AOR Received.
Done
IELTS Request
Yes
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
Yes
Hi there, I submitted spousal PR application for my wife in august and they they were asking about the english translation for her birth certificate. and it reset the date to October.

So, will they consider the file submission from October or from August and one more thing. what is the process for for spousal PR and how long does it take? My wife is in India.

Regards

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Hi there, I submitted spousal PR application for my wife in august and they they were asking about the english translation for her birth certificate. and it reset the date to October.

So, will they consider the file submission from October or from August and one more thing. what is the process for for spousal PR and how long does it take? My wife is in India.

Regards
When did you get AOR ?

uncommonfriend

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
1. Assuming you are from India as well, did you get married in India as well? Or just Ontario? If you got married in India as well, you can use your Indian marriage registration. Thats what we did
2. Yes, application will be returned if you dont include PCC upfront. You have to use her passport address for home police station. What we did, was get a family member to go directly to the Police station and speak with the SI who handles these requests and explain your situation and urgency.
Depending on he cop, should speed it up. This will speed up the process by a few weeks.
3. 4-5 months
1. Yes but we got married in Ontario so can't get a certificate from India
2. We can't get PCC from India but planning to get it from HCI in Toronto. So wondering if anyone knows what they accept as proof of address for applying for a PCC

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

So, will they consider the file submission from October or from August and one more thing.
What do you mean it 'reset'? Was it sent back to you? Or they sent you AOR and just asked you to submit the birth certificate translation?

Short answer - if it was sent back, then your august submission is null and void. You are in the queue from October like other October submissions. If you got AOR, there may be a delay due to birth certificate request, but likely not that long; it will be handled with other August applications. (If you don't know whether it was AOR - if you got biometric or medical request, esp around the same time, then that was AOR);.

As to how long it takes for the application overall - you can look at basically every single other thread here. There's no simple answer. Between 4 and 24 months. Most applications still done in less than 12.

THis may be a dumb question, but I thought birth certificates in India were customarily in English (as well as other languages) - why is a translation required?

Last edited:
Reactions: YVR123

hanzi4389604

Nov 27, 2023
Hello everyone,

As indicated in the title, I sponsored my wife to be PR- In canada class.

My wife is visitor in Canada, and her status is about to expire (she arrived in Canada at July 2023, and almost five months has passed; only one month left legally).

We just received AOR for PR days agao (Nov. 24th), and I have applyed work permit for her yesterday (Nov. 27th). The estimated processing time for work permit is ~ 135 days as indicated in the cic website.

My question is: do my wife need to extend her visitor record? (becuae her visitor status is going to exire, and her work permit is not going to be approved soon before visitor status expire.)

Thank you so much!

Best,
LL

Go123

Star Member
Sep 14, 2021
Based on the checklist, you need the following documents:
- Letter of Employment from your employer, or supporting financial documents if you are self-employed (not sure what these are, but bank statements should probably do it).
- Notice of Assessment or Proof of Income Statement (option C).

It means that you need the Notice of Assessment (NOT) which you have + any other financial document (your bank statements) because you are self-employed. Not sure if there are any other documents you have as a self-employed.
Got it, I have bank statements for the second option.

Thanks

Tarikla

Star Member
Nov 20, 2023
Hello everyone,

As indicated in the title, I sponsored my wife to be PR- In canada class.

My wife is visitor in Canada, and her status is about to expire (she arrived in Canada at July 2023, and almost five months has passed; only one month left legally).

We just received AOR for PR days agao (Nov. 24th), and I have applyed work permit for her yesterday (Nov. 27th). The estimated processing time for work permit is ~ 135 days as indicated in the cic website.

My question is: do my wife need to extend her visitor record? (becuae her visitor status is going to exire, and her work permit is not going to be approved soon before visitor status expire.)

Thank you so much!

Best,
LL
Since you already applied for the OWP, your wife has maintained status while the OWP application is in progress. As such, she does not need to have her visitor record extended, and she is considered a Visitor with valid status until the OWP application is processed.

If, for whatever reason, her OWP application is denied, she'd fall immediately out of status, and you'd need to have a restoration of status done for her PR application to continue. But since it is an OWP application related to an Inland PR application, there are very few cases where that can happen (the main one being that you lied or omitted material information on her OWP application). So in all likelihood, your wife is good to go and doesn't need any extension.

hanzi4389604

Nov 27, 2023
Since you already applied for the OWP, your wife has maintained status while the OWP application is in progress. As such, she does not need to have her visitor record extended, and she is considered a Visitor with valid status until the OWP application is processed.

If, for whatever reason, her OWP application is denied, she'd fall immediately out of status, and you'd need to have a restoration of status done for her PR application to continue. But since it is an OWP application related to an Inland PR application, there are very few cases where that can happen (the main one being that you lied or omitted material information on her OWP application). So in all likelihood, your wife is good to go and doesn't need any extension.
Thank you very much for your kind answer!! have a great day!

hanzi4389604

Nov 27, 2023
Hello everyone,

I met an technical issue when i login to check the application status (I am sponsor; in Canada spouse sponsorship class; I got my AOR last week).

the tracking website is https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en

After I got the AOR, I registed with
1) Application No.
2) UCI (sponsor's UCI)

I can got the code in my E-mail box fron ircc, can I can register successfully.

However, I can never login, and it will pop below information.:
"
We’re experiencing a technical difficulty
We’re working to fix this as soon as possible. Try refreshing the page or come back later.
"

Oddly, I can register many many times with the combination of my UCI and Application No. But none of them can be login successfully.

I tried for three days, never been successful.

Anyone else are experiencing the same issue?

Or any suggestions?

Mouna 02

Jun 8, 2023
S'il vous plaît j'ai une question
Compte tenu du long délais du parrainage
Est-ce que je peux entamer une procédure de campus (visa d'étude au Canada) ?

Master5678

Star Member
May 11, 2023
Hello everyone,

I met an technical issue when i login to check the application status (I am sponsor; in Canada spouse sponsorship class; I got my AOR last week).

the tracking website is https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en

After I got the AOR, I registed with
1) Application No.
2) UCI (sponsor's UCI)

I can got the code in my E-mail box fron ircc, can I can register successfully.

However, I can never login, and it will pop below information.:
"
We’re experiencing a technical difficulty
We’re working to fix this as soon as possible. Try refreshing the page or come back later.
"

Oddly, I can register many many times with the combination of my UCI and Application No. But none of them can be login successfully.

I tried for three days, never been successful.

Anyone else are experiencing the same issue?

Or any suggestions?
I had this too. Try with the PA's UCI. it worked for me

Reactions: hanzi4389604

emett22

Jul 24, 2023
Would a spousal sponsorship be denied if me and my wife have been legally married for only a month? We never lived with eachother, aside from hotels during vacation and brief family visits in the past. We've also literally never missed a day of texting eachother for almost a year.

Satishrana.7061.sr

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
Done
IELTS Request
Yes
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
Yes
Hi there,
I am PR in Canada and I submitted my wife's Spousal PR from India. It was submitted In August and after that in October, they asked about the translation of the birth certificate and submission, the application submission date was changed to October.

Will they consider that the file was submitted form October?
2nd we were thinking of starting the visitor visa application side by side. so is it possible to do so? and will there be any impact on the Spousal PR file?

Satishrana.7061.sr

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
Done
IELTS Request
Yes
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
Yes
And if we would like to do the Visitor visa file by ourselves then is it possible? like what would be a process?