+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

steveee

May 8, 2010
Thailand
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, just stumbled upon this awesome and very long post!
I am Canadian and my wife of 5 years is Thai. We have been living together for 5 years in Thailand as a married couple.
I plan to move back to Canada next month and I will be unemployed until I find a job. I would like to know if the application will require my financial or work details in order to sponsor my wife, Sai? Are the financial details of a spouse who sponsors required?
Also, Sai has 2 children from a previous relationship. Do the children have to be included on the application? The children will stay in Thailand.
Thanks all! 8)

G.Ysabelle

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sent Jan. 30, 2012, CIC received Feb. 02
Doc's Request.
Appendix A; Orig. NSO AOM; Passport; PP pics. of my kids - non accompanying
AOR Received.
AOR Feb. 2; DM & Approval May 8, 2012
IELTS Request
Exam date 09/2010 Band Score 7
Med's Done....
Jan. 09, 2012
Passport Req..
Received by CEM May 18; Letter dated June 6; Received June 14; Addt'l docs. sent June 22
To Leon and seniors I need some advice. My Canadian husband (sponsor) received a letter from Ottawa dated May 7, stated below:

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on
behalf of XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and family (if applicable). We are not able to process your
application as it is incomplete. You are missing the following:

 An original Medical Report Form (IMM1017 - Copy 2) signed by a Designated Medical Practitioner
(DMP) for the person(s) you are sponsoring, including non-accompanying dependants. If you are
unable to provide medical reports for non-accompanying dependants, please provide explanation
with the understanding that if the non-accompanying dependants are not examined, it is not
possible to sponsor them at a later date. This must be received at this office by: 07/07/2012
All requested documents/information and a copy of this letter must be submitted within the timeframes
specified above (formatted as “month/day/year”). If you are unable to provide any or all of the
requested documents/information, please explain why they are not available.
Please submit the requested documents to the following address:

Attention: Officer SL-CPPO
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
219 Laurier Avenue West
7th Floor, Section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

As highlighted "including non accompany dependents", I was not able to have my two (2) kids from my 1st marriage examined. We already include in the application an AFFIDAVIT (explanation) the reason why we (I) failed to do so. My ex-husband and his family are very uncooperative and hostile against me whenever I wanted to visit my boys... unfortunately I have not seen my kids for four years already in spite several attempts.

Now they're asking this affidavit again to us, it seems they didnt see it on our application. My question is, I will again send the AFFIDAVIT that I executed previously which is only signed by me. Is it necessary that I must have my husband (sponsor) sign and have his name on the affidavit? besides it's my kids on my first annulled marriage so I only have my name on the AFFIDAVIT and it's not his kids.

Please I need your input here as we will submit the Affidavit of explanation asap. Thanks a lot. And God Bless.

Lasiar

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
02-22-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-15-2011
Med's Request
medical extension 07-06-12 request sent by VO
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 16-08-12
G.Ysabelle said:
To Leon and seniors I need some advice. My Canadian husband (sponsor) received a letter from Ottawa dated May 7, stated below:

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on
behalf of XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and family (if applicable). We are not able to process your
application as it is incomplete. You are missing the following:

 An original Medical Report Form (IMM1017 - Copy 2) signed by a Designated Medical Practitioner
(DMP) for the person(s) you are sponsoring, including non-accompanying dependants. If you are
unable to provide medical reports for non-accompanying dependants, please provide explanation
with the understanding that if the non-accompanying dependants are not examined, it is not
possible to sponsor them at a later date. This must be received at this office by: 07/07/2012
All requested documents/information and a copy of this letter must be submitted within the timeframes
specified above (formatted as “month/day/year”). If you are unable to provide any or all of the
requested documents/information, please explain why they are not available.
Please submit the requested documents to the following address:

Attention: Officer SL-CPPO
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
219 Laurier Avenue West
7th Floor, Section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

As highlighted "including non accompany dependents", I was not able to have my two (2) kids from my 1st marriage examined. We already include in the application an AFFIDAVIT (explanation) the reason why we (I) failed to do so. My ex-husband and his family are very uncooperative and hostile against me whenever I wanted to visit my boys... unfortunately I have not seen my kids for four years already in spite several attempts.

Now they're asking this affidavit again to us, it seems they didnt see it on our application. My question is, I will again send the AFFIDAVIT that I executed previously which is only signed by me. Is it necessary that I must have my husband (sponsor) sign and have his name on the affidavit? besides it's my kids on my first annulled marriage so I only have my name on the AFFIDAVIT and it's not his kids.

Please I need your input here as we will submit the Affidavit of explanation asap. Thanks a lot. And God Bless.
Dear G.Y sabella

I can only speak to you from my experience. My Husband & I have been going through a similar experience, in that his ex wife would not allow his/her daughter to have medical exam. She (daughter) was declared on his application as a non accompanying dependent. We received a letter stating that even though she was not coming to Canada with him she needed her medicals. or a letter from the ex wife stating why she would not allow the medical to take place... Ugh!!! Well we did manage to have the letter from her, after several attempts to let the daughter have medical, because as you stated in your note and as CIC states My husband will Never be able to sponsor his daughter to come to canada should something happen to the ex wife. This really is awful.. But in the end the ex did not concede to the medical so A letter from her was sent to VO and later they sent him a medical waiver he had to sign acknowledgeing that he understands he will not be able to sponsor his daughter at a later date. That has now been sent 2months ago and we await word.
I hope this makes sense to you. A letter from your ex spouse is what you will need if possible and keep anything and everything you have showing your attempts to get medicals or letter from him.
Good Luck
Lasiar

G.Ysabelle

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
AOR Feb. 2; DM & Approval May 8, 2012
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Jan. 09, 2012
Passport Req..
Received by CEM May 18; Letter dated June 6; Received June 14; Addt'l docs. sent June 22
Lasiar said:
Dear G.Y sabella

I can only speak to you from my experience. My Husband & I have been going through a similar experience, in that his ex wife would not allow his/her daughter to have medical exam. She (daughter) was declared on his application as a non accompanying dependent. We received a letter stating that even though she was not coming to Canada with him she needed her medicals. or a letter from the ex wife stating why she would not allow the medical to take place... Ugh!!! Well we did manage to have the letter from her, after several attempts to let the daughter have medical, because as you stated in your note and as CIC states My husband will Never be able to sponsor his daughter to come to canada should something happen to the ex wife. This really is awful.. But in the end the ex did not concede to the medical so A letter from her was sent to VO and later they sent him a medical waiver he had to sign acknowledgeing that he understands he will not be able to sponsor his daughter at a later date. That has now been sent 2months ago and we await word.
I hope this makes sense to you. A letter from your ex spouse is what you will need if possible and keep anything and everything you have showing your attempts to get medicals or letter from him.
Good Luck
Lasiar
Hi Lasiar, thank you for the response and sharing a very reliable info based on your experience. I doubt I will be able to show any evidence from the attempts but only statements probably from the people who accompany me several times to see my boys... unfortunately 3 times I tried but I really failed to see my kids. What I actually did is I revised the original AFFIDAVIT I sent to them, clearly stating that I will not be able to sponsor my boys in the future. I hope this will suffice what they ask for and not to ask for any supporting documents, otherwise it will further delay our application and by that time my husband already be around the arms of his mistress to fulfill my task as wife.... Oh immigration instead of reuniting families, you are breaking it :(

Thanks again a lot Lasiar, sharing your exp. is very helpful.

Kareena

May 8, 2012
Hi Leon,

I am new this forum. I needed some advice. I will tell you my situation briefly.

I am a canadian citizen. My husband is a Pakistan national, but he has been in London, England for the past 3 years on a T4 General student visa. Our relationship started in 2007 when I went to Pakistan, therefore we have been in a relationship for the past 5 years- long distance. I went to London in Feb 2012 and got my court marriage done. I now want to sponsor him.
How should I go about this? I know tehre will be many doubts and complications as our relation was long distance for so many years and we only met now after 5 years. We have proof of court marriage and our stay together in london, also emails, chat longs etc.
The reason we did not meet for so many years was because i recently became a canadian citizen (in Jan) and thought it was would be too much of a hassle to to apply for a visa before and go there, however there were other major personal family problems that did not allow me to go (my fathers illness and passing away).

Please advise> Do you think this will be an OK procesS? what should i be looking out for? Please help.

Thank You

arjun29

Star Member
May 3, 2012
ALBERTA
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Hi,everyone

First of all i would like to say this post was helpful about my questions and led to get my foss notes which
i never knew existed.

My name is AK i submitted my pr application in march 2011,my wife sponserd me as i was a Temp Resident in canada as i held a owp and my Study permit,my permits expired in mach 2011 as well.

But again after applying i got a doc from cic veg in july that they need more info which i sent them
in august.but then when i checked my status on line it dint show anything till jan,in jan they said they got the info nd showed on the online status.but the call center said they got the info in august but dint open it.but as of now i dint get my work permit or anyting as of april 24 i got a letter they transferred my case to edmonton cic and they may contact you.When i called the call center they said there is no processing time that how long will they take as its by case to case specific.i already waited a year to get my work permit and now they say they have transferred it what does tht mean and how long more will it take to get this done???

And by the way me and my wife meet at school in 09 nd got married in jan 11 nd we sent all the pics our marriage ceremony but it was a small wedding cause my parents are not in canada so they were not there, but everything was sent in but still i dnt understand whats going on.

If some one can help or have any info i will really appreciate it

Thanks

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
HELP PLS!!!!

CIC sent back my application to my husband and telling that the form we used is not valid since it is printed from the website. My husband send the application last April 13 and they received it on April 15 and yesterday my husband told me that he received my application in his mailbox! I don't understand why do they have to put those forms on their site and it can't be accepted?! it's really useless:( We worked so hard for it for many months and they wont accept it they need my husband to request for new forms and filled up again:( it's really frustrating:(

Luisrjr

Apr 30, 2012
A quick question, Are my parents and my sister included as Family Members? or Family members are just dependants...

Thank you.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Luisrjr said:
A quick question, Are my parents and my sister included as Family Members? or Family members are just dependants...

Thank you.
Just children.

Only include your parents and sister on the Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 <---- this is the only form u put parents and siblings for a spousal sponsorship.

G.Ysabelle

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
AOR Feb. 2; DM &amp; Approval May 8, 2012
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Jan. 09, 2012
Passport Req..
Lasiar said:
Dear G.Y sabella

Good Luck
Lasiar
Hi Lasiar, just an update my husband emailed the CPP with regards to the explanation that we did provide for an affidavit stating that I will no longer sponsor my kids in the future... and the CPP respond that they have seen it and they just overlook and on the same day after few hours they sent another email that my husband is approved to sponsor me. My documents now will be forwarded to CIC-Manila for the 2nd stage processing.

Josephs

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 October 2011
AOR Received.
18 January 2012
File Transfer...
04 January 2012
Med's Done....
27 February 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08 May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
14 May 2012
LANDED..........
11 November 2012
If you get a PPR does that translate to you getting the visa automatically?

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
G.Ysabelle said:
Hi Lasiar, just an update my husband emailed the CPP with regards to the explanation that we did provide for an affidavit stating that I will no longer sponsor my kids in the future... and the CPP respond that they have seen it and they just overlook and on the same day after few hours they sent another email that my husband is approved to sponsor me. My documents now will be forwarded to CIC-Manila for the 2nd stage processing.
Such good news that the first step is done with, good luck with everything!

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM- July 23rd,2012 - Passport received - Aug 13th,2012
chelseaviel said:
HELP PLS!!!!

CIC sent back my application to my husband and telling that the form we used is not valid since it is printed from the website. My husband send the application last April 13 and they received it on April 15 and yesterday my husband told me that he received my application in his mailbox! I don't understand why do they have to put those forms on their site and it can't be accepted?! it's really useless:( We worked so hard for it for many months and they wont accept it they need my husband to request for new forms and filled up again:( it's really frustrating:(
Thats very unusual... Which specific form are they saying is the mistake with? CIC do tend to update some forms online but mostly they recommend to use them, its not mandatory.. Can you please share which specific form they complained about?

Pen

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 23, 2012
File Transfer...
May 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2012
Passport Req..
May 8, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 15, 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 22, 2012
Hi everybody, Today while glancing at my wife's application we discovered we made a mistake, I haven't eaten all day and cannot sleep and I was hoping to get your take on our situation and try to determine if it's worse than we actually think it is.

So our VO is Manila, we filed our app on January 23rd and on April 23rd i got the sponsor approval/file transfer and everything was going smoothly while we wait for PPR. Then today I noticed we made a mistake on IMM 5669 Schedule A form..on question 6.d) have you been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa...visitor...visa. We completely missed the word VISITOR when filling out the form, we checked NO but in reality it is YES because my wife was refused a visitor's visa in 2010. We were actually wondering when going through the forms why they didn't ask about previous visa applications?? but in fact they DID and we missed it.

so with the advice from some here my wife wrote a cover letter explaining the mistake and sent it along with the updated Schedule A form on the same day we discovered the mistake to the embassy in Manila.

I checked e-cas and my wife's status is currently:

We received XXXXXX XXXXXXXX's application for permanent residence on January 23, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

So do you all think we're ok for now? and that our updated Schedule A document made it on time because it seems like they haven't processed our application yet in Manila.

Is this a big problem that will cause delays or even refusal because we submitted wrong information? Is it as bad as I think it is?

thank you for reading, we were so happy looking forward to a future here and having a nice family...now I may have to quit my job and move to be with my wife in the Philippines because I heard the appeal process can take many years...*sigh* thanks again everyone, i'm going to try and sleep now.