+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Udeykaran

Apr 14, 2020
Not sure if there is a significant difference, but some members are receiving AOR in 60 days. Regarding PCC, not sure which country it is from , i hope it will be accepted, usually if they want original they might request for it. The rational thinking is, for online process we submit the soft copy of the same. Finger crossed hoping best for you
PCC is from india (state punjab)

Canuck11

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
Hi, I submitted my application for outland PR (spousal sponsorship) on March 18, 2022 using the online portal, and have not heard anything since. I see that several applicants who submitted applications after March 18 have already received an AOR. Is it too soon for me to call IRCC to check on the status. I don’t want to irritate anyone, but I am very anxious to receive an AOR and would like to know where my application stands at the moment. Any advice would be appreciated.
Yes, it is definitely far too soon to start worrying about this. If you call IRCC they will tell you the same thing - that you are well within normal processing times.

Alokuk692

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Hi Guys my wife received a PPR on June 3 and we have sent her passport for stamping. Will the COPR arrive back with the passport and if not then when is COPR issued?

Sep'21 applicant Outland from India

Thanks

vidhu88

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Hi

Could anyone guide me if we need employment reference letters and education credential evaluation from WES when applying for an open work permit for a spouse? Also, how can one get PCC from India while being in Canada?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi

Could anyone guide me if we need employment reference letters and education credential evaluation from WES when applying for an open work permit for a spouse? Also, how can one get PCC from India while being in Canada?
You don't need any of the "supporting documents" that you suggested for OWP application with inland spousal sponsorship.

robgold

Jun 6, 2022
Yes, it is definitely far too soon to start worrying about this. If you call IRCC they will tell you the same thing - that you are well within normal processing times.
Thanks. I have a couple of somewhat related questions. My spouse is a Canadian citizen and is sponsoring me for PR. We uploaded his sponsorship application together with my PR application and supporting papers. Will he get a separate notice regarding his application to sponsor me, in addition to the AOR for my PR application? Is there any way for him to track his sponsorship application? Thanks!

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021
Thanks. I have a couple of somewhat related questions. My spouse is a Canadian citizen and is sponsoring me for PR. We uploaded his sponsorship application together with my PR application and supporting papers. Will he get a separate notice regarding his application to sponsor me, in addition to the AOR for my PR application? Is there any way for him to track his sponsorship application? Thanks!
Both the sponsor and the PA can sign up for a tracker account once the AOR is issued. The sponsor's tracker will only show the AOR and sponsor approval information. The PA's account will show the rest. And yes, he'll get a sponsor approval letter (meaning he's eligible to sponsor you).

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
One more tip.....If you send them an additional documents because they requested or asked for it, ADR, and your GCKey shows documents uploaded and not we've received the document you sent us, it means no officer has opened the document yet and nobody is working on it at the moment....it could take days and months and you will have to wait for them to send you a message Indicating they've received your document and that's when someone is looking into it, other than that it will still be in the uploaded mode for whatever time and only God knows how long it will take for an officer to look at it....And when an officer looks at it, you get a ghost update....Nothing changes only the message telling you they've received the update is all that changes from uploaded to we've received your document.

Jun 7, 2022
Hello everyone! I need some help.
On 12 May 2022 I got request letter saying to resubmit your Police Certificate and Schedule Background A.
And on 13th May I got Pre arrival letter.
I have submitted documents on 16th May and my status of : "Review of additional documents" is changed to Not applicable.
What will be the next step and how much time for next reply?
Thank You

Reetu B

Mar 22, 2022
On 12 May 2022 I got request letter saying to resubmit your Police Certificate and Schedule Background A.
I have submitted documents on 16th May and my status of : "Review of additional documents" is changed to Not applicable.
Thank You
Your timeline?
visa office?

Jack22

May 31, 2022
Ircc request a new pcc may 4 and i sent it on may 6. My medical is passed and biometrics is recieved both dec 3 anyone know what is the nest stage

USCAN2019

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
Thank You
How did you get police certificate so quickly? Or you didn’t submit it before?

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
Hi guys, hope everyone's having a lovely evening!

I (current PR) am sponsoring my wife (Mexican) via the inland spousal sponsorship application. We have a few questions and doubts, hoping any kind souls who've had experience with this process can help out:
  • Background: Under the Country specific requirements, it's noted as followed:
    • Mexico – Instruction(s) for documents
    • "Official documents issued by this country must be government-certified true copies (copies certified as authentic by the issuing governmental authority, signed and sealed)."
  • Questions:
    1. What are the documents that you need to get government-certified true copies of?
      • Birth certificate and passport? Anything else?
    2. How did you do get the government-certified true copies from inside Canada?
      • Did you visit the local Mexican (or your respective country) embassy?
      • Is the process different and separated for the birth certificate and the passport?
      • Please kindly outline a step-by-step process.
    3. If you had to return to Mexico or your respective country to get these certified copies from the "issuing governmental authority", please kindly share the process.
My wife has her original birth certificate here with her in Canada along with her current passport. We were initially under the impression that we just had to get them translated by a certified translator, and include a photocopy of the original and the certified translated copy in the package. We later found out that the photocopy of the originals need to be <fancy-pants>government-certified true copies</fancy-pants> as stated above.

As a veteran of this forum, I trust that there are people who've had the same questions and experience and are able to help. I combed through Google, this forum, reddit, etc., but was not able to find any clear answers. Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance! :D