+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

sk1622

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Hi Experienced members,

I was seeking help to understand if my spouse can travel back to Home country for a month when his inland spousal application is in progress? Currently, we are awaiting on portal invite and have a travel scheduled for 3 weeks from today.
Appreciate responses for this!

Thank You!

Sam_YYZ

Nov 4, 2022
Hi Experienced members,

I was seeking help to understand if my spouse can travel back to Home country for a month when his inland spousal application is in progress? Currently, we are awaiting on portal invite and have a travel scheduled for 3 weeks from today.
Appreciate responses for this!

Thank You!
Inland applications process fast. When spouse is out of country, who applied as inland applicant, its safer not to travel. May check with an immigration consultant before taking risk.

Reactions: sk1622

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Inland applications process fast. When spouse is out of country, who applied as inland applicant, its safer not to travel. May check with an immigration consultant before taking risk.
I'd say it also depends on how long the planned travel is - for short trips, maybe less of a concern.

But fully agree that overall when waiting for a portal invite, it is not the best time to travel.

Reactions: BCTechy and sk1622

HarshRRR

Dec 6, 2022
Hii everyone.
Timeline for sowp
My wife is on student visa and i applied for my open work permit and my child visitor visa.
Applied: 24th october 2022
Biometrics: 4th november 2022
Medical updatded: 19th november 2022
Refused on 1st December.
The reason for refusing my application was that the college in which my wife studying is not approval for spouse work permit, which is not true. She is in St. Lawrence college kingston. I applied for reconsideration. So tell me can i hope for positive and how much time it will get to answer from ircc regarding reconsideration.

Reactions: T0pubo

ShahidF

Aug 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Apologies for off topic post but I think you guys will be right ones to give best possible advise.

I will get married next year in June 2023. Myself and my partner are thinking of moving in together this month as live-in.

I am permanent resident and my partner is on work permit. I will apply for her inland spousal sponsorship later next year after June 2023. Will it create any issues in her inland spousal sponsorship application if she goes ahead and changes her current address to my address?

I can ask her to keep her old address and not update it to my address till we get marry as per Canadian law. Will it make any difference? Looking for experts advise here.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Apologies for off topic post but I think you guys will be right ones to give best possible advise.

I will get married next year in June 2023. Myself and my partner are thinking of moving in together this month as live-in.

I am permanent resident and my partner is on work permit. I will apply for her inland spousal sponsorship later next year after June 2023. Will it create any issues in her inland spousal sponsorship application if she goes ahead and changes her current address to my address?

I can ask her to keep her old address and not update it to my address till we get marry as per Canadian law. Will it make any difference? Looking for experts advise here.
Better to change it in accordance with the actual facts, i.e., when she moves in with you, change the address.

Will also help your sponsorship as you can show you're living together.

Reactions: BCTechy and ShahidF

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thankyou so much. This helps.
My pleasure. I'd suggest you download the forms and start going through them, it will help you understand what information to collect and keep copies of to make the application easier.

(Note the forms do get updated periodically but usually minor changes, i.e. no harm in filling them in but keep in mind you may have to re-do later).

Jasmansimran

Nov 21, 2018
Applied August 9, 2022, got AOR on November 15, Medical updated on November 27. File is transferred to New Delhi Visa Office. No updates after that. How long does it usually get to have the PPR Request?

Tanker

Star Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hi everyone.
Timeline for Oultand Sponsorship
Applicants: wife and a child
Applied: December 5 2022
Medical done: October 30 2022
Medical and criminality passed: December 1 2022
Elegibility passed: December 12
Security has not been started.

Do you guys know when will we get the decision at this stage?

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021
Hi everyone.
Timeline for Oultand Sponsorship
Applicants: wife and a child
Applied: December 5 2022
Medical done: October 30 2022
Medical and criminality passed: December 1 2022
Elegibility passed: December 12
Security has not been started.

Do you guys know when will we get the decision at this stage?
How was your criminality passed 4 days before you applied?

We applied Nov 2021 and are still waiting. Patience is needed.

Navitaly

Jun 15, 2021
Hello Guys.

can you please help me with the following question:

I just received the approval Email for PR (INLAND), in the portal the issued a COPR
I had planned a trip out of Canada in January, with this situation how can I return while my status seems to be changed to PR ?

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
Hello Guys.

I just received the approval Email for PR (INLAND), in the portal the issued a COPR
I had planned a trip out of Canada in January, with this situation how can I return while my status seems to be changed to PR ?
You can come and go from Canada using your passport and COPR as long as the COPR is still valid.

TNBR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
App. Filed.......
March 15,2022
Med's Request
August 26,2022
Med's Done....
September 9, 2022
Hello Guys.

Actually if you are in Canada you will have to wait till you receive your eCOPR and then your PR card they you can travel in and out of Canada and just use your PR card to come back but once you receive your eCOPR you can travel even without the PR card but you will have to apply for the PRTD once you are outside Canada to be able to return

Reactions: T0pubo and Navitaly