+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Regarding above: Could you please kindly point to where this information can be found? As it's stated at https://ircc.canada.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp:
  • "Official documents issued by this country must be government-certified true copies (copies certified as authentic by the issuing governmental authority, signed and sealed)."
I won't try to parse the website, other than to say:
-it also says that docs in English/French do not need to be translated, and the 'true copy' requirement for the most part flows out of the requirement to get a translation (the doc being translated or a copy needs to be attached).

-passports by their very nature are intended to be documents that can be recognized by other countries and there are widely accepted standards for what goes in them (by international bodies in the UN system).

Of course if you wish to pay more money to get that done, you're welcome to, and I'm just a sirmadam on the internet.

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
You lost me in that forest of a sentence, but still it's clear:
-documents in English or French (which would include passports from every country I'm aware of) do not need to be translated, and regular photocopies fine (unless directed otherwise of course). Some people like to get notarized copies of these thigns, that's fine if they want - it won't hurt.

-for most countries, 'certified true copy plus certified translation' means eg notary or similar certifies the copy, certified translator certifies the translation. (Yes, I know this for a fact and from experience, for many/most if not all countries in the larger European space anyway).

-there are sometimes specific requirements for certain documents (eg original) in certain countries.

-some/several countries in latin america - it's required that govt certify the copy.

-I mostly agree with the comment that because CAnada doesn't adhere to the Hague convention about apostilles, Apostille per se is not needed. But I'm not sure that there's a big difference in practice between the govt certification and the Apostille for Mexico. [Side note: the reverse direction for Canadian docs in Apostillophile countries IS a big deal because it means a notarized copy from any province has to go to Foreign Affairs and is a royal pain.]

-But seriously: the easiest way is to ask someone local who does this for a living. If it were me, I would look up on google maps the closest Notary/Translation bureau in Mexico city to the Canadian Embassy and ask them what is needed for the Canadian Embassy's immigration section. They'll know.
That is a bit of a dense forest, I agree,

I agree more with the common sense advice "to ask someone local who does it for a living".
I won't try to parse the website, other than to say:
-it also says that docs in English/French do not need to be translated, and the 'true copy' requirement for the most part flows out of the requirement to get a translation (the doc being translated or a copy needs to be attached).

-passports by their very nature are intended to be documents that can be recognized by other countries and there are widely accepted standards for what goes in them (by international bodies in the UN system).

Of course if you wish to pay more money to get that done, you're welcome to, and I'm just a sirmadam on the internet.

Sorry about that, guys, didn't mean for it to be as dense as it was! No offence was meant, we are just two very concerned folks.

Thanks a lot for your input on this. We will follow your suggestions to find more info from a local source. :D

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Sorry about that, guys, didn't mean for it to be as dense as it was! No offence was meant, we are just two very concerned folks.
No worries, and good luck. Honestly a bit of a mystery to me why such a pain, it's not a small country etc. I read some spanish and much easier to figure out how this is done in spain for example.

Other source to look woudl be spanish-language forums in Canada, I'm sure other mexicans here have dealt with it.

Jazzed

Star Member
Jan 15, 2022

Thanks a lot for your input on this. We will follow your suggestions to find more info from a local source. :D
I think you got the best advice from @armoured which is to ask locals. I had the same government-certified requirements but my consulate did it. Mexico doesn't seem that simple. Would love to know how it turns out! I am forever curious. Good luck with everything.

Jazzed

Star Member
Jan 15, 2022
No I am not saying that at all.

Just for clarification That's an extract from the Mexican Consulate. They don't do any certification of Mexican documents nor do certain documents need to be certified. I added that update because in my earlier response I suggested the Consulate to the OP.

Based on my research that is not an option for the OP.

They still need to do some research on the *government certified* aspect. It was easier for me as my Consulate does it and had clear instructions and fees. As discussed IRCC is rather inconsistent with its application of its own guidelines.

I won't say you are wrong (even though I believe that to be the case), but are your sure that Mexican documents "to be recognized in Canada must be submitted for an apostille? I ask that because Canada is not a signatory to the Apostille Convention, so I am surprised Canada would impose that requirement. An odd position for a non-convention member to take. To seek compliance with the convention, without being a part of it. Moreover, the page you have linked does not, to my eye, say anything about what Canada requires, which would be surprising if it were otherwise.

I am reinforced in my view of the matter, since the apostille requirement is not mentioned as a country-specific requirement for Mexico. My authority for saying that is here:

https://ircc.canada.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

There, you will see, inter alia:

Mexico – Instruction(s) for documents
  • Official documents issued by this country must be government-certified true copies (copies certified as authentic by the issuing governmental authority, signed and sealed).
  • For divorces obtained in Mexico, please submit the following documents :
    • Divorce certificate issued by the Registro Civil;
    • Divorce Court Order issued by the Family Judge.

Shabash

Feb 4, 2022
Hi,

Application delieverd to sydney office NS on March 17th 2022 no AOR until now. Please advise tried all the trackers and webform no info.

Also my wifes education is being delayed due to this can she apply for a student visa while her spousal PR process is under way ?

Jun 9, 2022
Hi ,

Good Morning!

I’ve received pre arrival services letter on May 18 2022 and when I checked on monday 6th june 2022 it showed decision made.

Sponsorship Application Status: Decision Made
When checked in Prt-srp.apps.cic.gc.ca portal : It states application IN PROGRESS and everything is completed (including background verification )

When I click on Decision Made :

We received your application for permanent residence on January 11, 2022.
We started processing your application on April 14, 2022.
We sent you medical instructions on April 14, 2022. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
4. Medical results have been received

Can someone please assist me with this.

Regards,
Sreeharikaramidi

Reactions: manisingh2301

kapilarora

Star Member
May 2, 2015
Hey Group Members,

Need sone expert advice. We applied for Spousal Work permit for my brother's wife in Dec '21 and completed all the required formalities. They are married from more than 9 years and have a daughter as well proving the marriage is genuine. Further funds shown were enough in their joint account. Today we got an update that the visa for her has been rejected (owing that my brother's status is student and he can not support them)

Anybody else have come across the same scenario or have heard about somebody, can you please explain next course of action.

Any lead would be really helpful.

Thanks

Mrmoody90

May 25, 2017
Hi everyone,

Medical results received by IRCC and update on client status (30th May 2021)

Dear XYZ,
In order to continue processing your application please pay RPRF.

I got the RPRF request letter today, I paid the fees and uploaded successfully. (09th June 2021)

Question 1. When exactly do you get the RPRF letter ?

Question 2. Is this a good sign ?

Question 3. What to be expected next ?

Thanks

vidhu88

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
You don't need any of the "supporting documents" that you suggested for OWP application with inland spousal sponsorship.
Thanks for responding to my query. Could you kindly confirm if education evaluation (WES), employment reference letters, IELTS is required when applying for an in-land spousal PR application?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Reactions: YVR123

a.nasser

May 18, 2022
Hello! Im hoping someone here could help me! I got all the applications filled out and the checklist as well but im very confused as to where to find appendix A? I cant find this form anywhere

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey Group Members,

Need sone expert advice. We applied for Spousal Work permit for my brother's wife in Dec '21 and completed all the required formalities. They are married from more than 9 years and have a daughter as well proving the marriage is genuine. Further funds shown were enough in their joint account. Today we got an update that the visa for her has been rejected (owing that my brother's status is student and he can not support them)

Anybody else have come across the same scenario or have heard about somebody, can you please explain next course of action.

Any lead would be really helpful.

Thanks
Wrong part of the forum. Post in the Foreign Workers section.