+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

garryrandhawa

Star Member
Jan 12, 2020
Hey, yes Voter ID, 10th, 12th marksheets are acceptable. Its on website if you search for country specific requirements and then check for India. You can in addition to this also add NO RECORD FOUND certificate by suvidha centre that he never had birth certificate (make sure to include other documents like marksheets and voter id)
Hi thank you for the response. I did check in the country specific requirement and it says:

If a birth is registered late, include a copy of the original baptism certificate AND copies of other original documents establishing identity such as:
  • Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
  • Voter's ID card.

The old school records line if written in "AND" so it confused me.

Lili611

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
Hi everyone
I am asking on behalf of my uncle
He’s here in Canada with visitor visa, and applied for inland with his 2 children outside
They got their copr numbers on the tracker, and PPR for the kids. Do you know how long to get eCOPR for him, so the kids can come to Canada for landing? Thank you IAD

Kaka kaka

Nov 28, 2020
I am filling Schedule A Background Declaration IMM 5669. It asks for personal details of my father and mother. They both don't have a family name so shall I write their given/first name under family name? In the instructions section it says that you need to write given name in the family name section if you don't have a family name. II am not sure if this applies to only Principal Applicant or their family members too. Will really appreciate the help

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am filling Schedule A Background Declaration IMM 5669. It asks for personal details of my father and mother. They both don't have a family name so shall I write their given/first name under family name? In the instructions section it says that you need to write given name in the family name section if you don't have a family name. II am not sure if this applies to only Principal Applicant or their family members too. Will really appreciate the help
Yes. If you feel the need you can include a short letter to confirm this is how you completed.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
A question for experts:
Has there been any change in getting TRVs, while spousal application is in process? Previously, I know it was next to impossible.
Reason: I will be marrying out of Canada in few months time. Due to health reasons my parents wont be able to fly and attend the ceremony. My mom has a surgery early next year. And I was hoping if there is a way to bring my wife here and meet my mom before her surgery.
if not Visitor Visa.... is student visa a possibility? Have you read / heard an applicant on spouse visa going to canada on student visa? Any thoughts?

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
A question for experts:
Has there been any change in getting TRVs, while spousal application is in process? Previously, I know it was next to impossible.
Reason: I will be marrying out of Canada in few months time. Due to health reasons my parents wont be able to fly and attend the ceremony. My mom has a surgery early next year. And I was hoping if there is a way to bring my wife here and meet my mom before her surgery.
if not Visitor Visa.... is student visa a possibility? Have you read / heard an applicant on spouse visa going to canada on student visa? Any thoughts?
Yes but every case is different. For example, my wife is from Ukraine and we applied for the PR outland in January. The war started in February, and IRCC recommended we apply for the TRV which takes 2 weeks in order to get her out of Ukraine and in Canada where it is safe. They said that once she arrives in Canada, the application would be switched to an inland so that a virtual landing could be completed when the time comes. When she arrived, she was given a work permit automatically, with validity for three years.

Now saying all of this, you need to keep in mind that there is a special program for Ukrainians (CUAET) in order to get them to safety. So not all TRV applications will be treated the same. In your case, if your spouse is not from Ukraine, you can apply and have an answer in roughly two weeks. The TRV is definitely viewed as a separate application that is not tied to the PR application. But that being said the officer that reviews the TRV application will review the noted in the PR application and be aware of it. The TRV request will be processed relatively quickly if your PR application is fairly far along in the process.

The cautionary part of this is that if you show signs that your spouse intends on not returning to her home country, the TRV will be denied. So if I was to apply under the normal visitor stream, I would make sure to show proof of a plan to return to the home country.

Xxstreamer69xx

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022
A question for experts:
Apply for TRV first before applying for sponsorship. We got rejected twice even after applying with all proper documents. I've also spoken to a few people who got rejected. They reason was the officer does not believe that the applicant will return after TRV expires. Which you can't even fight. It's contradictory that you're applying for TRV and sponsorship. In some cases they do approve it but chances are slim. I'd definitely suggest you apply for TRV then sponsorship. This way she can be with you and you can even apply for inland sponsorship or owp while she's here, which is much faster than outland.

Jitinsingh

Jul 29, 2020
Hello, I received PPR today. The copr number has been updated in tracker for past many week but I have not received COPR yet. Any idea when I should expect copr? Is it after ppr usually? Thanks for your help.

Jitinsingh

Jul 29, 2020
Can u share your timeline?

Applied online - April 10
AOR - June 12
Status update - June 12 (completeness check
done)
Biometric - June 16
Medical request - June 28
Medical Completed - July 7
Eligibility completed - August 4
Background verification done - August 4
Invitation to pre arrival services - August 5 (CPC Ottawa, as per the email)
COPR number updated in Tracker - September 20
PPR Received - October 25
Passport submission appointment - October 27

I am not sure when we will get the COPR, is it after ppr usually?

musalodhi

Aug 9, 2021
I am a permanent resident of Canada my wife was my dependant in my application. Our baby was born after my application was approved. We tried to add our daughter but IRCC didnt accepted the request instead they asked to sponsor the child meanwhile my wife application was approved and she visited Canada to get PR card and complete landing process. But at Entry they asked to bring the baby whom they denied to add. Also they are not Granting my wife PR because she has a dependant. What to do now. Kindly guide Thank You.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am a permanent resident of Canada my wife was my dependant in my application. Our baby was born after my application was approved. We tried to add our daughter but IRCC didnt accepted the request instead they asked to sponsor the child meanwhile my wife application was approved and she visited Canada to get PR card and complete landing process. But at Entry they asked to bring the baby whom they denied to add. Also they are not Granting my wife PR because she has a dependant. What to do now. Kindly guide Thank You.
This is strange advice, and from what's reported here, wrong - IRCC should indeed have added your daughter. You'll have to contact IRCC (with whatever you have in correspondence about this) to straighten it out.

It's my guess that whoever responded didn't know OR that there was some misunderstanding about what was to be done.