+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,
I am planning to apply for a Spousal application for my Wife. In-land, as we moved to Canada recently and she is on her visitor visa.
Can she travel while her PR application is in the process? (We frequently travel to the US as well to visit family & friends during summer)
Not recommended, but a short trip (maybe a week or two) is probably not a big issue. The problem would be if she is denied re-entry into Canada, because Inland applicants must be in Canada during the process.

Does she have a multiple entry visa?

ABC_789

Feb 28, 2023
Hey, I have got the PPR doc and they have asked to submit passport, photograph, and other doc in package.
1. Is there any package specifiation? There isn't anything mentioned in the letter.
2. They said to pay RRPF fee if not paid. I already paid when I was submitting the application. Should I ask my wife to carry it just in case.

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received an email from IRCC
Outbound PA: India
Sponsor : Canadian Resident
Submitted: April 11th 2023
Received email from IRCC : May 24th 2023 WHICH STATE BELOWV
This refers to the application you submitted to sponsor your spouse, common-law partner or
conjugal partner and the associated application for a permanent resident visa.
Please note your application has been rejected for the following reason:
Country Specific Requirements
You may need to submit extra forms based on where the person you’re sponsoring lives.
When you visit the application package page on the IRCC website, you’ll select a country or territory to get country-specific instructions for documents such as: IMM 5562 Supplementary Information – Your Travels
You’ll find country specific requirements on the application package page.
do I need to submit full application or do I need to only submit missing form on my original submission
Your response will be greatly appreciated

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
This refers to the application you submitted to sponsor your spouse, common-law partner or
You may need to submit extra forms based on where the person you’re sponsoring lives.
When you visit the application package page on the IRCC website, you’ll select a country or territory to get country-specific instructions for documents such as: IMM 5562 Supplementary Information – Your Travels
do I need to submit full application or do I need to only submit missing form on my original submission
IRCC can either return/reject an application due to missing documents or issue aditina documents request. If rejected, then you have to start from the beginning.
Make sure that all signatures are still valid (ircc requires that signatures are not older than 90 days old at the time of the aor). It might be wise to sign and date again.

An do yourself a favor, follow closely the checklist that you submit along the application not to end up in this situation again. The checklist requires you to get supplemental country specific documents, which includes travel history for your PA’s country.

Reactions: am4u2ster

Suryarao611

Sep 23, 2020
Received SA but no VO was specified and the PDF has CPC - Sydney. Will my application be processed within Canada or will it be transferred to PA's residing country i.e. NDVO?

notagoodlawyer

May 30, 2023
My timeline:

Spousal Sponsorship (outland)

PA : Pakistan
Applied date : 20 March 23
AOR : 17 May 23
Sponsor approval : 18 May 23

Biometrics letter : 19 May 23
Biometrics confirmed: 29 May 23

Medical : waiting

how long after my AOR should I be expecting the medical letter?

NY81

Apr 27, 2023
My timeline:

Spousal Sponsorship (outland)

PA : Pakistan
Applied date : 20 March 23
AOR : 17 May 23
Sponsor approval : 18 May 23

Biometrics letter : 19 May 23
Biometrics confirmed: 29 May 23

Medical : waiting

how long after my AOR should I be expecting the medical letter?
Same situation as me, no medicals request yet

patelkrish

Oct 30, 2017
My spouse's PR application based on family class returned due to missing signature on Representative form. What should be the next step? It's still showing submitted in the PR application portal but I got an email regarding the application return.

royalbattle

Apr 13, 2023
Isn't the IMM 5562 form now part of the digital online forms that are mandatory to be submitted with your application, when you are submitting through IRCC portal. How were you able to submit the application without filling up that form?

mvk88

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
Isn't the IMM 5562 form now part of the digital online forms that are mandatory to be submitted with your application, when you are submitting through IRCC portal. How were you able to submit the application without filling up that form?
It's not mandatory unless you have travel history IMM5562 is a travel history form. You can submit your application without filling out that part. But if you have travel history you must fill that form out.

Navreetk

Aug 20, 2021
Hello Everyone

Need some advice.
I am PR of Canada and my husband is a resident of New Zealand. Currently, I am living with my husband in New Zealand on visitor visa. I want to apply for my husband's canada visitor visa. I am just confused if i should select unite with family or simply visit or tourist category. Also, in the past about 6 years back my husband got canada study visa refusal.
If I go for unite with family what should i mention in the invitation letter and the application also ask for present address of spouse. I am not in Canada at the moment so which address should i fill.
Please reply.

Charbk

Star Member
Feb 11, 2023
Category........
FSW
Hello Everyone

Need some advice.
I am PR of Canada and my husband is a resident of New Zealand. Currently, I am living with my husband in New Zealand on visitor visa. I want to apply for my husband's canada visitor visa. I am just confused if i should select unite with family or simply visit or tourist category. Also, in the past about 6 years back my husband got canada study visa refusal.
If I go for unite with family what should i mention in the invitation letter and the application also ask for present address of spouse. I am not in Canada at the moment so which address should i fill.
Please reply.
You can’t apply for him. It’s him that has to apply. He can include an invitation letter from you to upload to the application. You applying for him would be misrepresentation. It’s a TRV that he would need to visit. And yes in the application it does ask if you have ever attempted to come to Canada before so yes he has to mention the previous refusal.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Actually, there is a possibility to submit forms for someone (applicant still has to sign all the forms). To do so, a representative should be named and IMM5476 submitted along the application.

Hello Everyone

Need some advice.
Please reply.
Since you are living together in NZ and you are PR, you can apply for a standard tourist visa only.

You can invite him to visit Canada with you during vacations, as an example. Be sure to provide strong proofs that he will be coming back to NZ. But he isn't a citizen of NZ? That makes it more complicated but if strong ties to NZ are shown then there should be no problem.

Don't forget to mention previous refusal - this is a must; you will end up with big and unnecessary problems withholding this information. Many people on this forum made such mistake hiding or simply forgetting about previous refusals and got 5 years ban for misrepresentation.

If you are planning to sponsor him, you have to return to Canada first.

Reactions: T0pubo and Navreetk