+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
Hi. I’m sponsoring my common law partner and we’re confused on whose name to fill out on the IMM0008. Is it my name or the person I am sponsoring?
The person you are sponsoring. IRCC has a step-by-step instruction guide on how to fill out every question. I would recommend you follow that!

Reactions: Charbk

krisIndian

May 24, 2021
Exactly!! You calling them daily makes it worse for everyone else ! The moment you got AOR, no need to worry. if you didn’t lie when filling up the application and fall under typical immigrant category you’ll get PR with no issue !
Oh yeah.. thats true….

krisIndian

May 24, 2021
It's like people calling to get a temporary file number that's meaningless. You can't do anything with it, and all it does is create delays for people who have a genuine need to contact IRCC.
Lying, leaving out relevant information because you feel embarrassed or don't want to offend a relative, or providing fake documents seem to cause the majority of delays or problems. Just my observation..
Good observation..

mahbubeh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
Hello everyone,

I would like to request GCMS notes from IRCC. However, I am not sure how to request it because I did not get response on my previous request. Please advise on the questions below if you have successfully applied and received GCMS notes:

1- should I apply under privacy act or access information act?
2- should I pay $5 fee or not?
3-can PA (living outside Canada) apply or some else should apply on his behalf because he is no living in Canada?
4- can I apply online?
I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you

Reactions: Adylene

maroof123

Sep 4, 2016
Hi Guys,

I would like to ask for your help, once again for my son and his wife.
My son is a Canadian Citizen and currently he is studying in a universitry in Toronto, Canada. He got married, and his wife from Pakistan is also a student in a university in Pakistan. We are now applying for the sponsoryship of his spouse through the "Family class". the challenge is that my Son is a student and he has been living with us in our house and we are managing almost all of his expenses. I am aware that for the spouse sponsorship, there is no requirement of Income. please confirm and if needed to proof, and if required we as parents can sign the the gurrantee to support his wife in Canada for 03 years.

Let me know your valuable support as always,

Best regards,

Maroof

anagha27

Jan 19, 2022
Hi all,

Filling out IMM 5532 and I have a doubt about how to sign this form. All the guidelines on the portal say that we have to sign it digitally, but my immigration consultant in Canada has recommended hand-signing it and scanning the same.

1. Can someone who has submitted recently and received an AOR tell me how they signed 5532?
2. If you have hand-signed it, can you tell me if you scanned the entire form or just those particular pages with hand-signs (and added them to the digital form)?

Would be really grateful for any clarity on this! Thanks!

Charbk

Star Member
Feb 11, 2023
Category........
FSW
Hi all,

Filling out IMM 5532 and I have a doubt about how to sign this form. All the guidelines on the portal say that we have to sign it digitally, but my immigration consultant in Canada has recommended hand-signing it and scanning the same.

1. Can someone who has submitted recently and received an AOR tell me how they signed 5532?
2. If you have hand-signed it, can you tell me if you scanned the entire form or just those particular pages with hand-signs (and added them to the digital form)?

Everything is signed electronically. Save by clicking print to pdf and you should be able to sign it electronically via Adobe. I received AOR March 23. Everyone has been signing their forms digitally for awhile now since everything is online

Reactions: Kaibigan

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Hi all,

Charbk is right.

It sounds like your immigration consultant is living in the dark ages.

When we filed in November 2022, everything being online had only been in place since late September and there was more uncertainty surrounding some of these issues. We signed some forms (I think 5532 was one of them) using both methods. What we signed by hand we scanned and just scanned the pages with the signatures, not the whole document.

Navjot sidhu

Nov 22, 2020
Hi all
Please reply if anyone
Have any clue about this

my brother in law is a police officer in India and his wife (my sister ) applied for his PR SPOUSAL file.. we have been asked to submit few docs again … we did that
My question he didn’t resigned from his job (govt job) and do this will impact on final decision of the application
Our file is may 2022
Aor aug 2022
Med dec 2022
Biometric dec 2022

pre arrival janaury 2023

after that 2 ADR and nothing after submission of docs in march 2023

anyone who is in govt job still working have any clue please reply to my query

bcz I may feel may he is still serving another country will effect the last step of application ??

file is in OTTAWA VO

Reactions: Esty4Ademi

zoh7009

Star Member
Oct 27, 2018
Hello All,
I am planning to apply for a Spousal application for my Wife. In-land, as we moved to Canada recently and she is on her visitor visa.
Can she travel while her PR application is in the process? (We frequently travel to the US as well to visit family & friends during summer)

RavJas

Jun 2, 2021
Hi all
Please reply if anyone
Have any clue about this

my brother in law is a police officer in India and his wife (my sister ) applied for his PR SPOUSAL file.. we have been asked to submit few docs again … we did that
My question he didn’t resigned from his job (govt job) and do this will impact on final decision of the application
Our file is may 2022
Aor aug 2022
Med dec 2022
Biometric dec 2022

pre arrival janaury 2023

after that 2 ADR and nothing after submission of docs in march 2023

anyone who is in govt job still working have any clue please reply to my query

bcz I may feel may he is still serving another country will effect the last step of application ??

file is in OTTAWA VO
Hey Navjot, was that form for his duties and all if so yes the asked us as well. My husband is PA also in Punjab police. Application Submitted date JUne 01,2022, OTTAWA

Temidayo_

Dec 3, 2019
Hi Guys,

I would like to ask for your help, once again for my son and his wife.
My son is a Canadian Citizen and currently he is studying in a universitry in Toronto, Canada. He got married, and his wife from Pakistan is also a student in a university in Pakistan. We are now applying for the sponsoryship of his spouse through the "Family class". the challenge is that my Son is a student and he has been living with us in our house and we are managing almost all of his expenses. I am aware that for the spouse sponsorship, there is no requirement of Income. please confirm and if needed to proof, and if required we as parents can sign the the gurrantee to support his wife in Canada for 03 years.

Let me know your valuable support as always,

Best regards,

Maroof
I have seen quite a number of people who sponsored their spouses while being unemployed and fully dependent on their parent. They just had to provide strong documents to show that the parents are capable of taking care of both of them till they can able to stand on their own two feet. I will try to look for the thread and share here.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/unemployed-canadian-sponsoring-american-spouse-both-unemployed.596367/

ABC_789

Feb 28, 2023
Hello, I received "information letter" in my CIC account for spousal sponsorship, asking to submit passport in next 30 days...is that whats called PPR and does is mean PR is approved?

Last edited:
Reactions: T0pubo