+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
I am filling out Form 1344e and when I validate the form, it keeps saying that I need to fill in co-signer information. But I am sponsoring my wife so I have no co-signer. May anyone advise how should I do?
Try reselecting "No" for the question 3 of part 1. Assuming you are using up-to-date version of Adobe Reader to fill this out, should be no problem validating the form.

Reactions: TaiPo Tiger

HTS_QC

Dec 4, 2022
Hi,

Both myself and my Canadian partner are living abroad. My partner is definitely moving back to Canada (we have email proof to the employer and one-way flight ticket). We can submit the application next week (outland), but unsure if better to wait because:

1. I am due to get a new passport in 3 weeks
  2. My Canadian partner is moving back to Canada in 1 month
  3. I am moving either to Canada in 2 months (or move back to my country of Citizenship if they don't let me in with dual intent). The initial plan was to wait and see if they let me in and do inland, but given the strikes, we decided it is safer to do outland.
Am I better to submit next week and send the 3 updates above via webform? Or am I better to wait to submit the application until I have done point 1, 2 and 3 or some of them to not confuse IRCC?

I know that IRCC are not very good at checking the webforms, is it a good idea to also email my VAC to let them know of the updates?

I assume I will receive the AOR in 2 months, do I need to wait for AOR to submit a webform with the updates listed above? Or should I do this as soon as the changes happen?

I am also concerned about bringing the new passport to do the biometrics and medicals, but IRCC will still have not logged my new passport number on their system and this will mess things up? Sorry, seems quite negative but I don't have much faith in IRCC admin process...

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Hi,

Both myself and my Canadian partner are living abroad. My partner is definitely moving back to Canada (we have email proof to the employer and one-way flight ticket). We can submit the application next week (outland), but unsure if better to wait because:

1. I am due to get a new passport in 3 weeks
  2. My Canadian partner is moving back to Canada in 1 month
  3. I am moving either to Canada in 2 months (or move back to my country of Citizenship if they don't let me in with dual intent). The initial plan was to wait and see if they let me in and do inland, but given the strikes, we decided it is safer to do outland.
Am I better to submit next week and send the 3 updates above via webform? Or am I better to wait to submit the application until I have done point 1, 2 and 3 or some of them to not confuse IRCC?

I know that IRCC are not very good at checking the webforms, is it a good idea to also email my VAC to let them know of the updates?

I assume I will receive the AOR in 2 months, do I need to wait for AOR to submit a webform with the updates listed above? Or should I do this as soon as the changes happen?

I am also concerned about bringing the new passport to do the biometrics and medicals, but IRCC will still have not logged my new passport number on their system and this will mess things up? Sorry, seems quite negative but I don't have much faith in IRCC admin process...
1. getting new passport is good but doesn’t really matter for the purpose of submitting your application. You can apply even without passport but will be needing one for visa.
2/3. IMO if you have the ability to enter Canada (either you have trv or you are visa exempt) then you will have no issues to apply inland. Strikes if they happen rarely go for a considerable amount of time to greatly affect the processing time. Any specific reason you think it is safer to apply outland?

Applying inland gives you a generally faster processing and ability at certain point to get open work permit. if you apply Outland you won’t be able to convert Outland to inland if you choose to.

Last edited:

mos6141

Dec 11, 2022
Hi, Currently preparing files for outland spousal sponsorship for my wife. I have a couple of questions

1. Is there a time limit between when you start an application on the online portal and when you submit?
2. How long are signatures valid for? example if i sign some of the digital or pdf form in January and still haven't submitted my application as of today (April 15) is that an issue?
3. Am i allowed to upload documents to my spouses application portal?

Last edited:

HTS_QC

Dec 4, 2022
2/3. IMO if you have the ability to enter Canada (either you have trv or you are visa exempt) then you will have no issues to apply inland. Strikes if they happen rarely go for a considerable amount of time to greatly affect the processing time. Any specific reason you think it is safer to apply outland?
I was already under stress due to the fact that if I need to leave the country during inland process, I might be refused entry and my application is gone. And now if these strikes go ahead, I would rather have the freedom of movement. I am taking a 1+ year career break anyway so OWP is not a necessity for me. Plus I am ready now to submit outland, whereas it will take me 3 months to be ready to submit inland.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I was already under stress due to the fact that if I need to leave the country during inland process, I might be refused entry and my application is gone. And now if these strikes go ahead, I would rather have the freedom of movement. I am taking a 1+ year career break anyway so OWP is not a necessity for me. Plus I am ready now to submit outland, whereas it will take me 3 months to be ready to submit inland.
-You changing your passport is zero problem, should not cause any delays or issues. It's a routine matter.
-There is a minor/modest benefit to applying after a citizen-spouse returns (avoids any evaluation of 'intent to return' at IRCC). But if your spouse writes in the application intent to return specific plans (place to live , job offer) and THEN udpates IRCC has returned to Canada with some proof of that, they should get it before AOR.

In other words, I think it's a guessing game which would be better. I'd be inclined to just apply when you are ready, wherever your spouse may be, and then update later via webform.

Reactions: HTS_QC

HTS_QC

Dec 4, 2022
-You changing your passport is zero problem, should not cause any delays or issues. It's a routine matter.
Ok, I think we will submit the application this week. I can imagine showing up to give biometrics and medicals having the new passport that does not match what shown on the biometric/medicals invitation letter and that will cause issues. but maybe I need to have more faith in IRCC.

-There is a minor/modest benefit to applying after a citizen-spouse returns (avoids any evaluation of 'intent to return' at IRCC). But if your spouse writes in the application intent to return specific plans (place to live , job offer) and THEN udpates IRCC has returned to Canada with some proof of that, they should get it before AOR.
So I will update IRCC via webform before receiving AOR? Will I be given an application reference code before receiving AOR so that I can refer to that when submitting the webform before receiving AOR? Otherwise I can see my webform message getting lost, but again maybe I need to have more faith in IRCC.

ABWAQAR

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
@all_Hello.
Do I need to translate WhatsApp messages into English to show them as proof of communication with my spouse?
Thank you!

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Ok, I think we will submit the application this week. I can imagine showing up to give biometrics and medicals having the new passport that does not match what shown on the biometric/medicals invitation letter and that will cause issues. but maybe I need to have more faith in IRCC.

So I will update IRCC via webform before receiving AOR? Will I be given an application reference code before receiving AOR so that I can refer to that when submitting the webform before receiving AOR? Otherwise I can see my webform message getting lost, but again maybe I need to have more faith in IRCC.
There is no passport reference on biometrics letter neither there is one on medical invitation letter. There is address, name, place and date of birth, uci and application number.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Don't recall what are on these forms, doesn't matter, just inform that new passport. They'll go by name/DOB match anyway.

Yes, have more faith. If you provide the basic/key data on the app, they'll match it - may take a bit longer but not that big a deal. Generally you'll get a 'fixed' file number from the AOR.

If either of you have had interactions with IRCC before (eg ETA or visa of any kind), you'll have a UCI# and that will help them match it.

Ny0722

Star Member
Sep 16, 2018
Hi :) Quick question, If PR tracker shows "COMPLETED" for everything, and PA got Pre Arrival Services, is that a good sign? How long usually is the PPR?

Thanks everyone!