+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Lxman

Oct 11, 2020
Anyone submitted spouse outside canada application in november 2022 received AOR?
Submitted outland Spousal sponsorship application on 26 September 2022. But haven’t received AoR yet. Called IRCC once few weeks back but a representative told me to wait.

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
Hello all,

Happy New Year :)

I am a Canadian Citizen and my Wife is an Indian Citizen who is currently back in India. My plan is to bring her to Canada by applying for a Visitor visa in addition to a Sponsorship visa. On Jan 6, 2023, my wife received a Passport request for her Visitor visa stamping.

My questions:

1. Now that she will be getting her Passport stamped with a Visitor Visa, is now a good time to initiate an online Sponsorship application (outland)?

2. In case if she wishes to work after coming to Canada (on her tourist visa), is it possible to apply for a Work visa permit while submitting her Sponsorship visa (dual intent) at that time. Thoughts?

What's possible and what's not according to the current rules and policies?
What's the right path to take in our situation?

I would appreciate some insight and knowledge from someone who has went through the process or if you are in the same boat as me or from someone who simply knows what to do.

Appreciate your thoughts and support!

Cheers,
Kal

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
1. Now that she will be getting her Passport stamped with a Visitor Visa, is now a good time to initiate an online Sponsorship application (outland)?

2. In case if she wishes to work after coming to Canada (on her tourist visa), is it possible to apply for a Work visa permit while submitting her Sponsorship visa (dual intent) at that time. Thoughts?
Perfectly fine to apply outland now, BUT: if she does so, she will not be eligible for the open work permit. If she wishes to do that, appl¥ to sponsor her after she arrives in Canada.

That said, if she's not planning to travel soon, may be better to just submit as outland - experience with how fsat the open work permits get done varies quite a lot.

Reactions: kaladhar

manikmonday

Star Member
Oct 21, 2015
If Visitor Visa is applied for my child and once my family travels, can there be issues like questions on why sponsorship was not applied before TRV ?
Hi All,
My daughter's Visitor Visa was approved and we travelled back together to Canada in Nov 2022. I am falling short on my RO by few months. Both my spouse and daughter are on Visitor Visa. Should I:
1. Apply for family sponsorship now (I have most of the documentation ready)
2. Just do a visitor visa extension for my family around March 2023 and when I apply for my PR renewal later in 2023, and receive a decision on the PR renewal (based on RO shortfall outcome), then apply for family sponsorship.

Appreciate the advice.

ozaki

Jan 7, 2023
Hello everyone!
I am a Canadian citizen who was in a long distance relationship with a Nigerian citizen. We met online 4 years ago June 2018, and met in person for the first time last year May 2022 in Nigeria where she lives. I couldn't travel before due to study/work commitment. We then got married in Nigeria after couple weeks June 2022 and I stayed 2 month on vacation with her. Both our families new about our relationship and was happy for us. I flew back to Canada after 2 month with her and now I want to sponsor her to come to Canada. We have a very strong genuine relationship with each other and we are both happily married and can't wait to live together. The only thing we want help is the steps on where to start.
Thank you!

Yashsaxena

Mar 23, 2022
Need an advise here,
AOR 22nd Dec 2022
Medical-6th jan 2023
Eligibility pass -7th Jan 2023

My wife is 8 months pregnant, we have got the medical request. Do I need to request IRCC for extension on medical test? What's the process after the birth of a child ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone!
I am a Canadian citizen who was in a long distance relationship with a Nigerian citizen. We met online 4 years ago June 2018, and met in person for the first time last year May 2022 in Nigeria where she lives. I couldn't travel before due to study/work commitment. We then got married in Nigeria after couple weeks June 2022 and I stayed 2 month on vacation with her. Both our families new about our relationship and was happy for us. I flew back to Canada after 2 month with her and now I want to sponsor her to come to Canada. We have a very strong genuine relationship with each other and we are both happily married and can't wait to live together. The only thing we want help is the steps on where to start.
Thank you!
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children.html

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@scylla

i sponsor my spouse and my kids there application is in progress she passed her medical and visa office ask for DNA test we did DNA and the result come with 9.99% that we are the biological parents of child so in the application we submit to IRCC we said the child is from previous marriage of my wife because of Incorrect advice of our friends and unprofessional immigration consultant and i don’t know what should i do ?
i really need your help kindly advise me .
You need to hire an immigration lawyer to help you.

Lxman

Oct 11, 2020
Need an advise here,
AOR 22nd Dec 2022
Medical-6th jan 2023
Eligibility pass -7th Jan 2023

My wife is 8 months pregnant, we have got the medical request. Do I need to request IRCC for extension on medical test? What's the process after the birth of a child ?
May i know plz, when did you submit application? Thx

Samtasharm

Dec 31, 2022
Hi everyone, I have a question for anyone that has applied online with a representative.
My lawyer said they created an account to apply from and I will get an email with an activation, how long does that process take? It’s been a few days and I haven’t gotten any email yet.

Our paper application was returned so hoping to apply online ASAP. Thank you in advance!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, I have a question for anyone that has applied online with a representative.
My lawyer said they created an account to apply from and I will get an email with an activation, how long does that process take? It’s been a few days and I haven’t gotten any email yet.

Our paper application was returned so hoping to apply online ASAP. Thank you in advance!
I saw 6 months.

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
Perfectly fine to apply outland now, BUT: if she does so, she will not be eligible for the open work permit. If she wishes to do that, appl¥ to sponsor her after she arrives in Canada.

That said, if she's not planning to travel soon, may be better to just submit as outland - experience with how fsat the open work permits get done varies quite a lot.

Thank you for your input, armoured!

Much appreciated! :)