+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

lulucasserole

Dec 4, 2023
Category........
FAM
Regarding the Schedule A / background form :

My wife is a transgender, going MtF. She is on hormone replacement therapy for more than a year now. Does she need to say yes to "do you have a serious disease or physical or mental disorder" and explain that she is a transgender? This is a very delicate area for her as you can imagine, but I know it'll show up during her medical exam.
My wife is also trans; she said no to that question, and didn't run into any issues (currently at the portal 1 stage). We did mention her transition in the LOE.

Reactions: Tarikla

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
Hello everyone
Is there any thread or group for Proof of relationship document? Please advise
I don't know if there is a thread or group for the proof of relationship requirements. The proof of relationship section from the checklist consists of multiple documents. Do you have any questions specifically?

I'm preparing my application and getting ready to submit it at the end of January. I'm always checking this thread to learn more about the process and sometimes checking this YouTube channel called "Hit Submit & Canada" which has some videos about the sponsorship application. It might be worth checking it out.

Reactions: akh136

akh136

Star Member
Apr 18, 2019
Hi guys, I have one more question. For the submission of proof of contact, is it compulsory to have the chats translated ? As the chats are in Hindi and English both
Also, do they need to be in continuation? Like can I delete some as some it is quite personal and also involves a lot of arguments..lol

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys, I have one more question. For the submission of proof of contact, is it compulsory to have the chats translated ? As the chats are in Hindi and English both
Also, do they need to be in continuation? Like can I delete some as some it is quite personal and also involves a lot of arguments..lol
Chats must be in either English or French. Either don't provide chats in Hindi or have them translated.

ripul

Jan 29, 2019
Choose only those screens where the chat is in English. Most importantly, it should show a timeline when your relationship started until this day

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
According to the checklist, the Proof of Contact document can have a maximum of 10 pages, which means that you won't have space for all the chat history (most likely, they don't have time to go through all the chat history even if there was no limit of pages). Therefore, it's up to you to choose what part of the chats you will include.

rammy

Nov 7, 2011
So I had been waiting for AOR and I've received biometrics request today but I also received additional document request of Marriage Certificate (Nikkah Nama).

I'm confused as I have already submitted my Marriage Certificate (Nikkah Nama) and the NADRA Marriage Certificate yet their asking for it again? And 5 minutes after this request I received biometrics request but no AOR.

I tried to link my PR online portal application to IRCC with the application number but it didn't find any. I don't know if they missed my Marriage Certificate that I've submitted or if there is something wrong with it? Anyone experienced something similar here?

nicck99

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Hi Guys,
spousal PR sponsorship
Date applied - 28-7-2023
Medical and Eligibility--- completed
Biometrics and background -----In progress
However, Biometrics submitted before medical process. I believe only background check s running
Anyone has an idea how long it take for background check???

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Hi Guys,
spousal PR sponsorship
Date applied - 28-7-2023
Medical and Eligibility--- completed
Biometrics and background -----In progress
However, Biometrics submitted before medical process. I believe only background check s running
Anyone has an idea how long it take for background check???
BG Took 5 months for us from day we submitted our app ( inland )

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for clarifying! I actually met him 8 months after I immigrated, and that's when we got married.
Are you older than you spouse? If yes how much older? How long did you date before getting married? There may be concerns that your spouse may be trying to secure domestic tuition since he is only in 1st year at U of T. Marrying someone with status in Canada or after they have a WP or study permit has been used as a form of immigration fraud so IRCC does look at these types of cases a bit more carefully. How long did you date before getting married? Did you have a culturally typical wedding ceremony? For example didn’t include a tea ceremony. Were both sets of parents present at the wedding or did you have 2 ceremonies? Did he have a way to support his studies since he wouldn’t have enough funds in his GIC to cover his full bachelor degree and living costs in Toronto?

ABWAQAR

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Hi, Folks - are there any precautions or steps need to take before medical exams?

what is the next step after conducting a medical exam and how long it takes to move to this step?

thanks

ABWAQAR

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Hi, Folks - are there any precautions or steps need to take before medical exams?

what is the next step after conducting a medical exam and how long it takes to move to this step?

thanks
????

Can anyone share the link to the online Excel file where applicants have added the status of their applications? I want to see the past trends. thanks