+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
I didn't until I saw the form and the wording made me think the person at IRCC was wrong.
We called back, before your reply, and were told they made an error.

Thanks.

You did not mention before that you had received advice from someone at the IRCC. But, the fact that you received advice, yet came here and asked the same question, suggests to me you doubted the advice.
[/QUOTE]

Moe1996

Apr 26, 2023
My application has been transfer to Etobicoke in JAN 31 and still hasn't completed the Back Ground check! Anyone waiting for Etobicoke VO too ?

hoangnguyen864

Star Member
Apr 21, 2023
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on July 13, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 13, 2022.
  3. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 27, 2022.
  4. We started processing your application on September 20, 2022.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on December 15, 2022. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. Medical results have been received.
  7. We sent you correspondence on June 9, 2023. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required
Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • December 23, 2022 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We have received the additional documents you provided.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

So far I have not heard any news. Anyone who submitted the application in July has any news? really upset

Reactions: Moe1996

PMN

Star Member
May 29, 2022
Hi Everyone, I wanted to share an update on my spousal sponsorship application.

14 NOVEMBER 2022 : Application submitted
6 JANUARY 2023: AOR RECEIVED
21 JANUARY 2023: FEDERAL APPROVAL TO SPONSOR ME
6 FEBRUAY 2023: PROVINCIAL APPROVAL RECEIVED ( Quebec)

9 AUGUST 2023: MEDICAL REQUEST
10 AUGUST 2023: ELLIGIBILITY AND BACKGROUND CHECK COMPLETED.

I did my medical exam on august 10th.

Office processing my application is LONDON OFFICE. Based on your experience, how long do you think i still have to wait ?

Reactions: ERCAN

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Hi Everyone, I wanted to share an update on my spousal sponsorship application.

14 NOVEMBER 2022 : Application submitted
6 JANUARY 2023: AOR RECEIVED
21 JANUARY 2023: FEDERAL APPROVAL TO SPONSOR ME
6 FEBRUAY 2023: PROVINCIAL APPROVAL RECEIVED ( Quebec)

9 AUGUST 2023: MEDICAL REQUEST
10 AUGUST 2023: ELLIGIBILITY AND BACKGROUND CHECK COMPLETED.

I did my medical exam on august 10th.

Office processing my application is LONDON OFFICE. Based on your experience, how long do you think i still have to wait ?
Did you have your eligibility started in the PR tracker or it went straight to completed? Did you receive pre-arrival or approved in principle letter?
Regarding the wait, there is a problem with Quebec (read my post above). So it will depend if you are lucky and got selected in the quota. If not, the wait is unfortunately undetermined, and the office probably doesn't play any role here.

PMN

Star Member
May 29, 2022
Did you have your eligibility started in the PR tracker or it went straight to completed? Did you receive pre-arrival or approved in principle letter?
Regarding the wait, there is a problem with Quebec (read my post above). So it will depend if you are lucky and got selected in the quota. If not, the wait is unfortunately undetermined, and the office probably doesn't play any role here.
I did receive the pre-arrival letter as well on the 10th of August. And as for the eligibility its been in progress for a while !

Reactions: ERCAN

dadiduclair

Jan 8, 2018
Does the pre-approval letter have a significant meaning ?

nikhita

Aug 3, 2018
Hello Guys, do anybody has idea if application is returned for any reason for outland spose applicant, what will be timeline? do we have to wait for another 2 months or will it be a bit early? Any idea, we have tried many places to search but could not find any timeline for this?

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Hello Guys, do anybody has idea if application is returned for any reason for outland spose applicant, what will be timeline? do we have to wait for another 2 months or will it be a bit early? Any idea, we have tried many places to search but could not find any timeline for this?
Your question is not altogether clear to me. But, I'll have a go at answering.

In the case of an outland spousal application, the first step after the application is submitted is AOR, which can take 8-12 weeks. That is when someone actually reviews the file to see if it appears to be complete. If it is not, it will be returned at that stage and you will have to start over. Those weeks of waiting for AOR will be lost. So, I am not sure what you mean when you ask

do we have to wait for another 2 months or will it be a bit early?
So am am maybe not addressing your question.

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
When an application gets rejected, you wasted all the waiting time for AOR and it gets put back from zero.

In my case, I first applied in September 2022 and had no AOR until the end of January 2023 when I inquired about IRCC on Twitter. Then by some coincidence, I got the email for application rejection due to an error with IMM0008. I reapplied the next day and then got AOR 6 weeks later.

Maybe this is what you wanted to know with my real experience.