+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Parmeet kaur67

Star Member
May 16, 2018
I think almost all employers provide PDFs now for employment confirmation, not 'signed originals.'

If I understand your question.
Hello, I really appreciate your response. Yes, I meant the same. I just read the question for employment clearly now and it says submit original letter of employment and that confused me as my employer sent me a pdf which i printed and attached with the application, so after reading that I got worried that did I need a signed originals. Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello, I really appreciate your response. Yes, I meant the same. I just read the question for employment clearly now and it says submit original letter of employment and that confused me as my employer sent me a pdf which i printed and attached with the application, so after reading that I got worried that did I need a signed originals. Thanks
Then the electronic is 'the original.'

I can't speak specifically to this for employment letter (wasn't needed in our case), but, for example, PCC from the country we received it from is now only issued in electronic form; IRCC documentation still insists it must be original. It wasn't a problem.

In other words, IRCC is aware that this is how the world works now (at least for many things), and they're not trying to punish people for no reason, as long as the documents are genuine of course.

Parmeet kaur67

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Then the electronic is 'the original.'

I can't speak specifically to this for employment letter (wasn't needed in our case), but, for example, PCC from the country we received it from is now only issued in electronic form; IRCC documentation still insists it must be original. It wasn't a problem.

In other words, IRCC is aware that this is how the world works now (at least for many things), and they're not trying to punish people for no reason, as long as the documents are genuine of course.
Makes sense. Thank you!

Jul 15, 2022
Hi Everyone,
I submitted a Spousal Sponsorship along with a Open Work Permit (Paper Based) last year. My wife got her AOR on Dec 2021 along with the creation of the online portal account. However she never received any AOR for the open work permit. Does anyone know how this process works.

GL2019

Star Member
Jun 13, 2022
hey guys, my wife's file got moved to Beirut, Lebanon. Anyone had experience with that office and how fast is their processing compared to other countries.

sngr09

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
hi folks i have question about visa office after spousal approval. SA shows file will be transferred to New Delhi for further processing. But when i call ircc ,agent says its Ottawa . Which one is correct ?

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Hi Everyone,
I submitted a Spousal Sponsorship along with a Open Work Permit (Paper Based) last year. My wife got her AOR on Dec 2021 along with the creation of the online portal account. However she never received any AOR for the open work permit. Does anyone know how this process works.
Hi,
Is your application Inland?

Krishna1993

Jul 4, 2022
Hello Everyone,

Just posting my Timeline so it will be helpful for everyone. I am hoping everyone will get their results soon.

Application Date :- Feb 1, 2022
Application Type :- Inland Spousal Sponsorship and Spousal Open Work permit
Application Mode :- Paper application
Medical Request :- March 22 , 2022
Medical Update :- March 30, 2022
No updates after that on anything.
Work Permit Approval letter :- April 22, 2022
Work permit received in mail within a Week.
Spousal Sponsorship Approval Email :- June 22, 2022
Replied on the same day to get credentials.
No credentials so raised a web form nothing happened, emailed again . no action
Credentials Received :- July 4th 2022
Photo and Address in Canada provided :- July 4th 2022
eCOPR :- July 6th 2022
PR Card in Mail :- July 20th 2022

I didn't get request for Biometrics as my Biometrics was done when I did my visitor visa application and it was valid. It's quick in my case as I was in United States for last 7 years.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
hi folks i have question about visa office after spousal approval. SA shows file will be transferred to New Delhi for further processing. But when i call ircc ,agent says its Ottawa . Which one is correct ?
Probably what the agent says, although that could change later.

But a question: can you name a specific reason for which it matters?

Hanouni

Star Member
Jun 20, 2022
Hello Everyone,

Just posting my Timeline so it will be helpful for everyone. I am hoping everyone will get their results soon.

Application Date :- Feb 1, 2022
Application Type :- Inland Spousal Sponsorship and Spousal Open Work permit
Application Mode :- Paper application
Medical Request :- March 22 , 2022
Medical Update :- March 30, 2022
No updates after that on anything.
Work Permit Approval letter :- April 22, 2022
Work permit received in mail within a Week.
Spousal Sponsorship Approval Email :- June 22, 2022
Replied on the same day to get credentials.
No credentials so raised a web form nothing happened, emailed again . no action
Credentials Received :- July 4th 2022
Photo and Address in Canada provided :- July 4th 2022
eCOPR :- July 6th 2022
PR Card in Mail :- July 20th 2022

I didn't get request for Biometrics as my Biometrics was done when I did my visitor visa application and it was valid. It's quick in my case as I was in United States for last 7 years.
Hini received my request for visa letter and I sent a webform on monday 18 july that i am inside canada but I didn’t even get a confirmation do you think i should send another one?

sngr09

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
Probably what the agent says, although that could change later.

But a question: can you name a specific reason for which it matters?
Reason for this : New Delhi office very slow and lots of applications stucks as compared to Ottawa . Correct me if m wrong .