28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everyone,
I became a Canadian PR in September, 2022 by landing in Canada but then travelled back to another country in which I am residing currently. I got married after becoming a PR and want to raise a PR for my wife but when I read the the requirements for raising a PR for spouse, it states that one has to be in Canada for raising a PR application for your spouse if the primary applicant is a PR holder. If this is true then I will have to first travel to Canada and raise a PR request for my wife and only after the application is approved, etc., will she be able to travel to Canada on a PR. Can someone please confirm and suggest on the below:
1) Do I need to be in Canada if I have to apply a PR for my spouse?
2) I am travelling to Canada in July 2024 for spending a few days at my relatives but I will again come back to my current country of residence. Can I apply a PR for my spouse during that time since I will be inside Canada in July 2024?
1) Yes, it is mandatory.
2) No. You need to be actually living in Canada to apply.

engr_m.umair

Aug 29, 2014
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-10-2019
Med's Done....
14-11-2019
Passport Req..
24-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2020
I submitted the IMM 5476 form with hand signed of me (Sponsor) and Spouse signatures both. My application response letter states this:

"Your application package is being returned to you because it has been identified that you may be using a representative and/or have not properly completed the required Use of Representative (IMM 5476) form"

should I delete the IMM 5476 and IMM 5475 forms and resubmit it again. As IMM 0008 form have address of my spouse (PA).

Please guide, Thanks

Applied on 18 Nov-2023
Returned/rejected on 2-Jan-2024

warda munawwar

Aug 2, 2023
hello, I have a quick question, if applying for TRV with the dual intent to visit my spouse as well as to achieve PR status during the stay. Should we mention leaving Canada in this situation with a return ticket and date in the Explanation Letter?
Or is it mandatory to show the return ticket with the leaving date even if you are telling the officer you are coming to Canada with a dual intent of PR?
This is a little bit confusing. Hoping for the help!

Last edited:

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
I submitted the IMM 5476 form with hand signed of me (Sponsor) and Spouse signatures both. My application response letter states this:

"Your application package is being returned to you because it has been identified that you may be using a representative and/or have not properly completed the required Use of Representative (IMM 5476) form"

should I delete the IMM 5476 and IMM 5475 forms and resubmit it again. As IMM 0008 form have address of my spouse (PA).

Please guide, Thanks

Applied on 18 Nov-2023
Based on that message, it sounds like your "IMM 5476 (Use of Representative Form)" was not properly completed (assuming you submitted it with the application). Have you reviewed it and found any mistakes?

The video below explains how to complete it. According to that guy, he printed out the form, signed it, and scanned it back. I'm not sure if this form can be digitally signed.

Please let us know if you find out what happened. I'm curious because I'm the sponsor handling my wife's application, and I'll need this form as well.

ripul

Jan 29, 2019

Please guide, Thanks

Applied on 18 Nov-2023
It has to be digitally signed, that means just typing your and your spouse's name.

ripul

Jan 29, 2019
Hello folks - Happy holidays!
My wife's PR application is in progress and she is in Canada on a TRV visit visa. She did her medical in Canada last week and the doctor's finding in her check x-ray is that she has a .5 cm non-specified nodule in her lung which could be a sign of Non-Active TB in the past. Any experience; outcome of such findings or knowledge about such results.

Secondly - how can she stay in Canada for more than 6 months on a visit visa - we just want to prevent her from traveling back home and coming again, saving the cost of a ticket and she is a homemaker now.
I have seen cases where doctors project it as potential TB and later clear it because they want to do multiple tests (they get more money). Hopefully, she will be cleared after few tests and nothing comes out.

danger52

Nov 15, 2023

Please guide, Thanks

Applied on 18 Nov-2023

> It has to be digitally signed, that means just typing your and your spouse's name.

There are threads where people in the past electronically signed and it was returned. There is inconsistency amongst IRCC. We also Hand signed and are wondering if we should just get rid of it

Reactions: engr_m.umair

danger52

Nov 15, 2023
Question: We've been filling out forms and signing them as we are tackling them and haven't filled the forms (PDFS) nor the web forms.

For example IMM1344 has 14th December, and I filled web forms weeks after this. I am still submitting additional supporting documents till this date. In some cases, I have attached LOEs with dates that do not match the date when the associated form was signed. Does that matter?

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
> It has to be digitally signed, that means just typing your and your spouse's name.

There are threads where people in the past electronically signed and it was returned. There is inconsistency amongst IRCC. We also Hand signed and are wondering if we should just get rid of it
Yes. I've also seen people saying that they electronically signed the IMM5476 form and had issues. I'll print it, sign it by hand, and scan it again just in case. I'm not sure why the person above got it returned (it sounds like they didn't fill it out correctly).

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
Question: We've been filling out forms and signing them as we are tackling them and haven't filled the forms (PDFS) nor the web forms.

For example IMM1344 has 14th December, and I filled web forms weeks after this. I am still submitting additional supporting documents till this date. In some cases, I have attached LOEs with dates that do not match the date when the associated form was signed. Does that matter?
I don't think all the forms have to have the same date (at least, I haven't seen anywhere in the guidelines asking for this). I guess that it doesn't matter.

In my case, I'm filling the forms all out and will sign them on the same day once everything is done. As for the letters and other documents, they will have different dates, but won't be too far apart (no more than a month).

Maybe someone who has already submitted can tell us what they did and if it worked.

danger52

Nov 15, 2023
Yes. I've also seen people saying that they electronically signed the IMM5476 form and had issues. I'll print it, sign it by hand, and scan it again just in case. I'm not sure why the person above got it returned (it sounds like they didn't fill it out correctly).
Is there any bnefit of filling IMM5476? They will be doing communication to the email that made the account and I used my email.

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
Is there any bnefit of filling IMM5476? They will be doing communication to the email that made the account and I used my email.
It depends on who is handling the application. If you are the sponsor and you are the one handling the application, I believe this form is mandatory because the application needs to be filed by the principal applicant (even though they can't validate who that email belongs to, it should belong to the principal applicant). If you don't submit this form in this situation, you will be omitting information. I suppose that you could access your spouse's email and act as them, but this should not be done and if IRCC finds out, you might be in trouble. I'm not sure if IRCC ever calls anyone, but if they do, your spouse would have to answer and know everything about the application.

sidhuripudaman

Star Member
Sep 4, 2019
Thanks a lot for your reply. A follow-up question:
1. What is the definition of 'You need to be actually living in Canada'. Which document proves that I am actually living in Canada?
Well they would have your immigration record, when you exit and enter the country. But document wise it would be lease in your name bank accounts that's are active, government ID's with the same address as your lease. If I'm missing something please point it out!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
1. What is the definition of 'You need to be actually living in Canada'. Which document proves that I am actually living in Canada?
There's no single document, employment is the easiest. While not formally required, you can expect IRCC to look at your employment situation.

Oh, and if you apply to sponsor and leave for anythign more than a short trip - they can cancel it, or put it on hold and wait to see if you return. They might not, but they can.

But it may help to approach by starting with when you and your spouse intend to/hope to actually move to and reside in Canada. (Most importantly you). If you want her to come before the spousal sponsorship is finalized, she can apply for a TRV. There's no guarantee she'll get one to accompany you.