+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
No, online application too can be linked to the gckey account. Sponsor can link the application to the sponsor's account using the sponsor UCI, PA's details and entering the number of people in the application as 2.
I received an email with one UCI (sponsor's UCI), I entered/selected all info as below,

PERMANENT RESIDENCE --- FAMILY SPONSOR (SPOUSE) --- ENTER UCI AND APPLICATION NUMBER --- PA's BIRTH PLACE AND COUNTRY --- NUM OF APPLICANTS = 2

But still not working, I also tried entering passport info (PA's) instead of birth place and country, still no luck and I exeeded given num of times to eneter info, so I have to await 24 hours to re-try everything :(

CBarr

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
I received an email with one UCI (sponsor's UCI), I entered/selected all info as below,

PERMANENT RESIDENCE --- FAMILY SPONSOR (SPOUSE) --- ENTER UCI AND APPLICATION NUMBER --- PA's BIRTH PLACE AND COUNTRY --- NUM OF APPLICANTS = 2

But still not working, I also tried entering passport info (PA's) instead of birth place and country, still no luck and I exeeded given num of times to eneter info, so I have to await 24 hours to re-try everything :(
These are the steps I had to do at the time and worked for me, I hope they can be helpful for you as well.

My biggest issue was that I was not counting myself (the sponsor) in the number of applicants. I was only putting 1 (the principal applicant) instead of 2 (sponsor and principal applicant).

Successfully linked application in Sponsor's GCKey account.
Steps used as follows:

• Permanent Resident
  • Family Class (Spouses)
  • Application Number and UCI
    • used the UCI of the Principal Applicant and Application Number we received
  • Place of Birth
    • city and country exactly as it shows in the Principal Appicant's passport
  • Province
    • the one that was selected in one of the application forms
  • Town
    • the one that was selected in one of the application forms
  • Current Marital Status
    • self explanatory
  • Number of family members
    • the Sponsor and Principal Applicant count as 2
    • if you have dependents as well then it's 2 (Sponsor and PA) + dependent count

Stellanneka

Dec 22, 2022
Please I need help, my husband wrote to his mp, they told him that my medical has expired but they is no email from immigration to do another medical, pls can someone do an upfront medical and send to them.

jacoblaws100

Feb 11, 2023
Just woke up to my APPROVAL EMAIL FOR PR!!! FINALLY!

Inland Spousal Sponsorship

AOR: Aug 30 2022

Medical exam request : Nov 9 2022

Medical exam updated to Completed: Nov 17 2022

Eligibility Completed: Dec 12 2022

Invitation to Pre arrival services : Dec 13 2022

Email Confirming PR Approval: Feb 11 2023

The tracker isnt 100% accurate I'd say , because it still shows Background check (not Started) and application in progress. Fingers crossed guys soon you all will get confirmation.

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
These are the steps I had to do at the time and worked for me, I hope they can be helpful for you as well.

My biggest issue was that I was not counting myself (the sponsor) in the number of applicants. I was only putting 1 (the principal applicant) instead of 2 (sponsor and principal applicant).

Seems like I have to await til they send us PA's UCI num.

Thank you !

sk1622

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Hi Experienced and Esteemed members,

I need an URGENT help on the current situation I am in.I am trying to look for options to apply for PRTD application for my husband as we had to make an immediate travel outside Canada. Currently,he does not have a PR Card as the application was approved recently. The PR Portal does not show an option to apply for PRTD(as the application there is not updated and "in review with IRCC). Is there a way I can appluy for PRTD alternatively?

I tried to look for options on the official page but I could not find the details of how to apply for paper application/in person. Any leads will be really helpful. Please looking forward for guidance here on what to do as we have our flights booked end of this month for return.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Currently,he does not have a PR Card as the application was approved recently. The PR Portal does not show an option to apply for PRTD(as the application there is not updated and "in review with IRCC). Is there a way I can appluy for PRTD alternatively?
He cannot apply for a PRTD until he is a PR. "Approved" is not the same as already being a PR. You need to clarify this point before you can do anything. Suggest calling IRCC.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes, he is a PR now(Have received ECOPR, PR card is pending)
By far his easiest option is to travel through USA on way back and cross at land border - if he has access to USA (visa or visa waiver).

If not, sorry, don't know why he can't access portal. Perhaps only way is to contact IRCC.

sk1622

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Wou
By far his easiest option is to travel through USA on way back and cross at land border - if he has access to USA (visa or visa waiver).

If not, sorry, don't know why he can't access portal. Perhaps only way is to contact IRCC.
Would You know if I can use my login id on pr portal to create a prtd application for him?

David2023

Feb 13, 2023
I’m newbie here I need help please

I have submitted an Outland sponsorship for my spouse.

Application submitted online: Dec 2, 2022
Rejected: Jan 17, 2023
Reason: forgot to submit birth certificate + police certificate for my daughter.
Resubmit the birth cert + police cert on Jan 20, 2023 but I do not know if they will accepted.
But they didn't retuned my application.

Question is only paper application can be returned or both (online and paper application)

I need help can i resubmit again fresh application with fees or without fees because I paid fees when I submitted the application on dec 02 or must wait to see if they will accepted .
Thanks

waddup

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015

I am getting the same error too "not found" tried multiple options

waddup

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Hi All,

Need some help with spouse application. I applied for my spouse application and it was rejected for missing PCC, transactions between each other and document checklist. I did submit all of that the next day but i also got $485 refund from IRCC. I am not sure if my file is even processing, please see all timelines below

Spouse Application submitted through new portal: Aug 21, 2022
Rejected for PCC, Transaction and document checklist: Nov 15, 2022
Updated the documents and resubmitted: Nov 16, 2023
This email confirms that you have successfully submitted your permanent residence application: Nov 16, 2023
Refund email of $485 - Jan 31, 2023

Let me know if you are able to help or guide in the right way.

Thanks

Q1303

Mar 9, 2020
Hello,

I have a question regarding the photos for proof of relationship in the common-law application. How did you submit them? I have a bunch and I am unsure what the best way to present them is.

I really appreciate any help you can provide.