+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

rubz9911

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
Almost certain they will return. But don't wait for them to return as it may take few months for them to check your files. I would call IRCC call center and ask them to return your package right away.
Unfortunately it was actually returned and I had to reapply for it, too bad...

David2023

Feb 13, 2023
Hi All,

Need some help with spouse application. I applied for my spouse application and it was rejected for missing PCC, transactions between each other and document checklist. I did submit all of that the next day but i also got $485 refund from IRCC. I am not sure if my file is even processing, please see all timelines below

Spouse Application submitted through new portal: Aug 21, 2022
Rejected for PCC, Transaction and document checklist: Nov 15, 2022
Updated the documents and resubmitted: Nov 16, 2023
This email confirms that you have successfully submitted your permanent residence application: Nov 16, 2023
Refund email of $485 - Jan 31, 2023

Let me know if you are able to help or guide in the right way.

Thanks
Hi ,when you resubmitted: Nov 16, 2023 did you paid again the fees? or did you resubmitted all files online or the missing documents?
because mine also was rejected on Jan 17, 2023.
Application submitted online: Dec 2, 2022
Reason: forgot to submit birth certificate + police certificate for my daughter.
Resubmit the birth cert + police cert on Jan 20, 2023 but I do not know if they will accepted.
But they didn't retuned my application.

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
I am getting the same error too "not found" tried multiple options
I noticed today that, in tracker my DOB & some info are incorrect, I immediately raised a webform.

There is another UCI number showing under tracker contact details, starting from letter P and it has 12 more digits.

I even tried entering that UCI, but no luck.

C&MSAFA

Feb 14, 2023
Has anyone else had problems with them not processing the work permit application once the approval for sponsor came through? My husband that I sponsored never got his work permit. We sent it in with the initial application (including all fees). He just got his ECOPR and his PR card has been mailed, but still to this day we didn't get his work permit. I know we no longer need it but it was an inconvenience while we were waiting.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Has anyone else had problems with them not processing the work permit application once the approval for sponsor came through? My husband that I sponsored never got his work permit. We sent it in with the initial application (including all fees). He just got his ECOPR and his PR card has been mailed, but still to this day we didn't get his work permit. I know we no longer need it but it was an inconvenience while we were waiting.
Yes, we've certainly seen that happen. AIP is needed before the work permit can be issued. Sometimes AIP comes so late there's no point in processing the work permit.

C&MSAFA

Feb 14, 2023
Yes, we've certainly seen that happen. AIP is needed before the work permit can be issued. Sometimes AIP comes so late there's no point in processing the work permit.
OH! Thank you, this was never explained when I called in. When we signed in and seen the COPR document on our status I called to ask about the work permit and they said it seems it was missed and they said they would send a message to processing. Your answer makes sense to me.

theonegreatone

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Mumbai
Hi All,

Important documents for you and your spouse showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse (such as employment
or insurance benefits)

Please can anyone suggest what is allowed under this. My wife lives in India

Thanks in advance

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
Hi All,

Important documents for you and your spouse showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse (such as employment
or insurance benefits)

Please can anyone suggest what is allowed under this. My wife lives in India

Thanks in advance
Any document where you or your wife have added each other in employment or insurance benefits.
You can take a print out of the insurance benefits profile where it shows beneficiary information (One of you must be added to each other's)

Reactions: theonegreatone

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
Do they give refund in these cases? Ours was a paper application and we never got to link it with GC key. We don't know if it is even being processed or not. Its not needed now that PR is approved.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Do they give refund in these cases? Ours was a paper application and we never got to link it with GC key. We don't know if it is even being processed or not. Its not needed now that PR is approved.
I believe so but am not 100% sure how that works.

waddup

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Hi ,when you resubmitted: Nov 16, 2023 did you paid again the fees? or did you resubmitted all files online or the missing documents?
because mine also was rejected on Jan 17, 2023.
Application submitted online: Dec 2, 2022
Reason: forgot to submit birth certificate + police certificate for my daughter.
Resubmit the birth cert + police cert on Jan 20, 2023 but I do not know if they will accepted.
But they didn't retuned my application.
I uploaded the missing documents and submitted, didn't paid the fees again. Feels like i am doing this wrong, should create new application file and pay the fees again. I could always pay the fees again given i am able to submit any further documents or they ask for it.

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
People who got AORs, did you'll received two UCI numbers, one for sponsor and other for principal applicant?

I got only one email (AOR) and it has onlu one UCI number which is belongs to sponsor.

Please help.

Banu02

Jan 13, 2023
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
26-10-2022
AOR Received.
07-01-2023
People who got AORs, did you'll received two UCI numbers, one for sponsor and other for principal applicant?

I got only one email (AOR) and it has onlu one UCI number which is belongs to sponsor.

Please help.
Received only one for sponsor.

Reactions: Fhughton