+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

renekton

Jul 1, 2017
I know from firsthand experience that a webform will work if no AOR yet.

I filed two PR/spousal applications as representative (one for me and my wife; one for her sister and her husband) and, shortly after sending, I started to worry about signatures on forms requiring signatures. There was a lot on discussion here about signing in the weeks following the IRCCs "online only" edict of September 23. There were YouTube videos about it. We followed the route of print/sign/scan/send, recommended by some. Others planted seeds of doubt after our applications went in, saying they would be summarily rejected if not "digitally" signed. I worried about getting our applications returned after many months because of failure to follow signature protocol. I was particularly worried because I was responsible for getting things right for another couple, who were counting on me not to screw up.

So, I went to work and found a way to add digital signatures to the forms. I completed new forms, all nicely digitally signed. I "raised" a webform for each application adding the new, improved forms. I apologized profusely for being a pest, but emphasized how diligently were were trying to get things right. So, in each case, the webforms were sent hard on the heels of the applications going in. I wanted to get the webforms in BEFORE we received AOR, fearing that there would be no AOR, only a summary rejection, if we had not perfected the manner of signing before the file received an initial completeness review. In each case, I received an acknowledgment of the webform within a day or so and, in time, both applications received AOR. We have now progressed beyond that, having received biometrics and police certificate requests.

The above is a long way of saying you can send webform at any time.
This is very helpful for me. I'll raise a webform and submit new IMM5669 right away.
Thank you very much for taking time and providing your input.

Alex williams

Star Member
Oct 2, 2019
Can someone please help me out!

My wife had a medical on Jan 30-2023. The medical on My GC key has not been updated yet. I have an account on pr tracker, as a sponsor. That doesn't show anything either.
Even I can't link an account for my wife as principle applicant on tracker.

Is this normal? Or shall I raise a webform regarding this issue ? Last day of medical submission is Feb 23

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
Can someone please help me out!

My wife had a medical on Jan 30-2023. The medical on My GC key has not been updated yet. I have an account on pr tracker, as a sponsor. That doesn't show anything either.
Even I can't link an account for my wife as principle applicant on tracker.

Is this normal? Or shall I raise a webform regarding this issue ? Last day of medical submission is Feb 23
Your wife can also register on PR tracker. That will show PA related updates. Your account is going to show only Sponsor related updates till Sponsor Eligibility approval.

Alex williams

Star Member
Oct 2, 2019
Your wife can also register on PR tracker. That will show PA related updates. Your account is going to show only Sponsor related updates till Sponsor Eligibility approval.
We already tried many times linking an account as an applicant. unfortunately, it didn't match. we wrote exact information as it on our application.

Does GC key stays up to date with the processing or is it lagged behind?
Currently it shows:
  • We have requested a medical exam. We will send you a letter or email with details.

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Hey,

After providing biometrics, I know it is linked to my UCI, but do I have to send/upload IRCC the receipt/document provided by VFS after completing biometrics?

Please help.

Alex williams

Star Member
Oct 2, 2019
Hey,

After providing biometrics, I know it is linked to my UCI, but do I have to send/upload IRCC the receipt/document provided by VFS after completing biometrics?

Please help.
No. You don't have to send any documents
If you have linked your account with GC key then you will be able to see the update for biometric

Reactions: Ashan Perera

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
We already tried many times linking an account as an applicant. unfortunately, it didn't match. we wrote exact information as it on our application.

Does GC key stays up to date with the processing or is it lagged behind?
Currently it shows:
  • We have requested a medical exam. We will send you a letter or email with details.
Sometimes GC key is behind and PR tracker is up to dated. But don't worry. if they have to request anything, they will do via GC key... So if you have GC key then its good.

I hope you are using the correct tracker link. Here is link to PR tracker: https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en

Reactions: Alex williams

PMN

Star Member
May 29, 2022
Hi everyone, i was just checking my PR tracker today (22 FEB) and saw this update:

16 February - We sent you a message about your application
Read the message carefully and take appropriate action as necessary.

I checked my email and my husbands (sponsor)'s email and we haven't received anything today.
Also, on the 16th I received an email saying I could now link my application, which i did on the PR tracker but I did not link it to GCKEY because i prefer to received my updates through mail.
Could that be the message they are referring to but the update just showed now ?

Or could there be a message on GCKEY that I will only be able to see if I link my application ? Please if anyone could let me know thank you.

Esty4Ademi

Star Member
Jun 19, 2021
Hi guys, I am submitting an online outland application for my wife. I am a PR and currently living in Montreal. But I have a remote job in Toronto and intend to move to Toronto after my wife comes here. So in the imm0008, in response to "Where do you plan to live in Canada?" I selected ON, Toronto, for my wife.
Now my question is in form imm5533e; one of the supporting documents for the Sponsor is the "Employment/Source of Income". But it says: do not complete the section if you are a Quebec resident. I am not sure, in my case, that we will move to Toronto after getting my wife's PR, should we

Banu02

Jan 13, 2023
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
26-10-2022
AOR Received.
07-01-2023
Hi everyone, i was just checking my PR tracker today (22 FEB) and saw this update:

16 February - We sent you a message about your application
Read the message carefully and take appropriate action as necessary.

I checked my email and my husbands (sponsor)'s email and we haven't received anything today.
Also, on the 16th I received an email saying I could now link my application, which i did on the PR tracker but I did not link it to GCKEY because i prefer to received my updates through mail.
Could that be the message they are referring to but the update just showed now ?

Or could there be a message on GCKEY that I will only be able to see if I link my application ? Please if anyone could let me know thank you.
We received the same for my spouse and I believe it is for the generic email notifying us of linking our application.

David2023

Feb 13, 2023
i got the option to upload on the file and submit, however i just got to know I need to create new application and resubmit everything along with the rejection letter that came for missing documents.
Hi Waddup,
Yes is better to create new application and resubmit everything along with the rejection letter + receipt fees you paid when you submitted your application for the fist time .because i did the same ,still waiting for AOR.

Tejas2023

Feb 23, 2023
Hello all, I submitted my application to sponsor my mother under the PGP program in December 2022.
Can I submit an application to sponsor my wife now?
In the Sponsorship Eligibility Assessment section of imm1344e form, question 6: Have you submitted a previous application in respect of which a final decision has not been made for the person being sponsored and their family members?
Does it include the applications under PGP too?
If anyone has submitted applications for both the spouse and parents, please let me know how did you proceed in answering this question.