+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

zizo67

May 3, 2022
hi guys,
i want to apply sponsorship online, i am a student in canada with study permit, I have 2 questins:
1- should i apply for open work permit at the same time with my sponcorship application? what should i do? upload the 5710 form in my account in the "Other" part?

2- can I quit my study while i'm waiting for open work permit? i think it takes several months to get open work permit

Last edited:

ummi

Star Member
Mar 29, 2012
If I apply outland sponsorship now for my spouse as I m Canadian living together from 4 months. If incase I plan to move back to canada during the process due to my studies at university ( it was online till now but from September my university will be on campus) I need to mention this in application from now or will it have a negative effect on my application as I will be back in Country after few months. Please help

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If I apply outland sponsorship now for my spouse as I m Canadian living together from 4 months. If incase I plan to move back to canada during the process due to my studies at university ( it was online till now but from September my university will be on campus) I need to mention this in application from now or will it have a negative effect on my application as I will be back in Country after few months. Please help
Are you a citizen? If you're a citizen residing abroad, you will have to show intent to return to Canada. Show your university plans, and then when you do return to Canada, update your address that you have returned as planned. This will actually help your applicaiton, at least on the part about intent to return to Canada.

If you're a PR, you can't sponsor from abroad.

stars6777

Star Member
Oct 26, 2021
Hi guys!
My husband, who is in India, just got an interview request today and it's at 10:30 am Indian time which is like 12 am at night for me here in Ontario Canada. Do you think they actually call the sponsor at such an absurd time? Has anyone else had something like this? Do they always call the sponsor or do they just conduct the interview with the pa?

Sarahmc89

Dec 24, 2017
Guys, how much time it takes for PA eligibility and background check?
Anywhere between a few days to many months. there is no set timeline. every case is different. Mine took about 3months in total from passing my medical
some people have sat at processing for up to a year.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys!
My husband, who is in India, just got an interview request today and it's at 10:30 am Indian time which is like 12 am at night for me here in Ontario Canada. Do you think they actually call the sponsor at such an absurd time? Has anyone else had something like this? Do they always call the sponsor or do they just conduct the interview with the pa?
The interview is only with him.

Reactions: YVR123

Canada429

Star Member
Jun 1, 2021
A quick question.

If PA travels out of her home country to another country for vacation while the application is in process, can this travel delay his/her application process? I beleive we will have to resubmit Supplementry IMM5562 travel history form and this would add an extra country. Can this extend background check process? If we don't update or resubmit tbis form then the passports would have ebtry/exit stamp of this new country, and it won't match upbwith the form IMM5562 submitted originally with the application.
Any expert can reply please?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you so much! I have another small question, I looked it up and it looks like I don’t have to give biometrics because I already gave one when I entered Canada as a student and I know it’s valid for 10 years. So I don’t have to pay for biometrics fee ($85) when we pay for our application right. Also it doesn’t matter if it’s either me (principal applicant) or my partner (sponsor) pay the fees right.
I don't know the details about biometrics fee. I assume since you have already done it, you do not need another one. (We didn't need biometrics back then)

As of who pays the fee, it really doesn't matter.

Sarahmc89

Dec 24, 2017
Thank you so much! I have another small question, I looked it up and it looks like I don’t have to give biometrics because I already gave one when I entered Canada as a student and I know it’s valid for 10 years. So I don’t have to pay for biometrics fee ($85) when we pay for our application right. Also it doesn’t matter if it’s either me (principal applicant) or my partner (sponsor) pay the fees right.
I had my partner (sponsor) pay the fee's credit card in his name etc. it went through fine. and as for Biometrics, I also had mine already on file so i never paid the fee, i did note in my application that already had them.
If you pay it and they have it on file already they will automatically refund you.

ricky.lambton

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Toronto
Category........
Other
I tried creating the login in the tracker portal, It is not allowing me to create one either with sponsor or applicant details.
I have submitted my application on october 21st in online method.

I honestly dont have an idea on why I havent received my AOR yet.
is there anyone in this portal who is yet to receive the AOR even after 6 months through online submission ? Thanks.
Received it after 7 months

Application date: Sep 22, 2021 Outland/Online
AOR April 28,2022

PaoM

Nov 29, 2020
Hi everyone,

Principal Applicant already have a biometrics submitted from TRV application last year(which do not have any update/movement), now PA received biometrics request on our spousal sponsorship application. Should we follow the procedure and submit another biometrics?