FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Hi all!
I applied for Outland spousal sponsorship on 3rd august this year. Seeing Facebook and WhatsApp groups almost everyone that submitted around that time already received AOR. Today marks 80 days since I submitted and I haven’t got any type of response so far. Should I be worried? Is there a maximum days till AOR?
did you get AOR ?

Satishrana.7061.sr

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
Done
IELTS Request
Yes
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
Yes
So, how long does it take after this AOR? and does the IRCC give Visitor visa in case Spousal PR is in process?

Tarikla

Star Member
Nov 20, 2023
Regarding the Schedule A / background form :

My wife is a transgender, going MtF. She is on hormone replacement therapy for more than a year now. Does she need to say yes to "do you have a serious disease or physical or mental disorder" and explain that she is a transgender? This is a very delicate area for her as you can imagine, but I know it'll show up during her medical exam.

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada

My wife is a transgender, going MtF. She is on hormone replacement therapy for more than a year now. Does she need to say yes to "do you have a serious disease or physical or mental disorder" and explain that she is a transgender? This is a very delicate area for her as you can imagine, but I know it'll show up during her medical exam.
In my opinion, I'd add an explanation because if something shows up in the medical report that you haven't explicitly told them, they might think you are omitting information or they might ask for additional information and it will delay the process. I'm not sure what you should say in that field because it asks for a disease or disorder instead of a treatment, but definitely, a letter of explanation would be valid.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

I would say "no" to this question but then make sure that you cover your wife's transition in an LOE. Presumably you've already planned to do that somewhere.

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
Would a spousal sponsorship be denied if me and my wife have been legally married for only a month? We never lived with eachother, aside from hotels during vacation and brief family visits in the past. We've also literally never missed a day of texting eachother for almost a year.
In theory, there is no minimum required time to be married. Obviously, the longer you are married, the easier is to prove that it's a legit relationship. I'm in a bit similar situation, I've been in a relationship for a year and will complete 3 months of being married by the time I apply in January. While I've been living with my wife for almost 6 months now, I'll add as much information as I can, like proof of contact (chats) even though this is not required if you are already living together.

My suggestion is to make a clean and organized application, add as much information as you can to prove that the relationship is legit (even though you are married) and you should be fine. This is my opinion, I'm not an expert and haven't applied yet, but based on the guide and requirements, there isn't a minimum time you should be married. If someone is in a similar situation, I'd be glad to hear about your experience.

Reactions: emett22

Tarikla

Star Member
Nov 20, 2023
I would say "no" to this question but then make sure that you cover your wife's transition in an LOE. Presumably you've already planned to do that somewhere.
Okay, that makes sense, we'll write a LOE to explain her situation, thank you!

Home_13579

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
I got pre-arrival 4 months ago. I still haven't received PPR. Background is 'in progress'. Could someone advise if it's normal? Why is the gap between pre-arrival and PPR so long?

Tarikla

Star Member
Nov 20, 2023
I got pre-arrival 4 months ago. I still haven't received PPR. Background is 'in progress'. Could someone advise if it's normal? Why is the gap between pre-arrival and PPR so long?
Background check is the longest step in the application. As long as your application is still withing the processing time frame (10 months for inland, 13 for outland), you have nothing to worry about.

Tarikla

Star Member
Nov 20, 2023
Does anyone know if you need to pay the biometrics to apply for a visitor record extension for a US citizen? The IRCC website says that biometrics are required for applying in Canada, but the biometrics tools say that US Citizens only need biometrics for PR applications, and I'd rather not pay the biometrics fees twice if we can help it.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
There is no definite timeline/state when pre-arrival is being sent out.
Don't worry and just wait for the next step. background check usually is the longest part of the process.

Reactions: Home_13579