+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

gul miraj

Jun 13, 2023
hi guys, i applied for pr under family class spousal sponsorship, my background check shows in progress since 2 months days although i have recieved the Quebec selection certificate 3 months ago. i posted my application last september and still have no idea. both on gc key and pr portal it is showing in progress. what to do and what to expect, also is there a way to contact the ircc regarding my application?

AJ106

Jul 8, 2021
Hi Friends,

I am PR live in Canada, lived in Canada for 1.5 year, I travelled to India in Feb 2023 and got married currently in India will be travelling to Canada by July 2023, planning to apply PR for my spouse. With some new changes this month to bring family members sooner to Canada . what are my options

Please suggest ?
I should apply for PR and then TRV? How long will it take to get the TRV after i apply for PR ?
Can i apply for TRV before applying PR application to my wife

Appreciate your help

Thanks

ABC_789

Feb 28, 2023
Hello, I submitted the passport almost 2 weeks ago for spousal sponsorship as per PPR request and on the CIC account, I see a counterfoil generated. Does that mean passport is stamped and how much time will it take to get any update?
As for the Passport tracker does not show anything about whether the passport is stamped or not.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello, I submitted the passport almost 2 weeks ago for spousal sponsorship as per PPR request and on the CIC account, I see a counterfoil generated. Does that mean passport is stamped and how much time will it take to get any update?
As for the Passport tracker does not show anything about whether the passport is stamped or not.
Counterfoil = stamp in passport. How long it takes to get from there back to you just depends on local VAC and delivery companies, likely 2-7 days.

psawardekar

Jan 20, 2020
hello Guys, need help! i applied for my wife and daughter under spousal sponsorship.. I received PPR today. but it mentions only y wife's name. no mention of dependent. is that normal or the dependent receives a separate PPR??

asking as the VFS global form for passport pickup asks for uploading PPR !!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
hello Guys, need help! i applied for my wife and daughter under spousal sponsorship.. I received PPR today. but it mentions only y wife's name. no mention of dependent. is that normal or the dependent receives a separate PPR??

asking as the VFS global form for passport pickup asks for uploading PPR !!
Read carefully, the letter will refer to accompanying dependents as well.

No, you don't need a second letter. Seemingly VFS in India still does not understand this, don't know why. You'll have to argue with them.

psawardekar

Jan 20, 2020
Read carefully, the letter will refer to accompanying dependents as well.

No, you don't need a second letter. Seemingly VFS in India still does not understand this, don't know why. You'll have to argue with them.
okay. thanks a lot.. I need to send two different envelopes though.. right??

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
okay. thanks a lot.. I need to send two different envelopes though.. right??
You'll have to work that out with VFS. We did it in a different country. We sent one envelope but had to pay for each person, each file was organized with paperclips. We got it sent back in separate envelopes (one courier trip though).

Hafsahafsa

May 24, 2022
Applied inland April 20 2023, Got returned June 2. Resubmitted June 9.
Do I have to re-wait the full amount of time for AOR again?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Applied inland April 20 2023, Got returned June 2. Resubmitted June 9.
Do I have to re-wait the full amount of time for AOR again?
Yes, the wait / processing times restart from the new submission date.

Reactions: Charbk

Guri rathore

May 11, 2023
Hi everyone, I hope you all are doing good. I would like to ask that my wife’s TRV is going to expire on 30th june and yesterday I received inland sponsorship’s file number and one other document they were asking. My question is can we apply SOWP now and as soon as we apply, would she be able to live in Canada as legal resident ? Or should we wait ircc to give reply back?

cpnraj

Mar 4, 2023
Hi Everyone,
I would appreciate any suggestions regarding the expected timeframe for receiving my Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) after submitting my PR application under inland family sponsorship on May 4th, 2023. I've also heard about an Excel sheet where I can track important dates like my PR application submission and AOR with others who have already submitted in similar time frame. Additionally, I would like to know if it's possible to temporarily leave Canada after receiving my AOR. Currently, I'm on a visitor visa, and I'm wondering if I can engage in volunteer work or other activities to help me grow during my stay here.

Last edited:

jrahman

Star Member
Sep 13, 2022
Hi Everyone,
I would appreciate any suggestions regarding the expected timeframe for receiving my Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) after submitting my PR application under inland family sponsorship on May 4th, 2023. I've also heard about an Excel sheet where I can track important dates like my PR application submission and AOR with others who have already submitted in similar time frame. Additionally, I would like to know if it's possible to temporarily leave Canada after receiving my AOR. Currently, I'm on a visitor visa, and I'm wondering if I can engage in volunteer work or other activities to help me grow during my stay here.
The best place to track processing time is the official website of IRCC which you can find here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html but there also an app called ImmiTrack ( download links from https://immitrack.ca/ ) that syncs processing time based on your application type and tells you how many days left on your application. Hope this will help

Tindee

May 8, 2022
Good morning, thanks for the information here. We have a PR application ongoing, i gave birth 2 weeks ago and my husband is a canadian citizen. I contacted my VO which is Accra but was told to contact Sydney office. Can the child be sponsored or we will have to get certificate of citizenship. Anyone that has gone through this should please help out.