Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2011
Serendipity said:
Hi again,

JR stands for Judicial Review. (By the way, usually threads - and forums in general for that matter - are not good enough to discuss complicated cases because, as it is often seen, there are normally pieces of the puzzle missing and people may be misadvised. However, let's continue.)

Dear, I am certain that there is something missing here, but according to you a CBSA officer never gave your husband a PRRA application and adviced him on his alternatives. And this is almost a year after his refugee claim was rejected, Correct? Also, did you file an H&C application?

It appears that, and based upon what you have so far related, because of you guys didn't take any action that may have deferred your husband's deportation after his refugee claim was rejected, he was "removal ready" at the time you filed your inland spousal sponsorship application. My advice at this point is very clear: contact a lawyer ASAP as the situation I just described may lead you guys to change the entire strategy, and things may need to be done rather quickly. If money is a concern, shop around by contacting lawyers located in small cities as their prices tend to be significantly lower than their counterparts from large metropolitan areas.

Hope this helps

S.
I live in a small city and this was the advice given from a legal standpoint ( we have representation)but I'm one of those people that like to get different perspectives. We never filed anything in terms of his refugee refusal. We were told to simply go ahead with sponsorship. Even at the hearing, he was honest and told them that he is engaged and will be getting married regardless of refugee outcome. The same week he got his work permit renewal was the same week he went to Airport road for his monthly reporting (last month). So maybe we got wrong advice...guess we will soon find out. Thanks for your feedback Serendipity!

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In Limbo said:
I live in a small city and this was the advice given from a legal standpoint ( we have representation)but I'm one of those people that like to get different perspectives. We never filed anything in terms of his refugee refusal. We were told to simply go ahead with sponsorship. Even at the hearing, he was honest and told them that he is engaged and will be getting married regardless of refugee outcome. The same week he got his work permit renewal was the same week he went to Airport road for his monthly reporting (last month). So maybe we got wrong advice...guess we will soon find out. Thanks for your feedback Serendipity!

I insist, there is some information missing here. After all, your husband received an extension of his OWP almost a year after his claim was rejected. Obviously, something related to his failed refugee claim allowed him to get it, and that is precisely what is buying you guys time to finalize the sponsorship. Be patient and try to get all the facts from your lawyer so you can know exactly where you are standing.

Have a great night

S.

Cxyrus

Star Member
Nov 15, 2011
Hi guyz, great thread right here. I just have some questions regarding my sponsorship to my wife and son. Can i go back and have a vacation back home (Philippines) next year maybe March.? Would it affect my application for them.? And can I change my job right now even my application is being processed? What steps should I do? Thanks in advance.

steph816

Star Member
Dec 21, 2009
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2011
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
File Transfer...
13-06-2011 VO began processing 06-10-2011
Med's Request
10-01-2012
Med's Done....
22-01-2011, 27-02-2012
Interview........
23-05-2012
Passport Req..
19-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2012
Hope someone can help- my husband's medicals are "lost"! Did them Jan 2011 in Nairobi and his dr sent them straight to Pretoria (his VO) instead of the medical office in Nairobi. Pretoria VO says they never received them yet DHL says they were delivered, seems to the wrong office but nobody can find it!

Question- should we just redo the medical (even if they haven't requested we do so) since it might take forever to find the lost one, plus the 1yr time frame will hv elapsed by then I'm sure! Where do we send the medical? I'm hearing there's no medical office in Africa??? It has to go to London or Paris? Where do we send our copy of the medical form- to the Pretoria mailbag address? I'm really confused and aggravated now!!! Pls help :)

yffAm

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
In Spousal sponsorship

hi I am just new here and I have a lot of questions about this In Land spousal sponsorship and I know I am not the only one in this situation. I just arrived here in Canada and I'm under a work permit visa and my husband was a Canadian Permanent Resident already. I indicate on my application that I was married with my husbands name on it and that he was living here in Canada and I also include the name of my daughter of course.

Now my husbands trying to sponsor me In Land but He also wanted to include my daughter on the application form but she is still in the Philippines. Is it possible to do that? How? and how long will it take us to get approved by Canadian Immigration?

It will mean so much to me if you answer my question just to clear my mind. He's not yet sending the application I just want to be sure first if it is possible before we send it to Canadian Immigration. Thank you!

yffAm

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
IN Land Spousal sponsorship

theres an additional sponsorhip form included at the spousal sponsorship form that He's going to send. thats why he put the name of our daughter on that.

Were both confused about all of this Ive been reading all forums online for us to understand and have an idea on what were doing but still its confusing cause its all about spousal sponsorship only. lets just keep our fingers cross and the both of us have been praying for this. i hope that everything turned out good. thank you for your response we really appreciate it..^^

Mirianne

Nov 9, 2011
Hi everyone,
I go to repost my message (with somethings changes), sorry for that, i know that every people here have the same situation than me so, i'm me excuse before, i just want a response...

Thanks a lot Leon for take a moment of your time in answer...
We get our first step of our wedding and we will have our wedding the first days of december :) :-*
so we can put in the extension our receipt of pay and the file number of our case for the extension??? is the only proof that we will got married this next month...
my doubt is, in the formulary of extension ask for 10. MY REQUEST ... How much time i need to put? i don't know how much time we need to make all... In the for the following reasons (give complete details) : We go to get married soon so i can put for the reason is for be with my husband, stay together, and have our wedding, and we also want to make the sponsorship? something like that or what i need to put? is confused for us because we don't speak english so well and for read all the comments here sometimes i made fails, misunderstanding, etc

After we get our wedding certificated we can make our sponsorship application, right? i know that our priority now is the extension of my visa but i read here about the open work permit with the application... i can do that? what's mean exactly? i can make this if a have a request for a extension visa? i see in the web page of CIC and see the time for the extension is 136 days for response... so after we send the request for the extension we need to send our application of sponsorship before 136 days? (i don't know how much time delay our certificate but i thinks isn't 4 months.)
I hope you can help me and thanks in advance for your time...

God bless you :)

SONYRANI

Nov 17, 2011
Hello, I was just wondering if someone could help me out with some info? I am sponsoring my husband from Pakistan and sent in my application to CIC Mississauga on Nov 1, 2011. The only info I have is that it has been delivered as per my tracking number. I went to check the status of my application online using my IMM Receipt number and it says "We're not able to identify you...This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it." How will I know when they will have begun processing it and how long does that take? Thanks.

Admirable

Aug 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2010
Doc's Request.
09-02-2011
AOR Received.
24-01-2011 & 27-01-2012
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Request
08-03-2012 (2nd medical redo)
Med's Done....
06-06-2010 and 09-03-2012
Interview........
08-03-2012 Positive
Passport Req..
18-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2012
LANDED..........
June 2012
You will receive a letter if you are approved as a sponsor. I believe this takes 68days after they have received your application. Sit tight!

J

jash

The embassy has sent a letter requesting 4 photos of myself. The photos shud be as follows:

measure between 25mm and 35mm from chin to crown.
have a 35mm*45mm finished size.
photos shud be matt finish.

why wud the embassy request such photos?
Has anyone been asked for these photos?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
jash said:
The embassy has sent a letter requesting 4 photos of myself. The photos shud be as follows:

measure between 25mm and 35mm from chin to crown.
have a 35mm*45mm finished size.
photos shud be matt finish.

why wud the embassy request such photos?
Has anyone been asked for these photos?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance
You were supposed to include 4 photos that meet those requirements with your original application. It sounds like you may have missed this requirement when you submitted the application and that's why the embassy is asking for them now.

M

magpie

We submitted all the photo's also and was asked again by the VO to submit new ones 4... Our app was wired to VO so we assumed that they needed the photo's. The photo's they got went on the COPR.

scylla said:
You were supposed to include 4 photos that meet those requirements with your original application. It sounds like you may have missed this requirement when you submitted the application and that's why the embassy is asking for them now.

M

magpie

Count 68 days from the time they received your app and then add a couple more. If you have not heard anything then call the call centre and inquire. They are only on August 31st according to their web site so just be patient. The Receipt number does not really work. When you call them after 68 days ask for your client ID number and then you should be able to log on. Unfortunately patience is a virtue in this process. You can try to call earlier and you may get lucky. Good luck

SONYRANI said:
Hello, I was just wondering if someone could help me out with some info? I am sponsoring my husband from Pakistan and sent in my application to CIC Mississauga on Nov 1, 2011. The only info I have is that it has been delivered as per my tracking number. I went to check the status of my application online using my IMM Receipt number and it says "We're not able to identify you...This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it." How will I know when they will have begun processing it and how long does that take? Thanks.

galaxyviz

Nov 18, 2011
I am from Pakistan. I met my wife online in jan 2010. she visited me in January 2011 Pakistan. she spend one week with me and then left back. again she visited me in june 2011 and we live together 6 weeks. due to weather condition she left back again. now she is in Pakistan again. its been almost 2 months she is with me and we got married. 9 oct 2011. and she is living in Pakistan with me. my wife is from Quebec . we know each other more then a year. we have phone bills and emails record. can we apply for immigration of me to Canada

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If she is a Canadian citizen, then yes - she can sponsor you.

If she is a Canadian permanent resident - then she must first return to Canada to live and then she can sponsor you. She must also continue living in Canada while your application is being processed.