+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Bruzman

May 16, 2023
Hi Guys,

I would like to ask for your help, once again for my son and his wife.
My son is a Canadian Citizen and currently he is studying in a universitry in Toronto, Canada. He got married, and his wife from Pakistan is also a student in a university in Pakistan. We are now applying for the sponsoryship of his spouse through the "Family class". the challenge is that my Son is a student and he has been living with us in our house and we are managing almost all of his expenses. I am aware that for the spouse sponsorship, there is no requirement of Income. please confirm and if needed to proof, and if required we as parents can sign the the gurrantee to support his wife in Canada for 03 years.

Let me know your valuable support as always,

Best regards,

Maroof
You don't need proof of income. I sponsored my spouse when I was a full-time student with zero income

Reactions: T0pubo and Charbk

Navreetk

Aug 20, 2021
Actually, there is a possibility to submit forms for someone (applicant still has to sign all the forms). To do so, a representative should be named and IMM5476 submitted along the application.

Since you are living together in NZ and you are PR, you can apply for a standard tourist visa only.

You can invite him to visit Canada with you during vacations, as an example. Be sure to provide strong proofs that he will be coming back to NZ. But he isn't a citizen of NZ? That makes it more complicated but if strong ties to NZ are shown then there should be no problem.

Don't forget to mention previous refusal - this is a must; you will end up with big and unnecessary problems withholding this information. Many people on this forum made such mistake hiding or simply forgetting about previous refusals and got 5 years ban for misrepresentation.

If you are planning to sponsor him, you have to return to Canada first.
Also, i want to ask one more thing. While filling out the application, it asks will your spouse accompany you to Canada? Just confused if it should be yes or no since the application is all about his visitor visa.

Apr 12, 2023
Would someone shed some light on how to proceed with someone’s spousal PR for Canada, given the husband is a Canadian Citizen & wife is an Indian citizen who needs to get sponsored by her husband. Please share the timelines and full process for the same. Also, the wife is an MBBS professional from India.

Reactions: T0pubo
Apr 12, 2023
What is the easiest and shortest way of getting your spousal PR visa approved, given the wife is a Canadian PR and husband needs to be sponsored by her? Please share the timelines and the complete process details.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Would someone shed some light on how to proceed with someone’s spousal PR for Canada, given the husband is a Canadian Citizen & wife is an Indian citizen who needs to get sponsored by her husband. Please share the timelines and full process for the same. Also, the wife is an MBBS professional from India.
The wife's profession is irrelevant.

The process to follow is here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children.html

Processing times are approximately 16 months.

Reactions: T0pubo and Charbk

waddup

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
What is the easiest and shortest way of getting your spousal PR visa approved, given the wife is a Canadian PR and husband needs to be sponsored by her? Please share the timelines and the complete process details.
There is no shortcuts but to follow the process. Make sure you complete all documents with enough proof and checklist, once you receive AOR you can apply for visitor Visa which will take 30 days and as per recent statements has high approval rate. Spouse visitor visa will also be getting owp after 7 June.

kspcyd

Jun 2, 2023
hi, just wanted to know, its okay to apply spouse out land sponsorship.
if passport expire after two month and for France should i do, upfront medical check although didn't specify on regional guide.

kspcyd

Jun 2, 2023
Hi Guys,

I would like to ask for your help, once again for my son and his wife.
My son is a Canadian Citizen and currently he is studying in a universitry in Toronto, Canada. He got married, and his wife from Pakistan is also a student in a university in Pakistan. We are now applying for the sponsoryship of his spouse through the "Family class". the challenge is that my Son is a student and he has been living with us in our house and we are managing almost all of his expenses. I am aware that for the spouse sponsorship, there is no requirement of Income. please confirm and if needed to proof, and if required we as parents can sign the the gurrantee to support his wife in Canada for 03 years.

Let me know your valuable support as always,

Best regards,

Maroof

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hi, when you file application, you can sign as co signer, basically you can take responsibility with him
No. Spousal sponsorship applications cannot have co-signers.

Reactions: armoured

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi everyone. Does CIC accepts Medical Exam done from TRV application, for Spousal PR applications?
I know cic website explicitly says that UPFRONT MEDICALS are not accepted for Spousal PR. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html#when

Hence wondering, if anyone in this thread used a Medical Exam report from a different Visa application --->
for Spousal PR application? ........ And was it accepted...rejected?

Is it an entirely different exam for female Spousal PR applicants Vs. female TRV applicants?

Reactions: T0pubo

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Hi all,

My outland spousal sponsorship application is stuck since April 2023, last we received is pre-arrival information and no PPR yet. It is been almost 8 months now since the application submitted date.

According to current processing times it might take over a year for an answer, so can I apply for visiting visa for my spouse now and convert her application to in-land once she lands in Canada?

Please advise

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
According to current processing times it might take over a year for an answer, so can I apply for visiting visa for my spouse now and convert her application to in-land once she lands in Canada?
She can apply for a TRV, yes. There is no way to 'convert' it to inland, but she can advise of change of address and land virtually. Under new announced procedures it's possible may be eligible for work permit, but not much clarity on how that works.

To become an inland app she'd have to withdraw and reapply. Since the only significant difference is the work permit (possibility), probably not worth it. YMMV.

Ritual reminder that being here on a trv does not incorporate health insurance.

Reactions: Charbk

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,

My outland spousal sponsorship application is stuck since April 2023, last we received is pre-arrival information and no PPR yet. It is been almost 8 months now since the application submitted date.

Please advise
- Current processing times for outland applications is 16 months. The pre-arrival is received quite early in the process.
- Yes, you can apply for a TRV for your spouse to visit Canada.
- No, the outland application cannot be converted to an inland application. However your spouse can certainly be in Canada while the application is processed outland.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi all,

Please advise
You have got Pre-Arrival, which means you may have already got AOR and Sponsorship approval. Sometimes, pre-arrival comes early in the process. But those are 2 critical pieces that help when you apply for TRV. So if you got those - go ahead apply for TRV. I guess you must have done Biometrics and Medicals already. So its going to be a quicker process for you.

Last edited: