+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Mucho268

Dec 8, 2020
HI guys, do they normally ask for interview before or after AIP?, I got my AIP and pre-arrival last week but apparently I can still be called in for interview, am a inland applicant too.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
HI guys, do they normally ask for interview before or after AIP?, I got my AIP and pre-arrival last week but apparently I can still be called in for interview, am a inland applicant too.
Interviews are fairly infrequent generally, and as far as I'm aware, quite rare after pre-arrival.

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
Everyone is different on when or if an interview is requested. I see interviews being requested a fair amount during the eligibility check phase but can also be requested at any time when the file is being reviewed by the officer. All files are reviewed first by an analyst to confirm completeness and correctness, then officers take over and review throughout the process. I have seen interview requests just prior to eligibility being granted, at background check, after medical done but not yet approved, and during background check. Then from time to time I see interviews being scheduled due to the final officer review phase, the reviewing officer having questions about the file during the final decision-making process. I would say that more files are approved without an interview, than with an interview. But each file is different.

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
Hi, I applied Paper Application (INLAND)... I am a principle applicant (sponsored)

Applied through Paper Application: Aug 16,2022 (Office CPC-Mississauga)

AOR: Sep 09,2022

Eligibility PASS (but not updated on GC key account Yet)

Medical was approved on Sep 09,2022 (I sent my upfront Medical along with Paper Application)

Biometric Requested: Sep14,2022 ( Completed on Sep16 and updated same day on account)

Pre-arrival letter ... Sep 15,2022

BACKGROUND CHECK:
Criminality Passed: Oct 26,2022
Security Passed: Oct 27,2022

Can Anyone help this out please:

What would be the further step?
Will I Get Ecopr and If YES how long can take after all stage passed?
It appears like you are not done the complete background check process. There still is information sharing, CBSA and CSIS, which is the most time consuming part. I have seen some files go through quickly if the PA has a rare name and date of birth with minimal matches. If there are more matches in the databases in which the names are same, similar, or dates of birth same or similar, it can take longer. Normal for info sharing, CBSA and CSIS is 3 months plus or minus a month. That is without a file being selected for secondary review of background. If there is question about a person or it is randomly selected for secondary review then it usually takes more than 3 months. Sorry for the lack of answers on timeline, but this part is out of the hands of IRCC and the details about delays are never shared outside of CBSA or CSIS.

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
I need Some help. We sent Schedule A it is for a faimly member turning 18 ,For my sister the form was fully done and at the last there was signature so we get the copy of that form in hard copy and done signatureon it afterthat we scanned it and uploaded on Ircc webform, After 3 months the said send it again and sign this form my hand. Plz tell me how to sign on Schedule A form.Your help will be highly appreciated. Thanks
You need to print the Schedule A, sign it in ink, then scan and upload it.

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
Hi guys,

This may be a stupid question.
My wife did the medical so it is sent to Canadian visa center back home.
Since I am in Canada and she is an out land applicant, do I have to get a copy the medical or just upload the reference number details paper, which hospital provided to her?
Each doctor that is approved by IRCC uses a special portal to upload the medical results. You do not do anything other than provide them with a copy of the medical request letter (IMM 1017E - Medical Instructions and Medical Report). In some instances the doctor will just ask for the IME number, which is on the Medical Request Letter. That IME number (Independent Medical Exam Number) is unique to your file, and is what ties the completed medical report to your immigration file. The doctor logs into the immigration IME portal directly and uploads the information including a photo of the primary applicant/dependent.

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a

Mucho268

Dec 8, 2020
Everyone is different on when or if an interview is requested. I see interviews being requested a fair amount during the eligibility check phase but can also be requested at any time when the file is being reviewed by the officer. All files are reviewed first by an analyst to confirm completeness and correctness, then officers take over and review throughout the process. I have seen interview requests just prior to eligibility being granted, at background check, after medical done but not yet approved, and during background check. Then from time to time I see interviews being scheduled due to the final officer review phase, the reviewing officer having questions about the file during the final decision-making process. I would say that more files are approved without an interview, than with an interview. But each file is different.
Thanks,called immigration and I was told they working on my background check so hopefully no interview

Reactions: BCTechy

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
Not sure the answers to 1 and 3, but I believe a COPR is issued for 5 years or the PA’s passport’s expiry date, whichever is sooner. I’m guessing their passport expires after 2027?
COPR never expires. The date that you must land by and then meeting your residency obligations are another matter.

Last edited:

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Hello,

i am a PR since july 2021 and applied for spousal sponsorship (outland) on sept 1 2022. We have not received any AOR yet. Anyone with the same situation? How long is an estimated AOR timeline please?

US2CanApp

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
Wife received AOR Nov. 2, Biometrics request Nov. 4.

Was able to link account in GCKey same day received AOR with no problems. New immigration tracker can't find application, tried sponsor and applicant UCI, etc. Tried just the State for place of birth. Tried entering wife's first and middle names, tried married and maiden last name.

Outland, from United States.

diya_tj

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Hi,
I am in process of applying for Spouse sponsorship , using ONLINE PORTAL and planing to submit whatsap chat as a supporting document but its not in english so need to find a Malayalam - English translator.
Anybody knows any services that would do the translation ( Malayalam - English)?