+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

JonModz

Apr 30, 2012
Hi Leon and all....I noticed a posting here that CIC is currently starting or already started processing AOR's for those applicant' who submitted during Feb.2012....that's music to my ears as I have submitted last Feb. 9 for Spousal Sponsorship.

But can I ask something:
1. What's your opinion if my wife would come to Toronto to visit me sometime in June?....any negative repurcussions while waiting for our AOR?...FYI too, my wife already visited me last year-meaning she's been granted a tourist visa before.

2. As for the processing time: is there any effect if my spouse has 4 dependents?...I mean, is there such thing as the more dependents the longer it takes?

Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JonModz said:
But can I ask something:
1. What's your opinion if my wife would come to Toronto to visit me sometime in June?....any negative repurcussions while waiting for our AOR?...FYI too, my wife already visited me last year-meaning she's been granted a tourist visa before.

2. As for the processing time: is there any effect if my spouse has 4 dependents?...I mean, is there such thing as the more dependents the longer it takes?
1. If she is granted tourist visa again, she can come visit. No problem.

2. If she has 4 dependent children who are young enough to escape background checks, there should be no delay. If they are old enough to have a background history that needs checking, then maybe slight delay.

JonModz

Apr 30, 2012
Thanks for the reply Leon. May I ask further:

a. From the AOR received date, how long is the average waiting time, until CIC will ask for the passports of my spouse and dependents?

b. Assuming she's granted a tourist visa and she's already in Toronto for the visit: what if she needs to submit the passport?...will she need to go home and submit?...will they delay it drastically if the passport is not ready by then?..

Thanks again.

Luisrjr

Apr 30, 2012
Hello Leon,

We are living outside Canada, Could my Common-Law partner, sponsor me even if she´s not legal in the country we are at right now?

Thank you.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JonModz said:
a. From the AOR received date, how long is the average waiting time, until CIC will ask for the passports of my spouse and dependents?

b. Assuming she's granted a tourist visa and she's already in Toronto for the visit: what if she needs to submit the passport?...will she need to go home and submit?...will they delay it drastically if the passport is not ready by then?..
a. The first stage in Mississauga currently takes 82 days, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp so you should be done that stage soon. After that, your application goes to the local visa office for further processing. The time it takes to process 80% of applications can be seen by country here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp The average should be a bit faster than that.

b. If she is asked to submit the passport while she is in Toronto, she can mail the passport to the visa office of her country and they can mail it back to her. She can then leave Canada and come back in order to land as a PR. If she goes to the US border, she can just briefly go to the US side, turn around and come back. She does not even need a US visa, she can just tell them that she doesn't want to enter, just turn around and go back to Canada.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Luisrjr said:
Hello Leon,

We are living outside Canada, Could my Common-Law partner, sponsor me even if she´s not legal in the country we are at right now?

Thank you.
Common law requires you to have lived together for 12 months. Do you have proof of her living there with you illegally for 12 months? If you do, you should be fine. As long as you are living there legally yourself, you can opt to have your application go through that country of residence if it is faster. Otherwise, you can opt to have it go through your country of nationality.

Luisrjr

Apr 30, 2012
We have been living for more than 12 months together so we do can prove that. She´s been Ilegal for no more than 2 months since her tourist visa expired. But CIC requires a copy of the valid migratory document granted to her. So I was wondering.

Thank you

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am a PR in Canada and my wife is a US citizen. We have been married for more than a year. Now, I want to sponsor her to Canada. I am planning to apply outland at it is faster than inland (as per Leon's first post). Is that fine? I assume my wife can get in and out of Canada based on her US Citizenship but if I apply inland she can't leave Canada while the PR application is under processing. Right?

Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Luisrjr said:
We have been living for more than 12 months together so we do can prove that. She´s been Ilegal for no more than 2 months since her tourist visa expired. But CIC requires a copy of the valid migratory document granted to her. So I was wondering.
Can she renew her visitor status?

Sweetmine

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2010
Doc's Request.
15-08-2011, 25-11-2011, 22-03-2012
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-02-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2011
Med's Done....
7-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2012
LANDED..........
28-06-2012
I received my GCMS notes yesterday.
Does anyone knows what HIRV stands for?
Thanks

suppy

Star Member
Mar 17, 2012
i want to change my adress
can any one put sample here
plz
n which id should i send
n its been 2 years m waiting
i have applied 4 spouse visa
m fedup now

Luisrjr

Apr 30, 2012
Yes, she could renew it by crossing the border or something, we´d have to pay like $200 dollars or something but she would be legal for 90 more days.

sammara12

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Linda.raftl said:
Hello guys!

I would like to ask you a question please. I'm sponsoring my spouse in order for us to move to Canada, more specifically Quebec. In the application form IMM 0008 that has to be filled out by my husband – the principal applicant, they are asking if he has received his Certficat de Selection du Quebec. The answer is no. However, he has never applied for it so he can't enter any date. And the thing is that the date has to be filled out. So what should he put? He can't apply for the certificate at this moment, it will only be done after we recieve the acceptance letter from CIC.

Also, my husband's English isn't good enough yet for him to fill out his application forms. Can I, as his sponsor, be his representative and fill out everything on his behalf?

Thank you again very very much!

Hi!

I am Quebec applicant also. Just waiting for my Visa until now.. Usually as a sponsor, u have to start processing in CIC-Miss. then u have to wait for the letter coming from them. They will inform you afterwards thru e-mail if (you) as a sponsor approved already to sponsor your spouse. And they will ask you to proceed to the second step in MICC. The MICC office will send you a registered mail enclosed with the Undertaking Forms (to be filled-up by u) or with ur husband if he is a Canadian Citizen and CSQ Forms.

If, your husband is not a Canadian Citizen, only u will sign the undertaking forms & he will sign the CSQ Application papers. After completing the forms, he must return it as fast as he can before you submit all the forms to MICC office for approval. Usually, it takes 10 reg. working days before you can receive the letter of approval or disapproval. It depends on your case.

For further details, you may visit the MICC website and check for the Sponsor & sponsored persons.

Have a nice day!!! :)

mcm240906

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
hay nakakaloka talaga ang paghihintay...ako May 7 mag expire medical ko, then Passport ko hiningi at nareceive nila last September 7, 2011 pa...then gumamit na din ako ng CAIPS...ganun pa din still on process...August 17, 2011 nareceived ni Manila Embassy file ko, so still waiting until May 17 pang 9mos na...hay...

saan ba magstart ng count dun sa application na nareceived ng office sa Canada or dito sa Manila Embassy?...tnx