of how to fill out Form IMM 0008, which asks what date you applied for your CSQ number if you don’t already have one. If he doesn’t need one, he won’t be applying for one and therefore won’t be able to complete this question as phrased on the form.
3. We have the rest of our application ready to send in but are waiting for him to get his medical complete. Is it possible to send in our application to get the process going and send the results of the medical when we receive them, or will this cause a delay in processing times?
Thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks in advance for any help you can offer :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dawlphin_17 said:
1. Since we are both living in England, do we still need to send the application to Mississauga who will then send it to the London office, or can we just send it directly to the London office ourselves?

2. Since we are not planning on living in Quebec, does he need to apply for a CSQ number? If not, we are unsure of how to fill out Form IMM 0008, which asks what date you applied for your CSQ number if you don't already have one. If he doesn't need one, he won't be applying for one and therefore won't be able to complete this question as phrased on the form.

3. We have the rest of our application ready to send in but are waiting for him to get his medical complete. Is it possible to send in our application to get the process going and send the results of the medical when we receive them, or will this cause a delay in processing times?
1. You must always send your application to Mississauga first as instructed because they need to approve you as a sponsor before the processing in London can take place.

2. Write "not applicable". If the fillable PDF form does not allow you that as an option, fill it in by hand after you have printed it out.

3. Get the medicals done first and send a complete application.