+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The email I received this morning on approved PR asked me to fill out some info about myself and each member and some of the questions I answered about the PA and dependent is if we are currently in Canada. So should I expect the dependent PPR after the reply of the email?
Don't know, honestly - I'd call IRCC. They do not seem well organized for families that have members in different places at this stage.

Reactions: TNBR

jm90

Jan 10, 2019
Hi, I applied online INLAND... I am a PR and applied only for my spouse.

Applied online... Aug 27 (Office Mississauga)
AOR ... Sep 9
Medical requested ... Sep 9
Medical complete and updated on PR tracker ... Sep 14
Pre-arrival letter ... Oct 12
(You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent
Residence (APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted
shortly.) ... Oct 13

I wanted to ask what is this last letter? Also, why is everything happening so fast. It has not even been 2 months...

Reactions: khsuhas and diya_tj

TNBR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
App. Filed.......
March 15,2022
Med's Request
August 26,2022
Med's Done....
September 9, 2022
Hi, I applied online INLAND... I am a PR and applied only for my spouse.

Applied online... Aug 27 (Office Mississauga)
AOR ... Sep 9
Medical requested ... Sep 9
Medical complete and updated on PR tracker ... Sep 14
Pre-arrival letter ... Oct 12
(You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent
Residence (APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted
shortly.) ... Oct 13

I wanted to ask what is this last letter? Also, why is everything happening so fast. It has not even been 2 months...
That is sponsor approval approving you as a sponsor. Every case is different and yours going fast you should just be happy and grateful and keep hoping the remaining steps still go as fast.

Reetu B

Mar 22, 2022
Hi
We submitted file through representative via paper based so i tried GC key after putting all the information correctly it is showing representative have access to remove submit form
So how to get gckey access??

siddartha

Oct 23, 2011
Hi Team,
I applied the outland spouse PR application from india on dec 2021. Yesterday i got the pre-arrival services letter. How many days it takes to get the passport request ?

Thanks in advance

Sii

May 14, 2020
Hey everyone,

I have done and passed my medical tests and biometrics, received my pre-arrival services letter. My security clearance passed and was sent to IRCC for processing (though i doubt they have processed that yet as they take awhile). I've just received a letter today to say that i have met the eligibility as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. This part of the letter confused me:

Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time.

I do have other family members that i have listed in the application merely for background check purposes and they are NOT listed as accompanying family members. Does this security check apply to them too? This kinda threw me off a little. Wondering if anyone has thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Dec 5, 2021
Anybody with same issue ??
November 2021 applicant
Medical and Biometrics completed on February
VO - CPC Ottawa
Ghost updates - 2 or 3 every beginning of the month for past 7 months and then nothing
No PPR or COPR yet ?

TNBR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
App. Filed.......
March 15,2022
Med's Request
August 26,2022
Med's Done....
September 9, 2022
Hi Team,
I applied the outland spouse PR application from india on dec 2021. Yesterday i got the pre-arrival services letter. How many days it takes to get the passport request ?

Thanks in advance
Might take a day or two or longer personally I got my PPR a day after my Pre arrival

Xxstreamer69xx

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022
Anybody with same issue ??
November 2021 applicant
Medical and Biometrics completed on February
VO - CPC Ottawa
Ghost updates - 2 or 3 every beginning of the month for past 7 months and then nothing
No PPR or COPR yet ?
Our VO are different but we also applied November 2021. Completed medical and biometrics in April. Got regular ghost updates every week until October 5. No updates since then. GC key was last update October 3.
From what I read from the forums, Ottawa VO seems to be very active. I've seen people get ppr/copr within 6-8 months. Some even faster. Weird that you're still waiting. Maybe reach out to them via webform and see if they have any updates.

Ste_Vege

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Hi,

I am Canadian (from Quebec) and my wife is Italian. We live in UK and we would like to move to Quebec via the inland spousal sponsorship. We would move to Quebec from UK with my wife entering as 'visitor' using her Italian passport and we would then apply inland so that we can be together during the application process and she can start working with an OWP.

First of all, is this allowed?
She is allowed to stay 6 months as visitor, but then after that what would we do? can she renew her visitor 'visa' based on the fact that we submitted an application? Could she be refused an extension to her visitor visa therefore having to leave the country and jeopardising our application?

At the border, does she need to declare she is entering for tourism or immigration purposes?

Reactions: Kiikii

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
First of all, is this allowed?
She is allowed to stay 6 months as visitor, but then after that what would we do? can she renew her visitor 'visa' based on the fact that we submitted an application? Could she be refused an extension to her visitor visa therefore having to leave the country and jeopardising our application?

At the border, does she need to declare she is entering for tourism or immigration purposes?
Yes, she can do that. Refusals to extensions are relatively rare esp for those who submit the sponsorship application before the extension request. (And actual removals for pending spouse applications more or less unheard of, well, unless something really wrong)

It is best at border if she is just coming for a visit of uncertain length. Do not outright lie of course; changing mind while in Canada is not illegal.

Note, it is far, far better if she arrives with normal amount of luggage etc for someone visiting, not with all worldly possessions.

Separate issue of you shipping your own household goods (if you have goods to follow that is).

Sasha2021

Star Member
Dec 3, 2021
Hi everyone
Is there a low income cut off for spousal sponsorship?
If someone has a part time job for a year, can they be a sponsor?

Sasha2021

Star Member
Dec 3, 2021
I had read that a newcomer has to work and pay tax for 1 year before they can sponsor their spouse. Now I can't find this information. Does this obligation still exist?

Canada429

Star Member
Jun 1, 2021
In spousal sponsorship, do we need to show proof of fund during the landing procedure at airport? Can an officer ask for proof of fund during landing if a person is sponsered through spousal sponsorship?

frange

May 25, 2018
In spousal sponsorship, do we need to show proof of fund during the landing procedure at airport? Can an officer ask for proof of fund during landing if a person is sponsered through spousal sponsorship?
NO.... You don't need financial proof to submit the sponsorship application.
BUT... The officer can ask you HOW are you going to support your family? You have to find a job right the submission OR ready to demonstrate your financial proof.
No, the officer will not ask that at the airport since it's a sponsorship program. The sponsor sign an agreement to support the sponsored person for X years.
For the economic program( Skilled worker), Yes they can ask for financial proof since the person is immigrated on his own and have to be ready to show how he/she will support him/her- self.