+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Mikey Jr.

Apr 23, 2023
I didn’t have a return ticket for her, but we were also in a lot of co-vid stuff then also. Flew in through Amsterdam, and they shut down again the next day.
Nothing was asked here at all, but like mentioned, it’s all a guess
When she came to Canada for the first time, literally no one talked to her. She just scanned her passport and that was it. She was through lol. This was back in August of last year. But she did have a return ticket.

So yeah, I dunno. Screw it. I don't need the stress lol.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I think I'll just take the hit and buy a return ticket. Yeah, i'll be out like a thousand bucks, but I guess thats the cost of this whole thing. I would rather be safe than sorry.
Personally I think return tickets play a minimal role in the days of internet travel. Does she have a USA or EU visa? Just say she's travelling onward. Or buying a ticket later by internet for flexiiblity anyway.

Reactions: Mikey Jr.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
When she came to Canada for the first time, literally no one talked to her. She just scanned her passport and that was it. She was through lol. This was back in August of last year. But she did have a return ticket.
The fact that she already visited once and left with no issue, and got a long-tenor visa, means chances of issues on subsequent visits are low.

sonusweetie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
My spouse is currently on closed WP through his employer and we are in the process of applying for his spousal PR (inland). I understand that he can apply for SCLPC OWP after getting AOR - How long does it take after the OWP is approved to get the OWP stamped on the passport? Also, is it true that once he applies for the Spousal OWP, he cannot travel outside Canada until the OWP is approved? His current closed WP expires in Nov and we have to travel overseas, so trying to figure the best timing to make sure he doesn't get stuck anywhere.

hoangnguyen864

Star Member
Apr 21, 2023
ircc online application. husband and wife storm front. wife in canada. husband in Vietnam. How long is the application processing time? let me ask

porkfloss

Apr 23, 2023
Hi Everyone
My wife and I are planning to move back to Canada in November this year. Originally we were going for the inland application, however we are now thinking about switching to outland.
Does anyone know if we have to wait until the application is completed to enter Canada? Or is she allowed to enter with a visitor visa while the application is still in progress? Thanks!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi Everyone
My wife and I are planning to move back to Canada in November this year. Originally we were going for the inland application, however we are now thinking about switching to outland.
Does anyone know if we have to wait until the application is completed to enter Canada? Or is she allowed to enter with a visitor visa while the application is still in progress? Thanks!
If she has a visa, she can enter. If asked at border she should emphasize it's a visit even if PR is in progress.

porkfloss

Apr 23, 2023
  • If she has a visa, she can enter. If asked at border she should emphasize it's a visit even if PR is in progress.
    ok understood, if even if actual intention is to stay, should just say it is for short visit. But should we update the address in our outland application? Just so in case they need to contact us for maybe biometric, medical and etc?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

• ok understood, if even if actual intention is to stay, should just say it is for short visit. But should we update the address in our outland application? Just so in case they need to contact us for maybe biometric, medical and etc?
Once in Canada, update her address.

HTS_QC

Dec 4, 2022
I have just submitted my application and realised that I have made a tiny mistake, in form 5532 in order to sign it I have used Firefox and then 'saved as PDF', but I did not 'print to PDF'. So the file is not 'locked'.

What are the chances of the application being returned or delayed?

Last edited:

Deividas

Star Member
Apr 3, 2023
Hey, is there any difference in which section we submit additional documents ? I've already maxed out Document name : "Document Checklist" and "Proof of Relationship to Sponsor" and now just adding everything under "Other" but still have quite a few more things to upload to finalize the requirements of IMM 5589.