+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Jun 9, 2022
Hi guys, new to this forum.

I applied for my wife's sponsorship on March 28, 2022 (Paper based). Got AOR on June 4, 2022 but nothing after that and I am not able to register in the new online tracker. It has been more than 9 days since the AOR so is it normal that I still can't register in the new tracking system?
Yeah! Its normal. Just wait for an another week or so.

Curious_Man

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Hi everyone, just a quick question to confirm my reading of the medical request letter. Where it says I have 30 days to undergo examination, that refers to the actual medical being performed within 30 days - not strictly speaking IRCC also receiving the results from the medical Clinique within 30 days - correct? Just in case if my Clinique of choice wouldn't be the most efficient and they send the results after the 30 day period...

Thank you in advance!

sngr09

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
Hi guys, new to this forum.

I applied for my wife's sponsorship on March 28, 2022 (Paper based). Got AOR on June 4, 2022 but nothing after that and I am not able to register in the new online tracker. It has been more than 9 days since the AOR so is it normal that I still can't register in the new tracking system?
Same here I received aor on june 1 but no update so far.

sentraj

Nov 16, 2016
Hi,

I received an email from CPC Sydney intake office as below. Please let me know if I need to take action on this.

Dear Sentraj,

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of <My Wife name>and family(if applicable).

A refund in the amount of $85.00 has been initiated. If you paid by credit card account. Otherwise, a cheque will be mailed to you at the indicated address above in apprx 6 weeks to 8 weeks.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,

I received an email from CPC Sydney intake office as below. Please let me know if I need to take action on this.
A refund in the amount of $85.00 has been initiated. If you paid by credit card account. Otherwise, a cheque will be mailed to you at the indicated address above in apprx 6 weeks to 8 weeks.
Nothing to worry about or action required.

$85 is the biometrics fee, you either overpaid for number of people or one of your family members already has a biometric that they consider still valid. (Instructions still say required but as covid measure they are accepting biometrics given for other visas)

sentraj

Nov 16, 2016
Nothing to worry about or action required.

$85 is the biometrics fee, you either overpaid for number of people or one of your family members already has a biometric that they consider still valid. (Instructions still say required but as covid measure they are accepting biometrics given for other visas)
Appreciate your quick response on this. I can be happy that they are looking into my sponsorship file. I believe this step is saved in my case and move ahead.

Have a blessed day.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
May be this is the right place to post this question..Grateful for your advice and guidance.....Hi everyone - I was wondering if someone can guide me about the spousal sponsorship. Canadian man - and Moroccan woman. I have been reading few cases here - and i saw some are even waiting for 4 years! Im heartbroken to read that. its so unjust. Me and my fiance would like to marry asap. But then i dont want to leave her there for 4-5 years. I can't leave my job here as well. Is it possible to bring her on Visit Visa and then marrying her here possible or advisable? Or on Student visa? She can genuinely pursue some post grad degree, which will give her canadian educational experience. And while she is studying - i can start her process here. If anyone can guide me - I'll be sincerely grateful.

Reactions: Kiikii

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
May be this is the right place to post this question..Grateful for your advice and guidance.....Hi everyone - I was wondering if someone can guide me about the spousal sponsorship. Canadian man - and Moroccan woman. I have been reading few cases here - and i saw some are even waiting for 4 years! Im heartbroken to read that. its so unjust. Me and my fiance would like to marry asap. But then i dont want to leave her there for 4-5 years. I can't leave my job here as well. Is it possible to bring her on Visit Visa and then marrying her here possible or advisable? Or on Student visa? She can genuinely pursue some post grad degree, which will give her canadian educational experience. And while she is studying - i can start her process here. If anyone can guide me - I'll be sincerely grateful.
-Unlikely you'd have the long experience of others. Most files get done in less than a year. (It's possible it was a specific issue with some Moroccan files, and possibly of reverse profile of you and your spouse - don't know for sure).

-But if you want to avoid troubles - look at the application package CAREFULLY and address any weaknesses. The obvious ones are not having spent much time together, little proof of contact, and ongoing support, and evidence of meeting friends/relatives on both sides. The type/size of wedding can make a difference, but depends on other factors.

-You can apply for visitor visa for her. She may or may not get. It may be better for her to apply for it before wedding.

-Student visa: sure, if cost works and education program makes sense in her educational/career perspective.

Jasaman

Mar 24, 2021
Hi i have question regarding my husband’s sponsorship. We have got medical request and my husband did his medical on last Friday. Can anyone please tell me is there any reference number we have to upload or directly panal physicians will send medical to ircc directly. ??

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
-Unlikely you'd have the long experience of others. Most files get done in less than a year. (It's possible it was a specific issue with some Moroccan files, and possibly of reverse profile of you and your spouse - don't know for sure).

-But if you want to avoid troubles - look at the application package CAREFULLY and address any weaknesses. The obvious ones are not having spent much time together, little proof of contact, and ongoing support, and evidence of meeting friends/relatives on both sides. The type/size of wedding can make a difference, but depends on other factors.

-You can apply for visitor visa for her. She may or may not get. It may be better for her to apply for it before wedding.

-Student visa: sure, if cost works and education program makes sense in her educational/career perspective.
Firstly, thank you for responding back. Wow. you have literally opened my eyes to possibilities. My concern is the same in both - Will CIC ask her to leave Canada and go to home country to start the spousal sponsorship process?

1- Visitor Visa - she can visit canada with her parents on visitor visa. Most probably she will get it - visiting for summer. But once she is here, if we proceed for marriage. After marriage paper work, if i apply for spousal sponsorship, can she stay in Canada beyond her Visitor Visa validity?
Or the canadian government will ask her to go back to Morocco to start the spousal sponsorship process from home country?

2-Student visa - it wil be just 1.5 yr cost. - not an issue. She may be able to get in a 4yr program at university. In Morocco its only 3 yrs of Bachelors, so if she transfers those credits, perhaps taking 1-1.5 yr of courses in Canadian uni, will give her Canadian degree. But my concern is the same ...once she comes here for education on study permit and then I initiate the marriage here. We can do the ceremony in Canada and her parents can fly here. Then apply for spousal sponsorship here in Canada. Will CiC ask her to leave Canada and start the process from Morocco?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Will CIC ask her to leave Canada and go to home country to start the spousal sponsorship process?
No.

1- Visitor Visa - she can visit canada with her parents on visitor visa. Most probably she will get it - visiting for summer. But once she is here, if we proceed for marriage. After marriage paper work, if i apply for spousal sponsorship, can she stay in Canada beyond her Visitor Visa validity?
Or the canadian government will ask her to go back to Morocco to start the spousal sponsorship process from home country?
If she has a visitor visa, she'll be let in for six months. After that can apply to extend. They're routinely granted for spousal cases.

2-Student visa - it wil be just 1.5 yr cost. - not an issue. She may be able to get in a 4yr program at university. In Morocco its only 3 yrs of Bachelors, so if she transfers those credits, perhaps taking 1-1.5 yr of courses in Canadian uni, will give her Canadian degree. But my concern is the same ...once she comes here for education on study permit and then I initiate the marriage here. We can do the ceremony in Canada and her parents can fly here. Then apply for spousal sponsorship here in Canada. Will CiC ask her to leave Canada and start the process from Morocco?
As above, really, but extensions beyond regular student likely wouldn't be needed.

Reactions: Kiikii

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Firstly, thank you for responding back. Wow. you have literally opened my eyes to possibilities. My concern is the same in both - Will CIC ask her to leave Canada and go to home country to start the spousal sponsorship process?

1. Does she current have a visitor visa? As replied, if she does, then it's usually not an issue for people to extend their stay before the 6 months visitor status is expired. How old is she? If she is an adult, I think she needs to show her own finance and tie to home country for her visitor visa application.

2. Do not make assumption. If she is serious on bridging her degree in Canada, try to apply or at least enquire at the university that she is interested in. If she already has a bachelor degree, applying for a study permit for yet another bachelor degree of a similar field usually is not a good eduation plan to advance her career. Good luck with the study permit application.

Reactions: InfoSeeker12

Simplitario

Star Member
May 4, 2022
What does Decision Made in ECAS mean?

Permanent Residence

1. We received your application for permanent residence on November XX, 2021.
2. We started processing your application on March XX, 2022.
3. We sent you medical instructions on March XX, 2022. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
4. Medical results have been received.

Jack22

May 31, 2022
What does Decision Made in ECAS mean?

Permanent Residence

1. We received your application for permanent residence on November XX, 2021.
2. We started processing your application on March XX, 2022.
3. We sent you medical instructions on March XX, 2022. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
4. Medical results have been received.
Then you should check your email or online account and congratulation

Reactions: Simplitario

Wale_ha

Jan 4, 2022
My application arrived at the office in Sydney June 8, 8/6/2022. The Applicant is for my spouse, a Palestinian residing in Saudi Arabia. The Sponsor is PR. Could you add us, please?