Passport Req..
July, 2012 / Passport submitted to VFS - Aug 15, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 7, 2012 / Passport received : Sept 20, 2012
LANDED..........
Soon Inshaallah
SELDEC -4

@Leon

Recently I received my CAIPS notes and found the CODES PSDEC - 1 and SELDEC-4. I think I have passed PSDEC but I am not sure about what SELDEC-4 means. Could you please let me know what SELDEC-4 stands for? Thanks.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Re: SELDEC -4

Shoibal said:
@ Leon

Recently I received my CAIPS notes and found the CODES PSDEC - 1 and SELDEC-4. I think I have passed PSDEC but I am not sure about what SELDEC-4 means. Could you please let me know what SELDEC-4 stands for? Thanks.
PSDEC = Paper Screening Decision, 1 = passed
SELDEC = Selection Decision, 4 = waived.

Naveedk

Apr 28, 2012
Re: Spousal sponsorship filled form

I am from pakistan. My wife is Canadian citizen, living with my currently in Riyadh, KSA. She is planning to sponsor me. is there anyone planning the same recently. So, we may share the initials views on this.

Quiet Storm

Sep 9, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012, Dec 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Oct 2014
Re: Spousal sponsorship filled form

Naveedk said:
I am from pakistan. My wife is Canadian citizen, living with my currently in Riyadh, KSA. She is planning to sponsor me. is there anyone planning the same recently. So, we may share the initials views on this.
you should join this topic

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/chc-islamabad-spouse-sponsorship-timeline-2009-2010-t28775.54015.html

Many people are there who will help you as its a Pakistani Page

kyc221

Feb 20, 2012
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago, Chile
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
26-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013
LANDED..........
20-05-2013
CharlieD10 said:
They should be signed if possible, but they don't have to be handwritten or notarized, emails can work too.
Awesome, thank you!

Goldphishie

Apr 29, 2012
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this site and new to this whole process. My fiance and I are trying to figure this all out and keep getting conflicting information and half answers, so I would really appreciate some insight about some of the specific things that are worrying us. A little bit of background... we have been together almost two years and are getting married at the end of May. I am a Canadian citizen, and he is American. He has been with me in Canada since Dec 30, 2011, which means that his 6 month visitor's visa will run out at the end of June. We do not want him to have to return to the US to live (although he would like to go visit his mother and was thinking about doing it around the end of June... he will skip this, though, if it's not a good idea). He was an IT professional in the US and has some savings, but he would like to be working here as soon as possible. So, with all those things in mind, what do we file, and in what order?

My other main concern is my role as his sponsor and my income situation. I receive child support from my ex-husband, CCTB and disability allowance for my special needs son. That makes up the bulk of my income and is enough to cover the basics (rent, utilities, insurance, food and clothing) for all of us, including my fiance. To supplement, I substitute teach (nothing regular) and work for a government agency, but that work is only on a contract-by-contract basis, and I have just been laid off until at least the fall. This is not really a huge financial strain on us, but I'm afraid that it will look bad on our application. I am looking for something to fill the gap in employment history, but this is a part of the country with high unemployment, so there's really no telling when I will find something, or if I will find something before I start again in the fall. Is this going to be a huge problem, and is there anything I can do about it?
Thanks in advance for your help!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Goldphishie said:
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this site and new to this whole process. My fiance and I are trying to figure this all out and keep getting conflicting information and half answers, so I would really appreciate some insight about some of the specific things that are worrying us. A little bit of background... we have been together almost two years and are getting married at the end of May. I am a Canadian citizen, and he is American. He has been with me in Canada since Dec 30, 2011, which means that his 6 month visitor's visa will run out at the end of June. We do not want him to have to return to the US to live (although he would like to go visit his mother and was thinking about doing it around the end of June... he will skip this, though, if it's not a good idea). He was an IT professional in the US and has some savings, but he would like to be working here as soon as possible. So, with all those things in mind, what do we file, and in what order?

My other main concern is my role as his sponsor and my income situation. I receive child support from my ex-husband, CCTB and disability allowance for my special needs son. That makes up the bulk of my income and is enough to cover the basics (rent, utilities, insurance, food and clothing) for all of us, including my fiance. To supplement, I substitute teach (nothing regular) and work for a government agency, but that work is only on a contract-by-contract basis, and I have just been laid off until at least the fall. This is not really a huge financial strain on us, but I'm afraid that it will look bad on our application. I am looking for something to fill the gap in employment history, but this is a part of the country with high unemployment, so there's really no telling when I will find something, or if I will find something before I start again in the fall. Is this going to be a huge problem, and is there anything I can do about it?
Thanks in advance for your help!
1) You file all of the documents and supporting information listed here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp Read the guide and follow the instructions. If you need additional information, search the forum or pose your question in a new thread if you can find nothing specific to your situation.

2) There is no minimum income requirement to meet to sponsor a spouse only, and your inconsistent income stream will not count against you. What you want to do is establish that you do have employment history, can cover the basic expenses, and that he is capable of becoming self-sufficient in Canada, so add proof of his qualifications to your application.

parisien

Mar 24, 2012
Alberta
App. Filed.......
17-11-2011
Doc's Request.
23-03-2012 along with RPRF
AOR Received.
17-01-2012
File Transfer...
20-01-2012
Med's Done....
01-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2012 .... SUBMITTED ON 14TH MAY
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-05-2012
Leon said:
If they say it is nearly complete, I would think that is rather a good sign. Just keep sending them whatever they ask for when they ask for it. Hopefully you will have your visa sooner rather than later. If you look at the processing time in Paris, see here: #europe you see they say 8 months. That means 80% of cases completed by 8 months which means most cases are faster than that.
Hi there Leon .....
We received your application for permanent residence on November 17, 2011.

We started processing your application on March 23, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

THEY asked me for rprf by mail on 23rd march 2012 AND rprf paid on 26th march and send one copy to mississauga office ans one copy to paris office which they have received on 29th march ...... now can you tell me what is next i mean i should wait for ppr or something else ?

looking forward for your reply

*and one more thing my UCI number is same on my visit vvisa which they have issued me in nov 2011 as i have requested visit visa because we were expecting baby so this UCI is normal to be like in my visit visa*

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
RE-MED : July 16, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
July 05, 2012 . Passport received by SVO : Aug 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 12, 2012. Passport Received from VFS: Sept 20, 2012
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012

CharlieD10 said:
PSDEC = Paper Screening Decision, 1 = passed
SELDEC = Selection Decision, 4 = waived.
@ Charlie
What does this Selection Decision waived means? Is this good sign or bad ?

Thanks

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012

Shaheenaz said:
@ Charlie
What does this Selection Decision waived means? Is this good sign or bad ?

Thanks
TBH, I am not sure. I would think it is not a bad thing, as waiving the decision is not the same as failing. Perhaps whichever officer was updating the record at that time was not of a grade to make the decision, and that is why it is waived, as someone else needs to make the selection decision.

willis

Apr 29, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-1-2013
Doc's Request.
04-02-2014
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
File Transfer...
14-02-2013
Med's Request
04-02-2014- ReMed Request
Med's Done....
1st- 28-07-2012 2nd- 07-02-2014
Interview........
Nope
VISA ISSUED...
March 22 2014
LANDED..........
April 26 2014
I had a few questions that Im hoping some of you wise folk could help me with.

My wife and I got married in Banff, Alberta on March 11th of this year (2012). She is Dutch and Im Canadian. We met 2 years ago in Vancouver and she has been to Canada 3 times to visit me since, the most recent time, she acquired a student visa and went to English school for 6 months in Calgary and lived with me (August 2011-January 2012).

In late March 2012 (after we got married), she returned to Holland to begin to work again, as she wanted to make some income and because she had completed her studies, she wanted to gain some experience/volunteering for her eventual goal of being a Nurse.

We have our marriage certificate, lots of photos, emails, and all the other required info that immigration will need to prove our relationship. That is not a worry. We are madly in love :D

Our plan is to begin the outland process in the next few weeks, to enable her to return as a PR and continue our life together in Canada but we had a few questions:

Can I sponsor her for immigration under the outland process but have her live with me in Canada with a work/student visa as the application is processed? We want to be together as soon as possible, and her flying home for an interview is not an issue. We are just wondering if there are any other issues with this (entering the country, getting a work/student visa, etc, if we are already married and they know there is an application in the works).

Does IC care if we go ahead with an outland application, but then she moves to Canada with a student/work visa (for as much time as possible during the PR process, for instance 9 of the next 12 months)

We dont want to go ahead with the inland process as its too long, and we dont like the financial burden of having her be an international student for 2 years in a Nursing program in Canada while we await that lengthy process(who can afford that anyway).

Basically Im reaching out to find out our best bet for us to be together as soon as possible and as long as possible in Canada while allowing her to be able to either work (work visa?) or go to school (student visa?) during the outland sponsor process period for PR.

Our other option is what we originally planned : we go ahead with the outland sponsorship and she does a year of Nursing in Holland (where they PAY you to go:) and we get the medical done exactly one year prior to what would be her last exams next summer (June 2013)....so get all the immigration docs ready, get the med done in late June, she goes to school for a year in Holland, and HOPEFULLY get accepted in summer 2013, after completing her 1st year in Holland.

Thoughts?

Any help or insight would be great appreciated.

We are close to confirming an immigration lawyer to ensure a smooth application but want to get all the info we can first.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help us out!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no problem, especially not for a visa exempt person to apply for sponsorship outland at the same time they are studying or working in Canada. If she was not visa exempt though, she would have a problem getting any kind of temporary visa due to perceived risk of overstay.

Have you looked into a working holiday visa for her? See http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/netherlands-pays_bas/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?view=d for info.

parisien

Mar 24, 2012
Alberta
App. Filed.......
17-11-2011
Doc's Request.
23-03-2012 along with RPRF
AOR Received.
17-01-2012
File Transfer...
20-01-2012
Med's Done....
01-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2012 .... SUBMITTED ON 14TH MAY
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-05-2012
Hi there Leon .....
We received your application for permanent residence on November 17, 2011.

We started processing your application on March 23, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

THEY asked me for rprf by mail on 23rd march 2012 AND rprf paid on 26th march and send one copy to mississauga office ans one copy to paris office which they have received on 29th march ...... now can you tell me what is next i mean i should wait for ppr or something else ?

looking forward for your reply

*and one more thing my UCI number is same on my visit vvisa which they have issued me in nov 2011 as i have requested visit visa because we were expecting baby so this UCI is normal to be like in my visit visa*

Linda.raftl

Apr 24, 2012
Hello guys!

I would like to ask you a question please. I'm sponsoring my spouse in order for us to move to Canada, more specifically Quebec. In the application form IMM 0008 that has to be filled out by my husband – the principal applicant, they are asking if he has received his Certficat de Selection du Quebec. The answer is no. However, he has never applied for it so he can't enter any date. And the thing is that the date has to be filled out. So what should he put? He can't apply for the certificate at this moment, it will only be done after we recieve the acceptance letter from CIC.

Also, my husband's English isn't good enough yet for him to fill out his application forms. Can I, as his sponsor, be his representative and fill out everything on his behalf?

Thank you again very very much!