+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

BelaItzy

May 15, 2022
It's hard to comment without knowing your full profile.

Generally speaking, the chances of approval are around 50/50. So yes, it's possible your visa will be refused.
I've been in Canada before for 5 months, but you believe I could have my visa refused because the immigration will know that my hunsband is a PR? Even if I pay for a English course there and use it as a justification to be there? :(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I've been in Canada before for 5 months, but you believe I could have my visa refused because the immigration will know that my hunsband is a PR? Even if I pay for a English course there and use it as a justification to be there? :(
If you've been granted a visa to Canada before, then chances are high you would be approved again.

Reactions: BelaItzy

Surfer1020

May 17, 2022
My spouse applied for inland PR 0n November 23, 2021 through the online application.
We had an immigration consultation help us.
We received a pre-AOR at end of March and did medical exam for the visitor visa record at the same time. We also got a UCI along with the record.

- Still no AOR
- No biometrics
- Applied for OWP at end of March when we received pre-AOR and UCI. No news yet.
- Cannot link application to ECAS to check, always receiving "application cannot be found"

I know everyone's case is different but I'm wondering if this sounds normal or not. I'm hoping to get the PR before August 2022. Do you think this is possible?
It's been difficult for my spouse not being able to travel because it's an inland application.
- Do you think there would be any problems leaving and coming back if my spouse has eTA to enter Canada?
- If we leave and re-enter Canada would my spouse get a new visitor visa?
- Our last visitor visa record took almost 4 months to get so that only leaves 2 months before we have to apply for another one?

Any help is much appreciated.

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Not married like I said it's common law
Not living together but spend weekends and holidays together. We have supporting reasons of not living together
That will be tough and needs more proofs to convince an officer

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
My spouse applied for inland PR 0n November 23, 2021 through the online application.
We received a pre-AOR at end of March and did medical exam for the visitor visa record at the same time. We also got a UCI along with the record.

- Still no AOR
- No biometrics
- Applied for OWP at end of March when we received pre-AOR and UCI. No news yet.
- Cannot link application to ECAS to check, always receiving "application cannot be found"

I know everyone's case is different but I'm wondering if this sounds normal or not. I'm hoping to get the PR before August 2022. Do you think this is possible?
It's been difficult for my spouse not being able to travel because it's an inland application.
- Do you think there would be any problems leaving and coming back if my spouse has eTA to enter Canada?
- Our last visitor visa record took almost 4 months to get so that only leaves 2 months before we have to apply for another one?

That won't be possible.....!! Such hopes don't exist in IRCC calendars these days especially with all these backlogs...sorry!! Some people have hopes!!

Anu.sha

Oct 16, 2021

- Still no AOR
- No biometrics

What is pre AOR?

rdot

Apr 13, 2022

- Still no AOR
- No biometrics

Just looking at the spreadsheet, most online applicants from November received their AOR between mid-March and mid-April, the most recent being more than a month ago (April 14th). Online applicants from February are already getting AOR.

rdot

Apr 13, 2022
I just sent off my inland paper spousal sponsorship yesterday morning, as its a paper application, how do I receive AOR? Do they email it or do they send a letter to my address?

Thanks a lot
We submitted an inland paper application in April and got our AOR by email. I think I recall the application saying that if you provided an email address, that’s how they would contact you.

Reactions: Callumjee

Anuradha18

Mar 2, 2022
NDVO ko saap sug gaya hai
No reply
Kindoff crazy people are just waiting waiting checking status daily in a hope that something will come but now lost hopes
Hi.. I got ADR again from NDVo with same document( schedule A) even I dnt have travel history only my husband travelled to different countries. We submitted documents throught MP as well we have the confirmation . Now they again asking because it's doesn't match with travel history of mine.. pta ni kon sa officer baitha jise kuch pta b ni LG Raha... I dnt think they are working on files they just open and ask then close the file....

• Sad
Reactions: Reetu B

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hi, I submitted my wife's documents after I added her post PPR (mine). Yesterday, her UCI number was generated. I am curious what's the next step from here?

Mine is FSW Outland application.

May 17, 2022
Hi,
I need help with my spouse case visa. Actually before marriage my husband went to Australia on visitor visa when he was there he again applied for visa when his visa was going to expire, unfortunately he got rejection but he stayed there.But in Covid lockdown in 2020 he came back to India. Now when he applied for Canada he said no by mistake where they ask about any refusal. He misunderstood the statement, he thought they are asking about the Canada refusal. Now embassy is asking about this how we can explain it to get visa.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,
I need help with my spouse case visa. Actually before marriage my husband went to Australia on visitor visa when he was there he again applied for visa when his visa was going to expire, unfortunately he got rejection but he stayed there.But in Covid lockdown in 2020 he came back to India. Now when he applied for Canada he said no by mistake where they ask about any refusal. He misunderstood the statement, he thought they are asking about the Canada refusal. Now embassy is asking about this how we can explain it to get visa.
Well now you want to respond quickly, factually, simply and apologetically.

There's not really much he can say except apologize directly and explain he misunderstood the question, and did not intend to mislead.

If you don't feel comfortable engage a lawyer. This is a misrepresentation and now pretty much the best you can do is hope they'll believe it was unintentional and let it pass. (Note: unintentional isn't actually a proper defence so you're still hoping they'll forgive)