+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

whozarm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2022
1. - Just write month and year at the time when you want to submit your application
2. It is better to send passport copy with marked pages
Further to 2 - Please ensure you’re reading the document checklist, this is a required form that needs to be submitted with your application. Under supporting documents, it specifies exactly what pages they require from the passport.

Reactions: rajeshb220591

rajeshb220591

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
Further to 2 - Please ensure you’re reading the document checklist, this is a required form that needs to be submitted with your application. Under supporting documents, it specifies exactly what pages they require from the passport.
In the checklist it says "Include only copies showing the passport or travel document number, date of issue and expiration, photo, name , surname, date and place of birth of holder." As per this, we don't need to submit marked pages, so I just wanted to make sure.

whozarm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2022
In the checklist it says "Include only copies showing the passport or travel document number, date of issue and expiration, photo, name , surname, date and place of birth of holder." As per this, we don't need to submit marked pages, so I just wanted to make sure.
Your initial question asked if you needed to submit just the front and back of the passport, this is incorrect. It seems with what you’ve pasted above from the checklist, you’re now on the right path.

dhruvkhan

Dec 29, 2019
Canadian PR holder planning court wedding in Canada in March and Hindu ritual wedding in India in May.

Fiance on student visa with 3-year work permit after graduation. Planning to apply for her PR through spousal sponsorship.

Need advice on:
1) mentioning Hindu wedding,
2) recognition of Canadian court wedding by Indian embassy,
3) need for another court wedding in India

viviliaZ

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
23-01-2018
I am a Canadian Citizen (Indian origin with OCI) and will be marrying soon an Indian.

I am considering sponsoring him for Spousal Visa but also open work permit.

Seeing the below post thread, it seems Outland application for PR would be the best.

But my question can open work permit be applied only AFTER we apply for PR and get AOR? He has a visitor's visa and come here to apply for open work permit as I see thats a requirement.

But I wondered if its possible to apply for open work permit first and then PR? So he can join me soon? If yes, does it restrict him to remain in country until open work permit is done or PR? We could still consider applying for outland PR post open work permit.

He also had a child, but he is under custody of his mom, but he does see his kid and financial supports him. Would he need to provide his medical?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Canadian PR holder planning court wedding in Canada in March and Hindu ritual wedding in India in May.

Fiance on student visa with 3-year work permit after graduation. Planning to apply for her PR through spousal sponsorship.

Need advice on:
1) mentioning Hindu wedding,
2) recognition of Canadian court wedding by Indian embassy,
3) need for another court wedding in India
Do you live together?

Why do you need recognition of the Canadian wedding by the Embassy?

3) You should not do two legal weddings.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am a Canadian Citizen (Indian origin with OCI) and will be marrying soon an Indian.

Seeing the below post thread, it seems Outland application for PR would be the best.

But my question can open work permit be applied only AFTER we apply for PR and get AOR? He has a visitor's visa and come here to apply for open work permit as I see thats a requirement.

But I wondered if its possible to apply for open work permit first and then PR? So he can join me soon? If yes, does it restrict him to remain in country until open work permit is done or PR? We could still consider applying for outland PR post open work permit.

He also had a child, but he is under custody of his mom, but he does see his kid and financial supports him. Would he need to provide his medical?
If you apply outland, you cannot apply for the OWP.

Does your spouse have a visa already?

Yes, child would need to be included - as unaccompnaying if will not move to Canada - and will need to provide medical.

Reactions: YVR123 and scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Open work permit is only available with the inland process. If you apply outland, no OWP.

No, you cannot apply for the OWP first. You must submit the inland sponsorship application first and then wait for AOR. In order to sponsor your spouse inland, both if you must be physically in Canada.

Again, outland + open work permit is not possibe.

Yes, he needs to provide the child's medicals.

whozarm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2022
guys, when can we get AOR approx based on your experience? we just submitted our application.
If you look at my signature, I have a link to spreadsheet that’s called Spouse PR Tracking. Each tab is split out by inland/outland and the month applied and is self reported for members of the forum. Please review previous months for your stream to have a better understanding the length of time it takes for each step, it varies for everyone.

DreamCanada07

Feb 7, 2023
PA and spouse applied together in Aug,2021. PA application started prossesing on Feb, 2022. PA got COPR in Jan,2023.

Spouse Received the PR application on Aug 2021, Singapore Visa Processing center started the case on Oct 2022
Eligibility requirements: in progress
The criminality verifications: in progress (IRCC received biometrics)
Security verification: Not started yet
Medical examinations: not requested

Anyone can tell how long would that take ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
PA and spouse applied together in Aug,2021. PA application started prossesing on Feb, 2022. PA got COPR in Jan,2023.

Spouse Received the PR application on Aug 2021, Singapore Visa Processing center started the case on Oct 2022
Eligibility requirements: in progress
The criminality verifications: in progress (IRCC received biometrics)
Security verification: Not started yet
Medical examinations: not requested

Anyone can tell how long would that take ?
Your post is a bit confusing. Is this for a regular spousal sponsorship application where the sponsor is Canadian?

theonegreatone

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Mumbai
My Wife's Birth date is different on her Birth certificate vs her SSC and School Leaving Certificate.

Will this be an issue?
Should I provide some additional documentation?

lenuxii

Star Member
Jan 24, 2023
morning all, I'm almost ready to submit my application, can someone advise me on how I'm gonna upload my digital photo into the system? IRCC wants to see back of the photo as well I think? I'm confused, can anyone advise me on how to upload a photo? any luck to advise how to upload my digital photo in the system?
I scanned both sides of the photo using a photoscanning app CamScanner I don't know if this app is available in your country but there are several applications that just needs you to take photos both side and can convert it into a PDF format. This was how we submitted ours

Sankaurr

Mar 29, 2019
I was finally able to create my sponsorship tracker tool account and saw that they have the wrong residential address. My firm mentioned this new platform has many kinks and are continuously working on it and so raising a web form to update the address is not needed (as they'll most likely not bother updating it). Since we provided the right information on the application is sufficient, and also, all communications goes to the firm anyway.
Hi, you created PR tracker. I have an issue unable to create