File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi! I want to do an inland spouse sponsorship, I haven't done anything yet. I saw the first step is to be approved as a sponsor. Please, can someome tell me exactly what I need to do to send a Sponsor Approval application. I need to get this done asap! By the way, I am in Quebec

Thank you!!
You have to submit the full application, not just the sponsor section. Follow the instructions here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children.html

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I got update about eligibility

Eligibility changes from not started to in progress on sponsor and applicant trucker at the Same date!

Does sponsor eligibility and applicant eligibility review at the same time?
No. Sponsor eligibility is completed first.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey guys, just submit my partner’s sponsorship application yesterday.
i already discussed with her that I am very stressed and anxious, so I would quit this job once our document got submitted.
I am a bit worried, would it, in anyway, harm our application? Thanks
No issues as long as you don't go on social assistance.

Marie Fogarty

Apr 23, 2023
You have to submit the full application, not just the sponsor section. Follow the instructions here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children.html
Thanks , yes I read that website multiple times. But, do I start directly from the permenant residence portal ?
on my first page in the portal, they were asking for my CSQ number or the date I applied....
But then, on the CSQ form, I need to be approved as a sponsor, and receive the IRCC letter FIRST. So... now i am really confused.

Where do I start? I filled the form about the sponsor... imm 1344, imm5532 imm5533 .... but where do I upload them!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks , yes I read that website multiple times. But, do I start directly from the permenant residence portal ?
on my first page in the portal, they were asking for my CSQ number or the date I applied....
But then, on the CSQ form, I need to be approved as a sponsor, and receive the IRCC letter FIRST. So... now i am really confused.

Where do I start? I filled the form about the sponsor... imm 1344, imm5532 imm5533 .... but where do I upload them!
See the guide: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html

You may be best off hiring an immigration lawyer to assist you if you are finding it challenging to navigate the process yourself.

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada

Even though the instructions say that you need to be approved as a sponsor, it is only one application. I believe that one of the first steps they will do is to assess if you are eligible to be a sponsor.

You need to create an account on the Permanent Resident Portal (https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en). After you log in, you will start a PR application, it asks a few questions regarding the type of application (Family - Sponsorship), and then it will show a list of documents that you need to upload. You will have fields to upload each of them plus the supporting documents (the checklist form tells you what supporting documents you need - it depends on your case).

This YouTube channel has multiple videos about the sponsorship application that covers most of the common questions. It's worth checking it out.
https://www.youtube.com/@HitSubmitCanada

mina_kumari

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-03-2019
Passport Req..
26-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2019
LANDED..........
25-11-2019
Thank you SCcanuck.

These processing times are just average. For instance, citizenship grant application shows processing time as 15 months and mine was completed in almost 7 months a few months ago.

That is why I was just wondering if processing time for spousal sponsorship is faster if the spouse is US citizen.

Reactions: Home_13579

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
Thank you SCcanuck.

These processing times are just average. For instance, citizenship grant application shows processing time as 15 months and mine was completed in almost 7 months a few months ago.

That is why I was just wondering if processing time for spousal sponsorship is faster if the spouse is US citizen.
Take a look at the PR Tracker and see if you can find any pattern. The link is below. Based on the few examples I've seen, I don't think it changes anything if the spouse is a US citizen, but that's just my guess.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/192sbvjd4vJsEWY_B7w5DgFKBmIPNYo6TjlVWAk-xxxA

SCcanuck

Dec 4, 2023
Reactions: Home_13579

notdutra

Jan 19, 2024
Hi guys, my wife recently submitted her passport while CIC's account shows replacement needed for "digital photos" and "passport" with the same deadline as the pasport request. Do I have to upload photos and the copy of her passport from my end?
The weird thing is they didn't mention about these on the PPR letter at all.
i am also on the same boat, im not sure if this is something i need to upload on my end or if they are going to upload when the get my wife's passport

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Can only suggest you look at this quebec thread. I don't have great insights or ideas, it's possible your file has fallen into issues with what is effectively a quota (cap) on quebec spousal/family sponsorships. Others may have suggestions. You can order gcms and try the other suggestions in that thread, but it's a serious issue (see the enws articles).

SCcanuck

Dec 4, 2023
Can only suggest you look at this quebec thread. I don't have great insights or ideas, it's possible your file has fallen into issues with what is effectively a quota (cap) on quebec spousal/family sponsorships. Others may have suggestions. You can order gcms and try the other suggestions in that thread, but it's a serious issue (see the enws articles).
I'm fully aware of the delays for Quebec and how frustrating it is. I actually have a friend who works for one the major news organizations and they have covered the issue and they've told me personally its a complete mess from what they have seen and learned from their connections.