Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
Congratulations!

My visa office is New York, and I sent my passport copy (am visa exempt) from Canada and requested them to send the COPR to Canada. No problem at all, and I received the COPR back 2 weeks after VO received my passport copy.

Some visa office may take a little bit longer, eg 3-4 weeks.

vanoh said:
I received my letter today for permanent residency !!!!!!! I am soooo excited ! I have a couple questions if anyone can give me some advice.
I am currently in Canada, I am returning to the USA in June for 2 weeks.

Question #1 - Can I send in our passports from Canada even tho my permanent address is still in the states? If so do you think I would receive my passports back in 3 weeks?

Question #2 - If I decide to wait and do it after I return, can I go over the border and then cross back to land?

Any advice you can give, I would be so grateful !

I don't know how to post all the dates like others have under their name if someone tells me how I will do that !

Thanks and good luck to everyone waiting to be with their spouses :)

vanoh

Jun 13, 2011
GOGOGO said:
Congratulations!

My visa office is New York, and I sent my passport copy (am visa exempt) from Canada and requested them to send the COPR to Canada. No problem at all, and I received the COPR back 2 weeks after VO received my passport copy.

Some visa office may take a little bit longer, eg 3-4 weeks.
What does visa exempt mean? This is what my letter says,
Dear Applicant:
Your application for permanent residence in Canada appears to be ready for visa issuance. Your permanent resident
visa can only be issued at our office in Detroit. It is not possible to have it printed at another office.
Based on the validity date of your medical examination results, your immigrant visa will be valid to AUG 02, 2012,
assuming that your passport(s) do not expire prior to that date. The visa expiry date cannot be extended. If you fail to
provide the passport(s), your application will be closed when the medical validity has expired. We encourage you to submit
your passport(s) as soon as possible to allow you adequate time to prepare for your move to Canada. If you allow your visa(s)
to expire without having entered Canada, you will be able to reapply for permanent residence in Canada, and a new
application and a new processing fee will be required. Any new application will be assessed according to the Canadian
Immigration Legislation in force at the time that the new application is filed. There is no guarantee a future application will
be successful.
Please submit the valid passports for you and your children that will be accompanying you to Canada that were
included in your application to the Consulate address as indicated below. Please detach any expired passport(s) from the
valid passport(s) that you send to our office. Applicants who send their documents by mail must provide a return address
in Canada or the United States to which their passport(s) can be returned (see the “Document Return Procedure” page
attached to this letter). If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the United States, you must deliver your
passport(s) in person, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 12 noon. Your passports will be ready for pick up in ten business days.

The wording has my husband worried because of the August 2nd date. I am going to the states for until June 24th and he is worried about them not getting to it before that date we would have about 5 weeks when I return until the August 2nd date. It has been a long hard wait and it is hard to believe it is real and will finally be final !!!!!

Thanks for any advice and posting to my question, I really appreciate it. :)

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
People from certain countries do not require visa to visit Canada. Please see the following page for the list that are 'visa exempt':
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp#exemptions

As the letter didn't mention the option of sending in passport copy instead of passport, I presume you're not visa exempt. As such, you will need to send in your passport or go to the visa office in person.

If I read it correctly, you are leaving for US on June 24th for 2 weeks, meaning you have about 5 weeks before your departure and 2.5 weeks after you return from US and before visa expires on August 2nd. If so, then I think it'd be better to send in your passport now ASAP by courier like Fedex, UPS, etc (overnight delivery). You can attach a pre-paid envelope by one of those couriers, and a cover letter to visa office mentioning your travel plan and ask them to send your passport back ASAP using that pre-paid envelope.

Or can you consider changing your travel plan?

Good luck!

vanoh said:
What does visa exempt mean?
your immigrant visa will be valid to AUG 02, 2012... If you allow your visa(s) to expire without having entered Canada, you will be able to reapply for permanent residence in Canada, and a new application and a new processing fee will be required.
I am going to the states for until June 24th and he is worried about them not getting to it before that date we would have about 5 weeks when I return until the August 2nd date.

vanoh

Jun 13, 2011
Hmmmm I am visa exempt, I am from the US. I would have about 5 weeks when I return to send in my passport.

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
we finally sent in our passport today by courier to New Delhi visa office with all additional documents!!! ;) :) all work for visa is finished...now we just have to wait but dont know how long :-\ :-\ does NDVO tell you when they receive your passport? and we sent it to Shantipath, Chandkyapuri, is that the right address and do we need to put the other PO box mailing address and postal code?

thanks, good luck and god bless all! :)

MUMPY

Star Member
Apr 11, 2012
FARIDKOT
Category........
Visa Office......
DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-NOV-2011
Med's Done....
ALONG WITH FILE SUBMISSION
Interview........
WAVED I GUESS
Passport Req..
23-FEB-2012
VISA ISSUED...
NO IDEA
LANDED..........
VERY NEXT DAY ONCE I GET MY VISA BAGS PACKED
hello everyone my ecase shows that we recieved ur application on nov 2011 and we started peocessing ur application on feb and i submitted my passports in feb am lil concern that i submitted my medicals along with my application but my ecase never states that medical recieved it stays still in process .i also paid around 1100$canadian online when i submitted my application .it has been almost 2.5 months since it says in process .any suggestion will help am getting heart attack as every body in the forum is saying that my status changed to Mr from in process
thanks
manpreet

Christine08

Apr 13, 2012
Cebu, City Philippines 6000
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-December-2011
Doc's Request.
19-March-2012
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-February-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
19-February-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
02-October-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
letter date: 19-March-2012 received April 11,2012 in regular mail.
VISA ISSUED...
08-May-2012
LANDED..........
soon on September 26, 2012 YAAYY!!!!!
Hi all!

ANybody here who's travelling for July that from Manila? I hope we could travel together at the same schedule! :D

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
If you're visa exempt, normally you have an option to send passport photocopy rather than sending in your passport. You can double check your letter or confirm with Detroit. If that's the case, then you can send in your passport photocopy even when you're travelling. They will send you a COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence) document after 2-4 weeks to your address. As long as you land before August 2nd then you should be ok.

vanoh said:
Hmmmm I am visa exempt, I am from the US. I would have about 5 weeks when I return to send in my passport.

bajeinwaiting

Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2011
AOR Received.
03-26-2012
File Transfer...
02-09-2012
Med's Done....
07-27-2011
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
VISA exempt not required
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2012
LANDED..........
19-07-2012
Hi, I checked Ecas and this is what I saw...

We received your application for permanent residence on October 18, 2011.

We started processing your application on May 3, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

I see they have my husband's address as mine.

I still have not received any letter or call from my VO. Does this mean this is a rejection? Leon could you help me. I'm Visa exempt so will they just mail my COPR?

Lasiar

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
02-22-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-15-2011
Med's Request
medical extension 07-06-12 request sent by VO
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 16-08-12
Hello all.. My hubby got his PPR yesterday email. :).. his medical expires june 13, 2012. we are preparing to send his passport and he is going tomorrow to get the photos done that he needs to send with. sending it on monday now US express post (overnite) and return postage paid the same way.. Now my question Does he have to land in canada before or on the 13th of june? If I read it correct that what it looks like they are telling us.. and im thinking OMG. will they have his passport returned to him on time? any suggestions. cover letter stating the obvious of the short time frame to land? ask for an extention Although they stated no extention... any thoughts would be great.

tamtam123

Mar 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12- April-2012
File Transfer...
12- July-2012
Med's Done....
20-Feb-2012, Remed in June 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-July-2013
LANDED..........
Soon!
Hi All,

I was wondering about a dilemma i have. My situation is before i got married to my husband who's a canadian citizen, i applied for a tourist visa which was declined. Now my spousal sponsorship has been submitted (in Mississuaga still). At this point, i got accepted into a program i had applied for previously in canada. If i now apply for a student visa, what are the chances they'll give me one since it will be there in my application that my husband lives in canada? and if they decline.. is it going to affect my sponsorship to have 2 declined visas to canada?

Appreciate any help.. not only i can have a head jump into setting up a new life in canada, i can also be with my husband a little sooner if this works out. But i dont want to hamper the main application in process.

Thanks!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tamtam123 said:
If i now apply for a student visa, what are the chances they'll give me one since it will be there in my application that my husband lives in canada? and if they decline.. is it going to affect my sponsorship to have 2 declined visas to canada?
The chances of getting a student visa when you have a Canadian husband are probably even less than getting a student visa without a Canadian husband. However, it does not matter how many temporary visas you apply for that are denied, it will not affect your sponsorship.

bajeinwaiting

Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2011
AOR Received.
03-26-2012
File Transfer...
02-09-2012
Med's Done....
07-27-2011
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
VISA exempt not required
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2012
LANDED..........
19-07-2012
Can someone answer me please? Should I send an inquiry to find out what's going on?

bajeinwaiting said:
Hi, I checked Ecas and this is what I saw...

We received your application for permanent residence on October 18, 2011.

We started processing your application on May 3, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

I see they have my husband's address as mine.

I still have not received any letter or call from my VO. Does this mean this is a rejection? Leon could you help me. I'm Visa exempt so will they just mail my COPR?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
bajeinwaiting said:
Can someone answer me please? Should I send an inquiry to find out what's going on?
If his address has been switched to yours, and you have not had an interview, all is well. Wait for mail or email from them with instructions on how to submit your passport pages, that is all they need from visa-exempt persons. They will send the COPR via mail.

waiting mode^__*

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2011 AIP & WP.... March 19, 2012
Doc's Request.
PCC - March 19, 2012
Med's Request
March 19, 2012
Med's Done....
April 21, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
Hi everyone,

I am little worried with my PR application under spouse sponsorship Inland. Because I have a medical condition.
Will this delay the final decision of my PR application? DMP does not ask for further medical exam even I told her I have a medical condition. I just did my medical exam a month ago. CPC Vegreville received it on MAY 7, 2012 with my police cert.
I phoned call center a few days ago to confirm that the update on my ECAS was about the police cert. & med. result. She said yes & she said too that my file now is looking by an IO.

I wanted to follow up again, do I have too? Or I will just bother them if I call?
I just wanted a peace of mind. Can someone please give an advice. Thanks.