+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

M

magpie

I would think that all you have mentioned would be fine but submit them with your application to sponsor. You are asking basicly questions that are important to sponsorship.

mameelynn said:
hi I'm sponsoring my husband Outland and us and our three children live in the US and we are planing to stay here until his PR comes through. I haven't been working so I don't have an option c but my dad has written a letter saying that he is willing to let us live with him until we are able to find a place and because he owns his own bussnes he is also willing to provide employment for us. I'm wondering if I need to have him sign and send me a copy of the letter or if he typed it up and sent it via email if I were to just print it out I that would work? Also should we send in a copy of our US tax return as proof of previous employment? What about a copy of our bank statement showing our savings? Thanks!

mameelynn

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo... I mean CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
06/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/07/2012
Med's Done....
16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
magpie said:
I would think that all you have mentioned would be fine but submit them with your application to sponsor. You are asking basicly questions that are important to sponsorship.

Thank you! I'm still wondering though if I should have my dad send me a signed copy of his letter or just a print out from email without a signature? thanks!

M

magpie

CIC-M will not accept email printouts from your family without signature. Have him send you a sign original and send it. Make sure to make a copy of all your documents and evidence for your record or if by some chance CIC loses something. If you can also make digital copies in PDF format. Most Scanner software will do it when you scan. I always say better to be safe than sorry.

mameelynn said:
magpie said:

Thank you! I'm still wondering though if I should have my dad send me a signed copy of his letter or just a print out from email without a signature? thanks!

Mirianne

Nov 9, 2011
Hi everyone!
I have a doubt, my boyfriend and have been together for almost 5 years, we live together in my country the last years, because is a little hard for me come to canada, but i get a visitor visa and i had spend 4 months here. Now we are decided to get married, but the thing that we don't know is that we need more than 2 months to get our date... now we are worry because my visa end in 2 months... so, what we can do? i see in the CIC and for the extension of visa we need to send the paper 30 days before end my visa... we don't know what to do right now, would been very apreciated all your help. We also want to send our papers for the sponsorship inland. We need to send our papers for the sponsorship and also the extend of the visa at the same time? we try to find other city to get married more fast but don't find any yet... we are so confused now... i hope you can help us... and thank you in advance... ;)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apply for a visit visa extension 30 days before your visa expires listing as a reason that you are about to get married (give date and proof) and that you will be applying for sponsorship. Showing evidence that your husband can support you in Canada (bank statement or 3 pay slips) will also help.

Mirianne said:
Hi everyone!
I have a doubt, my boyfriend and have been together for almost 5 years, we live together in my country the last years, because is a little hard for me come to canada, but i get a visitor visa and i had spend 4 months here. Now we are decided to get married, but the thing that we don't know is that we need more than 2 months to get our date... now we are worry because my visa end in 2 months... so, what we can do? i see in the CIC and for the extension of visa we need to send the paper 30 days before end my visa... we don't know what to do right now, would been very apreciated all your help. We also want to send our papers for the sponsorship inland. We need to send our papers for the sponsorship and also the extend of the visa at the same time? we try to find other city to get married more fast but don't find any yet... we are so confused now... i hope you can help us... and thank you in advance... ;)

Mirianne

Nov 9, 2011
Leon said:
Apply for a visit visa extension 30 days before your visa expires listing as a reason that you are about to get married (give date and proof) and that you will be applying for sponsorship. Showing evidence that your husband can support you in Canada (bank statement or 3 pay slips) will also help.
Thanks Leon for the response... so, what i need to put in my extend of visa? how much time? we don't have yet the date... what other proof need? only the date?
The thing is he don't use so much his count of bank so he don't have so much movements... what we can do for that? he is self-employed... but we can live well like in my country, the only difference is that he work only...

I hope you can help us and thanks again... :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mirianne said:
Thanks Leon for the response... so, what i need to put in my extend of visa? how much time? we don't have yet the date... what other proof need? only the date?
The thing is he don't use so much his count of bank so he don't have so much movements... what we can do for that? he is self-employed... but we can live well like in my country, the only difference is that he work only...

I hope you can help us and thanks again... :)
You must apply when you have 30 days left until the expiry of your visit visa.

If you have no proof that you are getting married like booking a photographer, church, planning a wedding etc. then you just say that you are going to get married and give an approximate date like late in January or early February or whenever you have it planned.

So you are saying he does not have any money in his account? I assume that means he works for cash? I hope he is not working under the table. When he applies to sponsor you, they will ask for his tax statement and if he is not making any money on the papers, they will ask how you are feeding yourselves.

honeylaine

Mar 26, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CharlieD10 said:
You would answer NO, because you need approval from CPC-M first in order to apply to MICC for the CSQ. When your husband is approved to sponsor you, CPC-M will send him instructions and information on completing the CSQ application. Put a date a suitable number of days into the future if you absolutely have to enter a date. If you don't need a date for the form to be valid, just leave it blank.
Hi Charlie,

thanks for the info. :)

Mirianne

Nov 9, 2011
Leon said:
You must apply when you have 30 days left until the expiry of your visit visa.

If you have no proof that you are getting married like booking a photographer, church, planning a wedding etc. then you just say that you are going to get married and give an approximate date like late in January or early February or whenever you have it planned.

So you are saying he does not have any money in his account? I assume that means he works for cash? I hope he is not working under the table. When he applies to sponsor you, they will ask for his tax statement and if he is not making any money on the papers, they will ask how you are feeding yourselves.
Hi Leon thanks again... we try to get a date soon... in his mother town... we don't want a big wedding, more simple and private...
Well, he is self-employed, he make is tax statement but don't put so much in the bank, only the money of the rent... what do you mean with under de table? he is canadian, only he is paid in cheque or sometimes in cash and don't put in the bank...but he declare all this...
where they ask for the tax statement? i read the other time and say that this isn't necessary for the sponsorship... is not right?
thanks and sorry for all the questions!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mirianne said:
what do you mean with under de table? he is canadian, only he is paid in cheque or sometimes in cash and don't put in the bank...but he declare all this...
where they ask for the tax statement? i read the other time and say that this isn't necessary for the sponsorship... is not right?
Under the table is when you work for cash and don't declare it for the taxes but if he is not doing that, there is no problem. They will ask for the tax statement for the sponsorship. There is no specific income requirement for the sponsorship of a spouse but they still ask for the tax information.

It is not required for the extension but when asking for an extension, if you want them to give it to you, it is always good to add extra information and it will help them say yes to it if you can prove that he is making enough money to support you.

Mirianne

Nov 9, 2011
Ah ok, sorry but i don't speak english so well i understand other thing hehe... the tax are for 2010 or 2011? the papers of the bank how many months? the last 3, 4 or? we can additional put a letter from his parent where they support us economical in any case? can help or isn't better?
after send the extension visa papers, when we can start with the sponsorship?
How much time i need to put on my extension? i don't know how much time take the sponsorship and i want all my papers right..
They can say no to my extension visa? what happened with the sponsorship?

One more time, thankssssssss for the help!! :)...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mirianne said:
Ah ok, sorry but i don't speak english so well i understand other thing hehe... the tax are for 2010 or 2011? the papers of the bank how many months? the last 3, 4 or? we can additional put a letter from his parent where they support us economical in any case? can help or isn't better?
after send the extension visa papers, when we can start with the sponsorship?
How much time i need to put on my extension? i don't know how much time take the sponsorship and i want all my papers right..
They can say no to my extension visa? what happened with the sponsorship?

One more time, thankssssssss for the help!! :)...
You will have to send the tax records for 2010 because he still has not filed his taxes for the year of 2011 yet. You can send the last statement from the bank just to show the balance of your account. A letter and account statement from his parents can help too.

You can send in the sponsorship as soon as you are married, have your marriage certificate and your application is ready but you should start working on filling out the paperwork right now because it is a lot of work and asks for a lot of information from your past. You should also send a lot of proof of your relationship.

While your application for an extension is in process, you are under implied status and can still stay in Canada. If they come back and tell you no, extension refused, then you must leave. If you have at that point already sent in the papers for inland sponsorship, you can apply for restoration of status based on that. They generally do not kick out inland applicants as you must stay in Canada for the duration of the processing to be able to apply inland in the first place. If you have not yet applied for sponsorship and they kick you out, you can go to your home country and you can apply for sponsorship outland.

M

magpie

Sponsorship take from 2 weeks onwards depending on the completeness and simplicity of the application. What you see on ecas is no indication of anything except that that portion of the file is being worked on. It does not mean refusal or acceptance. You will see on there Decision Made when that part is completed and the results will be sent to you or you find out by phone.

If your address appears or disappears means nothing at all also. Do not take ecas as GOD. There is only one GOD. When you see medical received it only means that they received your medical and are working on the application. NOthing more.

Relax if you can. Find something to occupy yourself, things will happen. If your app is complete and proper supporting documents then normaly you should have nothing to worry about. Most of the rejects seem to come on the PR end and not the sponsorship unless you are a real boob and didn't fill in the sponsorship properly.

Ecas is not very accurate with respect to updates. Some people get notified by email and some by snail mail. Some don't even get a letter, so what. If the call centre informed you you have been approved good then you have been approved. If you have doubts about that information call again the next day and confirm. We never got any mail or email but my wife has her passport with visa and COPR. I don't need a letter. We have the visa and COPR and that is all that matters. We are dealing with the Government.

Indigo

Oct 22, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin, Germany
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2011
AOR Received.
05-01-2012
File Transfer...
25-11-2011
Med's Done....
26-08-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2012 (COPR)
LANDED..........
22-01-2012
Tees Maar Khan said:
not all I have spouses and partners. I dont have one. how can you say all have :D
Perhaps you should go and date your own ego then.

What you are seeking is a Marriage of Convenience, a marriage for the sole purpose of getting into Canada. This forum is full of non-Canadians who fell in love with a Canadian, and vice versa, and have to go through a long and stressful process to start their lives together. These people generally don't take kindly to being confronted with MoC stories.