+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Jotkaur1990

Jan 25, 2023
No update in Spousal sponsorship outland PR tracker since 5 dec 2022, applied on august 26 2022.. after medical nothing happened. Anybody else facing same issue?

CBarr

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
No update in Spousal sponsorship outland PR tracker since 5 dec 2022, applied on august 26 2022.. after medical nothing happened. Anybody else facing same issue?
Although our process was inland this is currently the state of our PR Tracker today and my spouse PR has already been accepted and is currently waiting for the COPR:

I don't think they are updating that tracker as much as we were expecting

Reactions: Jotkaur1990

Leeds_92

Dec 12, 2022
I recieved an email asking to submit Proof of Relationship, i submitted all the requested information and more when submitting the application initially.
When i login to my IRCC it shows that i need to submit documents but its listed as "replacement documents". Is this saying they maybe lost my documents or is the underlying message of this letter mean i haven't submitted enough proof and they somehow want more?

Application: Online Common Law inland

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I recieved an email asking to submit Proof of Relationship, i submitted all the requested information and more when submitting the application initially.
When i login to my IRCC it shows that i need to submit documents but its listed as "replacement documents". Is this saying they maybe lost my documents or is the underlying message of this letter mean i haven't submitted enough proof and they somehow want more?

Application: Online Common Law inland
Could be yet another glitch with the online system, since it shows `replacement documents', rather than `additional documents needed' (or similar).

If you kept copies of what was originally submitted, I suppose you could always send them again with a note explaining why you're...sending them again.:rolleyes:

Obviously, the proof of relationship is the most important piece of the puzzle.

Reactions: Leeds_92

Leeds_92

Dec 12, 2022
Could be yet another glitch with the online system, since it shows `replacement documents', rather than `additional documents needed' (or similar).

If you kept copies of what was originally submitted, I suppose you could always send them again with a note explaining why you're...sending them again.:rolleyes:

Obviously, the proof of relationship is the most important piece of the puzzle.
Thats the part that confuses me, even the email makes no mention of additional documents or lack of initial documentation. Just asks to upload proof of Relationship and nothing more.
The 'Replacement documents' makes me think something has glitched but who knows.

theonegreatone

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Mumbai
Important documents for you and your spouse showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse (such as employment
or insurance benefits)

Please can anyone suggest what is allowed under this. My wife lives in India

I am planning to do this and submit

1. Add my wife to my company profile and Submit Proof
2. Add my wife to my company insurance policy in Canada
3 Add my wife as emergency contact
4. Ask my wife to add me to her company insurance policy in India
5. Ask my wife to add me as nominee in her bank account

Please suggest more items under this!!!

Nunavut28

Star Member
Nov 1, 2021
hello all, Can you someone help me regarding IMM 5532 Part C Question 4 - we're living together and we're applying inland sponsorship in Canada, so we lived together and question 3 says if you're living together now, yes we live together now, what about question 4? Can someone advise me what to choose? Your help is so much...

iamkran

Star Member
Oct 6, 2015
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
App. Filed.......
22-05-2018
Nomination.....
26-04-2018
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
22-10-2015 (upfront)
Interview........
No need
Passport Req..
Upront with application
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-12-2015
Hi,
I am newbie to this whole process. I recently got married in December last year and wife resides in India. Im a canadian PR. Now, I need to sponser my wife and I am planning to apply on my own.

First question, do we need to make changes to my wife’s current passport. Like addition of spouse name and changing address to her in laws address( my indian address) ?

second question, what do we need to support our proof of relationship? Any links are appreciated too

Thanks in Advance!

ChesterR

Jan 30, 2023
Hi all,

I applied to sponsor my Mexican wife for PR. She has met eligibility requirements and the Inland APR Eligibility Decision Letter says she can now apply for the Open Work Permit. We uploaded all the documents, but it requires a payment of $255. When we applied for PR online in November, it asked us then if we wanted to apply and pay for an OWP. We said yes and paid $1420 (PR stuff, biometrics, and $255 for OWP stuff). In the OWP page of CIC, it's asking for $255. There's no way to upload the receipt we got in November 2022 in the payment section. (We can attach it in the Client Information section, but it changes nothing.) Will IRCC refund us $255 from the original payment we sent in November? Does anyone know how to get this refund or has anyone experienced a similar situation?
Thanks so much!

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
Hi,
I am newbie to this whole process. I recently got married in December last year and wife resides in India. Im a canadian PR. Now, I need to sponser my wife and I am planning to apply on my own.

First question, do we need to make changes to my wife’s current passport. Like addition of spouse name and changing address to her in laws address( my indian address) ?

second question, what do we need to support our proof of relationship? Any links are appreciated too

Thanks in Advance!
Changes in your wife's passport are not needed. Marriage certificate should be enough for that.
For proof of relationship, Please follow checklist thoroughly and if you have any specific questions then please ask them.
like, let's say you have question on what kind of photos should be attached,
then try to show all the timeline. We attached every photos of these different occasions
1. Roka
2. Haldi
3. Marriage
4. reception
5. Other than marriage and reception, visit to extended family home
6. airport (when spouse was leaving)
7. pictures of wife with in-laws when husband was away (Diwali, lohri, birthday celebration at home etc)

Reactions: iamkran

Nunavut28

Star Member
Nov 1, 2021
afternoon all, I'm applying for inland spouse sponsorship but I have a problem with IMM5532 Part C - question 4, we've been living together so how i'm gonna fill out the form? it says give dates etc.

FissionMailed

Oct 6, 2022
Hi,
CEC INLAND
ITA: Aug 3, 2022
Submission: Aug 5, 2022
Medicals Passed: Oct 6, 2022
First PR Confirmation: Nov 22, 2022( Replied to the email saying am out of Canada and my marital status is going to change)
Webform post marriage: Dec 9, 2022
Spouse Docs Submission: Jan 5, 2023
PR confirmation emails for me & my spouse: Jan 27, 2023

We both got the same PR confirmation emails. Isn't my wife supposed to receive passport request email as she is outland? What should be my next steps?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,
CEC INLAND
ITA: Aug 3, 2022
Submission: Aug 5, 2022
Medicals Passed: Oct 6, 2022
First PR Confirmation: Nov 22, 2022( Replied to the email saying am out of Canada and my marital status is going to change)
Webform post marriage: Dec 9, 2022
Spouse Docs Submission: Jan 5, 2023
PR confirmation emails for me & my spouse: Jan 27, 2023

We both got the same PR confirmation emails. Isn't my wife supposed to receive passport request email as she is outland? What should be my next steps?
Not a spousal sponsorship question, so you're asking in the wrong place.