+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

NY81

Apr 27, 2023
We have been stuck on the Principal Applicant's Eligibility/Background for the last 3+ months. Following the May 26th announcement, we decided to file a Dual Intent TRV application on June 26th. It's been about 3 weeks with no news on the TRV.

It's just a matter of patience, at this point.

Outland (Online) - DIY
PA
: Iranian Citizen
Sponsor: Canadian Citizen
VO: Ankara, Turkey

January 28, 2023 - Submitted
March 17, 2023 - AOR (UCI/App. #)
March 22, 2023 - Biometrics Req. (BIO)
March 23, 2023 - Medical Req. (MED)
March 23, 2023 - Sponsor Approval (SA)
March 23, 2023 - File sent to Ankara VO
March 23, 2023 - Sponsor Eligibility
April 3, 2023 - Medical completed (Tehran)
April 4, 2023 - Biometrics completed (Istanbul)
April 5, 2023 - Biometrics passed (GCKey)
April 6, 2023 - Medical passed (GCKey)
April 19, 2023 - Ghost Update (Tracker)
April 19, 2023 - Background ("In Progress" - GCKey)
May 26, 2023 - Ghost Update (Tracker)
May 26, 2023 - Background ("Not Applicable" - GCKey)

Temporary Resident Visa:

May 26, 2023 - IRCC Announcement
June 26, 2023 - Applied for TRV (Dual Intent)
Same situation. My husband is already in Canada on a TRV, applied for his work permit(June 10th). Still nothing for PR or work permit. Processing office for PR is Accra, Ghana

jrahman

Star Member
Sep 13, 2022
I am having issue with my IMM0008 form. before if shows in progress even though I have filled all details and click on complete and return to main page.

and interestingly on last page about dependent it shows below thing. she is my wife and I am PR already. we do not have any kid. can someone please help us with this.

Dependants
You must provide details about each of your family members, whether they will come with you to Canada or not. You must include your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable, and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common-law partner, who are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada.
You must also include details on family members if you don’t know where they are (even those missing or presumed dead). If you don’t list them on your application, you will not be able to sponsor them later if your situation changes.
When prompted, you can add more family members by clicking “Add dependants.” You can also click “Delete” to remove any dependants. If you do not need to add family members, click “No.” Once you are finished, click “Complete and return to application” to save this form and return to the main application page.
information icon
If you want to add or remove a dependent from your application, you must remove them from your profile page
This is for sponsor right? If sponsor then she doesn't need to include your information as you are PR already.

dmmarkazi

Star Member
Feb 17, 2023
Same situation. My husband is already in Canada on a TRV, applied for his work permit(June 10th). Still nothing for PR or work permit. Processing office for PR is Accra, Ghana
How long did it take to get the TRV? Timeline?

Did you mention ties to home?

TravisM

Star Member
Nov 20, 2022
Update to our issues

Called ircc today, they said officers got our email for the things we uploaded June 5th, made notes on our account and are aware of the issues that happened. They will send our document with download instructions next is one of the things on their notes as well.

Wish everyone luck

kaur989

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
This is for sponsor right? If sponsor then she doesn't need to include your information as you are PR already.
It is not allowing to skip adding dependent. If i don't add spouse name then married option under marital status is not coming

yekinney

Jul 19, 2023
Hello everyone! I submitted it on the 9th of June still waiting for AOR. but unfortunately, I submitted a blank checklist. does anyone have an Idea of what I can do?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Im almost wondering if we can just move to Ontario at this point. Do we need to withdraw or it’s okay ? Is it going to impact our application in a negative way ? Are we going to have the 11 month processing time or still be in deep ..dish..

pffff too mad about this nonsense. We got so much from Quebec thus far we really consider other options although are tough to choose. We love it here. We met in here. We fall in love in this province. We created so much here! Is just heartbreaking!
Why not consider moving to New Brunswick?

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Hey Everyone, I have a useful piece of information to share with anyone applying for spousal sponsorship in QUEBEC.

My spousal application timeline is the following:
- 14th November 2022 applied for spousal sponsorship.
Received federal approval and applied for the CSQ in Quebec and received the approval with my CSQ number in February.

Since I haven't received any updates, no medical request, nothing. So I reached out to the London office (which is the one processing my application) and they informed me that they never received update that my CSQ was approved. I thought they would be informed automatically, because nowhere on the letter was it mentioned that I have to inform them myself. It was by total coincidence that i found out that my application wasn't up to date. Anyways, I send them a scanned copy of my approval letter and they updated my file.

I don't know if this is the reason why since February my application hasn't moved and why i still haven't received my medical request...

Anyways, I wanted to inform you all, in case this information can be useful to anyone.
This made me call IRCC and to my dismay they indeed didn`t receive the CSQ issued in late March. I thought this to be mostly urban legends or occasional mistakes. However, now I must agree that this is a legitimate concern. Sent a webform attaching CSQs and will certainly call again in a week to verify it was received.

I don`t understand why all this hassle the IRCC puts on itself. If only at least one of multiple client facing systems they have (PR tracker, PR portal, ECAS, GCKey and god knows what else is there) was transparent in terms of what`s going on with the application they could have easily shaved off half of unnecessary calls, gcms notes requests etc....

mrsalehi

Jun 23, 2021
Hello everyone
I just submitted my spouse application I have a question , can I apply for visitor visa for her ? Do IRCC issue visitor visa ? And it is better to wait for AOR or I can apply for that now

Thanks

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Hello everyone
I just submitted my spouse application I have a question , can I apply for visitor visa for her ? Do IRCC issue visitor visa ? And it is better to wait for AOR or I can apply for that now

Thanks
Read these two threads:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/trv-for-spouse-and-dependant.803609/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/new-trv-measures-from-ircc-for-spouses-having-sponsorship-application.803791/

mrsalehi

Jun 23, 2021
We have been stuck on the Principal Applicant's Eligibility/Background for the last 3+ months. Following the May 26th announcement, we decided to file a Dual Intent TRV application on June 26th. It's been about 3 weeks with no news on the TRV.

It's just a matter of patience, at this point.

Outland (Online) - DIY
PA
: Iranian Citizen
Sponsor: Canadian Citizen
VO: Ankara, Turkey

January 28, 2023 - Submitted
March 17, 2023 - AOR (UCI/App. #)
March 22, 2023 - Biometrics Req. (BIO)
March 23, 2023 - Medical Req. (MED)
March 23, 2023 - Sponsor Approval (SA)
March 23, 2023 - File sent to Ankara VO
March 23, 2023 - Sponsor Eligibility
April 3, 2023 - Medical completed (Tehran)
April 4, 2023 - Biometrics completed (Istanbul)
April 5, 2023 - Biometrics passed (GCKey)
April 6, 2023 - Medical passed (GCKey)
April 19, 2023 - Ghost Update (Tracker)
April 19, 2023 - Background ("In Progress" - GCKey)
May 26, 2023 - Ghost Update (Tracker)
May 26, 2023 - Background ("Not Applicable" - GCKey)

Temporary Resident Visa:

May 26, 2023 - IRCC Announcement
June 26, 2023 - Applied for TRV (Dual Intent)
Hello
Sorry i have questions
Did you get TRV ? And how long did you wait for that? Do I have to submit any special documents?

dmmarkazi

Star Member
Feb 17, 2023
Hello
Sorry i have questions
Did you get TRV ? And how long did you wait for that? Do I have to submit any special documents?
I haven't heard anything about the TRV application since the application was submitted on June 26th, 2023.

No, just use the new portal. You answer all the questions and it will tell you which documents you need. We had to submit 4 or 5 documents for the TRV. The system automatically linked the TRV application to the PR application on the tracking portal because we entered the PA's UCI and Medical numbers.

dmmarkazi

Star Member
Feb 17, 2023
Hello everyone

Thanks
Wait about 50 days to get AOR.

You can apply for TRV now but it will be a lot easier to wait for AOR and refer to your PR application in your TRV invitation letter.