+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

NoemTrem

Aug 16, 2023
Quebec has put caps in place and consequently wait times for Quebec spousal sponsorship applications are 2+ years right now. There are several threads discussing this issue and also at least one petition floating around against this Quebec government policy. Here's one of those threads: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/cruel-24-months-of-waiting-for-outland-spousal-sponsorship.822280/page-2#post-10629983
The thread is mostly about Outland. We applied for Inland

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The thread is mostly about Outland. We applied for Inland
Same issue. Doesn't matter if you are inland or outland. The Quebec caps apply.

yasoso

Sep 18, 2023
No in this context the sponsor being a Canadian citizen or PR is not included. It is mainly related to a dependent who is not Canadian or PR.
Hi, could you give advice on what to do in my situation?
My wife is sponsoring me. The system automatically added my wife (canadian citizen) as a dependent when I put her name in family information. So I thought it was the right way to go and we sent the application at the end of August. I have just realized this mistake while reading the entries here, and I have sent an inquiry thru the webform. I've also attached a correctly filled version of imm 0008. What do you think will happen? Will our current application be refused or is this a fixable mistake?

FamilyPR

Oct 7, 2023
That's long, have you tried contacting VFS?
Yes I did and they told me they cannot see anything beyond what is available to me via their application tracker. They can see the application is complete and is with IRCC. They cannot expedite the process with IRCC. They are just a 3rd party company enabling communication between me and IRCC and have no other influence.

When I go to IRCC tracker they have a COPR document number for me along with expiry date. Is that legitimate ? This was updated when they sent me my Passport Request via email. Also, they set COPR expiry date to be same as my medical expiry date.

Well one reason to share information here is so that folks applying via spousal sponsorship from US should know your passport may be gone for 4 weeks if you need resident visa stamp.

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes I did and they told me they cannot see anything beyond what is available to me via their application tracker. They can see the application is complete and is with IRCC. They cannot expedite the process with IRCC. They are just a 3rd party company enabling communication between me and IRCC and have no other influence.

When I go to IRCC tracker they have a COPR document number for me along with expiry date. Is that legitimate ? This was updated when they sent me my Passport Request via email. Also, they set COPR expiry date to be same as my medical expiry date.

Well one reason to share information here is so that folks applying via spousal sponsorship from US should know your passport may be gone for 4 weeks if you need resident visa stamp.
Contact IRCC then.

Abvan

Aug 10, 2023
Hi!
I will really appreciate if someone could help me. I have my spouse’s Outland sponsorship application under process and recently received pre arrival letter. My spouse got temporary visa as well recently. I just wanted to know if she comes to cananda on trv and then got her PR approved later, does she has to go back and visit again on PR visa. Or is there any other way we get PR card in canada without PR stamp on passport if she comes on trv?
thanks

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Hi!
I will really appreciate if someone could help me. I have my spouse’s Outland sponsorship application under process and recently received pre arrival letter. My spouse got temporary visa as well recently. I just wanted to know if she comes to cananda on trv and then got her PR approved later, does she has to go back and visit again on PR visa. Or is there any other way we get PR card in canada without PR stamp on passport if she comes on trv?
thanks
This question is being asked almost on a daily basis. No, she don't have to go back. Just update her address via webform indicating that she lives with you in Canada.

Last edited:

Abvan

Aug 10, 2023
This question is being asked almost on daily basis. No, she don't have to go back. Just update her address via webform indicating that she lives with you in Canada.
Hi thanks for replying. After changing address how can we apply for PR card without PR stamp once copr received? Any idea?
Thanks

Preetihunjan

Apr 28, 2021
Hi. I applied for my spousal application on April 29,2023. Everything is done. Background verification completed on October 5,2023. Any idea when will my spouse get passport request ?

nicck99

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Can anybody let me know , I applied PR for my spouse she is in India. DO VFS charge for biometric because we already paide $85 to ircc when we applied. VFS jalandhar asked RS. 2000 for normal and Rs. 3500 for premium so they upload the biometric within a week. In my opinion its a scam thing. My wife paid at the spot but I just want to confirm whether they ask for it in vfs offices in India, if anyone has an idea please share. Thank you