+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Home_13579

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
I often see people talking about "F12" trick on this forum. Could someone advise what it means? What's it used for?

Thank you.

Gauti_2023

Mar 10, 2023
Hello all,can someone tell where to specify sponsor's email.Is it mandatory to specify sponsor email or Spouse PR portal account email is enough for all communication

Fhn2023

Star Member
Jan 8, 2023
Saudi Arabia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
29-12-2022
Doc's Request.
01-03-2023
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
File Transfer...
06-03-2023
Med's Request
06-06-2023
Med's Done....
15-06-2023
Passport Req..
08-09-2023
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2023
Hello all,can someone tell where to specify sponsor's email.Is it mandatory to specify sponsor email or Spouse PR portal account email is enough for all communication
Sposnor email and address should be mentioned in imm 1344. Aor and Sponsor Approval is sent to Sponsor email

Nunavut28

Star Member
Nov 1, 2021
Good evening folks, do u have any idea what’s the next process after medical and biometric is completed. Do we have any idea how long is gonna take

karenkaren88

Apr 10, 2018
So sorry if I'm posting in the wrong thread. Please anyone any advice or insights I would so appreciate it!!! I'm panicking and not sure what to do.

My husband (Canadian citizen) and I have just submitted a spousal sponsorship application. In 2015 I was approved for a study permit but a couple of months later I stopped my studies (never informed the school) and left Canada. Im from a visa-exempt country and only needed an ETA to reenter BUT when reentering on several occasions in 2016/2017 I think I declared on the customs form that the purpose of my visit was to study until at some point in 2017 an officer removed the study permit from my passport. Yes, I was very very stupid..

During those times I never overstayed the 6 month visitor period and always had a valid ETA. I'm so worried that on our spousal sponsorship application, I said that all the visits in 2016/2017 were for personal purposes to visit my now husband, NOT STUDY and that I ended my studies after a couple of months. Will this be considered misrepresentation and reason for the 5 year ban? Would there be a record of me using the study permit on the cbsa travel history?

CBarr

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
I often see people talking about "F12" trick on this forum. Could someone advise what it means? What's it used for?

Thank you.
I believe it has been patched already. It allowed applicants to check internal status of their application through the browser's console. The trick was to open the browser console while in the application/login page (F12 opens the browser console) and then inspect the network logs when the user logs in to their application, one of the JSON payloads included details that were not visible to the user on the page itself.

The fix for this bug was announced in at least this email exchange: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship.46995/page-2813#post-10325313

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
I got SA letter today and it mention it will be moved to a visa office without mentioning which office. Do I assume there will be another one to tell which visa office ? I guess it will me moved to Manila Visa Office in our case with my filipina wife as PA.

Reactions: Home_13579

Fhn2023

Star Member
Jan 8, 2023
Saudi Arabia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
29-12-2022
Doc's Request.
01-03-2023
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
File Transfer...
06-03-2023
Med's Request
06-06-2023
Med's Done....
15-06-2023
Passport Req..
08-09-2023
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2023
I got SA letter today and it mention it will be moved to a visa office without mentioning which office. Do I assume there will be another one to tell which visa office ? I guess it will me moved to Manila Visa Office in our case with my filipina wife as PA.
I saw some cases PA from Philippines that was processed by Ottawa VO

Reactions: Xilikon

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
It does seem a bit weird. I suppose they can send it anywhere, but, of course, Manila would seem to make the most sense.

The two letters of which I spoke both contained this wording:

The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be forwarded to the visa office in Manila for further processing.
Visa Office Contact Information
Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative, you must email the visa office listed above directly using the “IRCC Web Form”.
On mine, it has this phrase : "The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be forwarded to a visa office for further
processing." and that's why I'm wondering about the VO information.

@Fhn2023 Thanks, it's good to know about that.

Reactions: Fhn2023
Sep 25, 2021
I've gathered all the documents and filled all the forms and are ready to submit for spousal sponsorship . I want to apply for a visit visa for my wife and 9 months old daughter to come and stay with me in Canada ( they are in UAE and i'm in Canada since last November) because the PR process will take alot of time . My question is, what to do first ? Submit PR application first then apply for a visit visa or the opposite ? Which one do you think is more satisfying for the officer who approves the visit visa application ?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've gathered all the documents and filled all the forms and are ready to submit for spousal sponsorship . I want to apply for a visit visa for my wife and 9 months old daughter to come and stay with me in Canada ( they are in UAE and i'm in Canada since last November) because the PR process will take alot of time . My question is, what to do first ? Submit PR application first then apply for a visit visa or the opposite ? Which one do you think is more satisfying for the officer who approves the visit visa application ?
You need to submit your spousal sponsorship as soon as possible. You have already wasted some months since last November.

Reactions: Mostafa_Elsaeed