+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Multiple updates recently (see signature) and got re-medical despite of being in Canada for a couple of months (IRCC was advised of address change). So I guess the extension of meds does not apply for outland applications or not always....

Reactions: armoured

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
eh... update on the previous post... I contacted embassy that was processing our application two days ago mentioning public policy about medicals and asked if we could benefit from it. But being already exhausted from all the wait we went ahead and did the medicals the next day. Today at 3AM we got an email.... saying that our medicals are passed (and I don't believe that medical center submitted our data in less than 24 hours) and we got PPR!

14.5 months processing of a somewhat complicated case. Now comes a potentially long wait for the virtual landing... some say it goes for 2-3 months but we are almost there and that`s a relief.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2023
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Regarding your case status enquiry received on 2024-02-02. Please be advised your application is in the queue
for processing.

can anyone please tell ?

naniyssv

Oct 18, 2023
eh... update on the previous post... I contacted embassy that was processing our application two days ago mentioning public policy about medicals and asked if we could benefit from it. But being already exhausted from all the wait we went ahead and did the medicals the next day. Today at 3AM we got an email.... saying that our medicals are passed (and I don't believe that medical center submitted our data in less than 24 hours) and we got PPR!

14.5 months processing of a somewhat complicated case. Now comes a potentially long wait for the virtual landing... some say it goes for 2-3 months but we are almost there and that`s a relief.

naniyssv

Oct 18, 2023
Thank you.
I remember your post not long time ago, you have a very unusual timeline. Did you request GCMS notes as suggested?
yes I have been stuck on BC for 7 months without any updates.And GCMS notes show that my security is in progress and criminal hasn’t started yet.....

tirthraj

Oct 29, 2018
My spouse landed on Trv in canada while her PR application under family class is still in progress,
Do we need to inform IRCC now or Do we need to inform IRCC when we get passport request for PR application ?
That she is in canada

GloryAlemseged

Star Member
Jun 16, 2023
I got update about eligibility

Eligibility changes from not started to in progress on sponsor and applicant trucker at the Same date!

Does sponsor eligibility and applicant eligibility review at the same time?

Moo_iamacow

Aug 15, 2023
Hey guys, just submit my partner’s sponsorship application yesterday.
i already discussed with her that I am very stressed and anxious, so I would quit this job once our document got submitted.
I am a bit worried, would it, in anyway, harm our application? Thanks

Marie Fogarty

Apr 23, 2023
Hi! I want to do an inland spouse sponsorship, I haven't done anything yet. I saw the first step is to be approved as a sponsor. Please, can someome tell me exactly what I need to do to send a Sponsor Approval application. I need to get this done asap! By the way, I am in Quebec

Thank you!!