+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Adrian Timm

Star Member
Feb 24, 2023
I paid $0 and my wife got her PR lightning fast. Seriously, if you understand English or French and have a straight forward application, I would recommend doing it yourself and saving that money. Triple check everything you fill in and follow the instructions and check list. It's really not difficult at all.
That is very quick! And good for you! You are one of the lucky ones.
28 months now , and, now, another delay.
After approval last September, It’s been one screw up after another!
The MP can’t even get answers!

And I know, we’re not alone

Reactions: Home_13579

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
Yes , I know there are, but who do you trust, and what if there are issues?
No disrespect here, I understand!
I paid under 2000.
But remember, after one starts the portal, the agency can not be involved, but guidance is very helpful!
What I observed more often is that paying a consultant to fill out the application has a higher risk of screwups.

Reactions: Flyingfast

Adrian Timm

Star Member
Feb 24, 2023
What I observed more often is that paying a consultant to fill out the application has a higher risk of screwups.
That possibility is with whom ever is filling them in.
There is a place for them for sure! Take people that are not computer savvy, or those that are not fluent in English?
To each their own.
I’m one that is glad I had their assistance.

dlramos08

Star Member
Apr 26, 2023
Manila, Philippines
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
"Most" have received pre-arrival already? How many do you know to come up with that generalization? And "some" PPR already. In about 120 posts you have not mentioned the PA's country and you can keep that secret but, all I will say is in reading on this forum every day I don't think I have come across even one applicant from any country who applied in March and has received PPR. Please point to any on this forum where
"Most" have received pre-arrival already? How many do you know to come up with that generalization? And "some" PPR already. In about 120 posts you have not mentioned the PA's country and you can keep that secret but, all I will say is in reading on this forum every day I don't think I have come across even one applicant from any country who applied in March and has received PPR. Please point to any on this forum where that is the case, because it would be a bit surprising.

The posted processing time on the IRCC site for outland spousal applications is 13 months. Until you hit 13 months, you're within the range. What "advice" do you think anyone here can give?

I am returning to edit this post, having seen what @armoured just wrote with an admirable economy of language I failed to display. But, more bluntly, at only 5 months, just chill.
I've seen 3 PPR posts on a Filipino FB group who sent their applications on March 2023. I can share the screenshots.

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
That possibility is with whom ever is filling them in.
There is a place for them for sure! Take people that are not computer savvy, or those that are not fluent in English?
To each their own.
I’m one that is glad I had their assistance.
Yes, I agree it is good for this kind of people. What I wanted to convey is that those who think paying someone would make the application better or faster is wrong as even paid lawyers do make mistakes as well.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
I've seen 3 PPR posts on a Filipino FB group who sent their applications on March 2023. I can share the screenshots.
Yes, please share. The shortest time of which I am personally aware is a Phils applicant from July 2022 who got PPR in May 2023 - 10 months. You say some March applicants have received them, so less than 5 months. Amazing. I wonder why some are so quick?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi All,

Does anyone have a checklist or steps that we can go through while preparing the application. I am following IRCC website but just want to make sure I don't miss anything.
Apart from what has been mentioned I suggest you check it over many times carefully before submitting so you don't get it returned.

AdPaul

Aug 12, 2023
Hey everybody,
Me and my common law partner have applied to spousal sponsorship in 2022.
We are settled in Quebec and she is Canadian citizen.
IRCC has approved our eligibility and my medical exam.
we had back and forth moves on the medical exam they approved it multiple times but the last was in may 2023. They started processing our application in march 2022. When do you believe that they will process the biometrics an the background check ? It’s been 17 month now and we are getting stressed about the time required for this.
Our timeline :
- Mar 2022 application received
- May 2022 invitation for medical exam
- May 2022 invitation to send biometrics
- May 2022 invitation to pre arrival services
- June 2022 biometrics and medical exam received
- Jul 2022 CSQ received
- Jan 2023 medical exam complete
- May 2023 medical exam updated to complete

UDON55fai

Feb 12, 2021
It's been about a year now when I initially applied to sponsor my wife and her son via the family class in Canada angle. Had an email in March that our file was in good order and transferred from one agent to another for review. How on earth does it take this long to review the file; when I check online we have checked all the boxes and have not been contacted for further information. Was thinking about filling out the webform, but not sure if they would take too kind to this. My wife does have a Work Permit and has been working for months now, this is good until Dec. 2024. The inefficiency of the federal govt. boggles my mind.

Reactions: Charbk

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey everybody,
Me and my common law partner have applied to spousal sponsorship in 2022.
We are settled in Quebec and she is Canadian citizen.
IRCC has approved our eligibility and my medical exam.
we had back and forth moves on the medical exam they approved it multiple times but the last was in may 2023. They started processing our application in march 2022. When do you believe that they will process the biometrics an the background check ? It’s been 17 month now and we are getting stressed about the time required for this.
Our timeline :
- Mar 2022 application received
- May 2022 invitation for medical exam
- May 2022 invitation to send biometrics
- May 2022 invitation to pre arrival services
- June 2022 biometrics and medical exam received
- Jul 2022 CSQ received
- Jan 2023 medical exam complete
- May 2023 medical exam updated to complete
The Quebec government has unfortunately put annual caps in place for family sponsorship which is specifically slowing down application processing for Quebec. Right now the estimated processing for Quebec spousal sponsorship applications is 25 months. So that gives you an idea of how much longer you are likely waiting.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The Quebec government has unfortunately put annual caps in place for family sponsorship which is specifically slowing down application processing for Quebec. Right now the estimated processing for Quebec spousal sponsorship applications is 25 months. So that gives you an idea of how much longer you are likely waiting.
About which: complain to your MNA (member of the national assembly), i.e. your deputy in quebec parliament.

Reactions: scylla

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It's been about a year now when I initially applied to sponsor my wife and her son via the family class in Canada angle. Had an email in March that our file was in good order and transferred from one agent to another for review. How on earth does it take this long to review the file; when I check online we have checked all the boxes and have not been contacted for further information. Was thinking about filling out the webform, but not sure if they would take too kind to this. My wife does have a Work Permit and has been working for months now, this is good until Dec. 2024. The inefficiency of the federal govt. boggles my mind.
Quebec file?

alinawazahmed

Apr 24, 2019
Hi guys,
Submitted PR application for my wife inside canada on 16th june 2023. And its been 53 days and haven't got AOR letter yet. Any idea how much time do they take to open our application and send AOR letter?

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
About which: complain to your MNA (member of the national assembly), i.e. your deputy in quebec parliament.
That's actually may be an option. Especially in districts where CAQ has a marginal win or have lost a bit; they will probably be eager to improve their stance. Just IMO...

And a recent news on the subject. Nothing extraordinary, but it's good to see that the problem is on the agenda.

New federal immigration minister pressures Quebec to increase family reunification capacity
https://globalnews.ca/news/9891066/new-federal-immigration-minister-pressures-quebec-to-increase-family-reunification-capacity/

Sadly this probably won't have any immediate effect, but a glimpse of hope.

Reactions: armoured