+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
GC key a/c says “action needed” and when I click application thing, it shows under biometrics, we need your biometrics, please check below message for more information.

But I don’t see any message.

I also received an email today saying my eligibility is passed and forwarding my application to my home country embassy.

So should I await till they send me a message or can my spouse go to home office & provide biometric?

Please advise.

theonegreatone

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Mumbai
For My WhatsApp chats, they are typed in English, but actual meaning of words is not English.
I plan to get them translated and notarized from a lawyer in India.

If anyone knows a translator in Mumbai, please dm me.
Thanks

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
GC key a/c says “action needed” and when I click application thing, it shows under biometrics, we need your biometrics, please check below message for more information.

But I don’t see any message.

I also received an email today saying my eligibility is passed and forwarding my application to my home country embassy.

So should I await till they send me a message or can my spouse go to home office & provide biometric?

Please advise.
Have you checked under the heading message about your application? Have you received medical request?

waddup

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Hi

did you submitted the missing form via IRCC Webform or by post, i sent the missing documents by mail CPC SYDNEY ,because the letter came from CPC SYDNEY ,they was no option for me to submitted the missing document online. i think ircc don't returned the application again since is online now.
you don't need to pay the fees again but you need to resubmit all application online plus the previous receipt.
myself i,m going to resubmit all application online plus the receipt fees i paid on December 2022.
i got the option to upload on the file and submit, however i just got to know I need to create new application and resubmit everything along with the rejection letter that came for missing documents.

waddup

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Hi my PR card expired yesterday and the renewal card hasn't come yet even though I applied 3 months back. Can I still update my spouse sponsorship and put a letter of explanation?

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
When going to VFS for bio metrics, we have to take the receipt of payment right?

I paid everything in advance when submitting my application so receipt does not says anywhere bio metric, will it be a issue, because I am taking this to my local VFS?

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
When going to VFS for bio metrics, we have to take the receipt of payment right?

I paid everything in advance when submitting my application so receipt does not says anywhere bio metric, will it be a issue, because I am taking this to my local VFS?
Your biometric information letter issued by IRCC and the appointment confirmation is the proof of payment. VFS issues the receipt of nil amount post submission, because biometric charges are paid to VFS by IRCC.

Reactions: Ashan Perera

renekton

Jul 1, 2017
Hi all,

We submitted my spouse’s PR application recently. Her visitor visa was rejected prior to PR application submission.
I just remembered that there was a question in IMM5669, Background declaration form where they ask

"Have you or, any of your family members listed in this application, ever:
been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de Sélection du Québec [CSQ] or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or a visitor or temporary resident visa, for Canada or any other country or territory?"

We don’t remember how we answered this. I’m worried if we’ve answered No by mistake.
Now that application is submitted, we cannot view the submitted file and we haven't received AOR yet.

What are our options now? How can we check if we have provided correct information here?
What sort of problems will this cause?

Thanks

renekton

Jul 1, 2017
It can definitely cause the problem of being seen as a misrepresentation if you said there were no refusals when, in fact, there were.

The online submission system is a bit of a pain in that it won't allow you to read what you have submitted, once submitted. You have to make and retain your own copy. I have found this not a simple thing to do using Apple equipment and Adobe Acrobat, but it can be done. I have learned to do that and, of course, printing is always an option. Anyway, in your case, all of that is irrelevant since the application has been submitted and you have no copy.

Others here no doubt have more experience and insight, but I would say you do not now want to simply ignore it and hope for the best. About the only remedy I see is the send off a webform (usually referred to here as "raising" a webform, an interesting turn of phrase), saying your mea culpas and explaining that you may have overlooked the question or answered incorrectly and you want to ensure that your PR application contains full and accurate information.
Hi,
Thank you for responding. I guess we will download and submit the IMM5669 through the webform, mentioning the UCI #(from visitor visa refusal. we've mentioned this # in PR application as well).

However, we're not sure if this webform will be successfully linked to our application considering the fact that we haven't received AOR yet. We submitted our Outland application just 2 weeks ago. Any idea if web forms work if we don't have AOR yet?

Thanks