+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

sparkles_

Jun 26, 2020
hi all. can someone please let me know if there’s a thread which outlines in order what you receive and are requested to submit after you submit your inland application, including making accounts online to view the status of your app and such? thank you so much! i apologize if this has been asked before. having some trouble locating this in the thread

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021
hi all. can someone please let me know if there’s a thread which outlines in order what you receive and are requested to submit after you submit your inland application, including making accounts online to view the status of your app and such? thank you so much! i apologize if this has been asked before. having some trouble locating this in the thread
There is no exact order. Everyone's applications are processed differently. Typically you can't access the trackers / GCKey until you receive the AOR (which has your UCI number on it). But lots of people receive biometrics or sponsor approval or even medical exam request before the AOR. You just have to sit tight and allow your application to be processed how it will be processed.

Reactions: sparkles_

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi, I have a question please advice accordingly......I called ircc to check status of my application...I got an automated msg that
if they need more info they would contact, review of eligibility has not started, do not need medical, no interview,no biometrics, they are working on my background checks.......... so whats the total understanding of this whole......?& how much more time it might take.....just an idea. please
You need to wait....it hasn't gotten to your turn yet

waitingformyspouse

Star Member
Mar 30, 2022
Hi guys, I have been unable to sign up for ECAS account. Any idea why it could be?
We have received AOR, biometrics, medical request, SA as well.

All it says is we cannot find a file matching that information. Any help will be appreciated.

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021
Hi guys, I have been unable to sign up for ECAS account. Any idea why it could be?
We have received AOR, biometrics, medical request, SA as well.

All it says is we cannot find a file matching that information. Any help will be appreciated.
Did you apply online? Apparently online applications can't access ECAS, only GCKey and the new tracker.

Reactions: BoluVicky

alikatal

Aug 4, 2021
Hi guys, I am submitting an online outland application for my wife. I am a PR and currently living in Montreal. But I have a remote job in Toronto and intend to move to Toronto after my wife comes here. So in the imm0008, in response to "Where do you plan to live in Canada?" I selected ON, Toronto, for my wife.
Now my question is in form imm5533e; one of the supporting documents for the Sponsor is the "Employment/Source of Income". But it says: do not complete the section if you are a Quebec resident. I am not sure, in my case, that we will move to Toronto after getting my wife's PR, should we provide this document or not. Because I guess they don't ask Quebec residents because if they want to get PR for staying in Quebec, they need to apply for CSQ first, and they probably provide the proof of income there. I am not sure. Can you please help me with what I should do? Thanks.

CCTeheran

Jan 6, 2022
Barranquilla, Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
Hi guys, I am submitting an online outland application for my wife. I am a PR and currently living in Montreal. But I have a remote job in Toronto and intend to move to Toronto after my wife comes here. So in the imm0008, in response to "Where do you plan to live in Canada?" I selected ON, Toronto, for my wife.
Now my question is in form imm5533e; one of the supporting documents for the Sponsor is the "Employment/Source of Income". But it says: do not complete the section if you are a Quebec resident. I am not sure, in my case, that we will move to Toronto after getting my wife's PR, should we provide this document or not. Because I guess they don't ask Quebec residents because if they want to get PR for staying in Quebec, they need to apply for CSQ first, and they probably provide the proof of income there. I am not sure. Can you please help me with what I should do? Thanks.
They don't ask you incoming proof for CSQ. I guess they will if it is about grandparents or children, but for spouse, only the forms. But I am not sure what is the best for your case

alikatal

Aug 4, 2021
They don't ask you incoming proof for CSQ. I guess they will if it is about grandparents or children, but for spouse, only the forms. But I am not sure what is the best for your case
Thanks for your response. Based on what I heard and my own experience, sending additional documents is better than not sending them. I think in my case that I am not sure about it, it's better to add them to my application.

Reactions: CCTeheran

Anna Lee22

Apr 22, 2022
Dear All,
I have a question regarding temporary visa application.
My husband lives in Canada and I want to apply for TRV and then once I'm in Canada apply for an Inland PR/work-permit application (dual Intent)
is it preferable to mention dual intent in my temporary visa application?

Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My husband lives in Canada and I want to apply for TRV and then once I'm in Canada apply for an Inland PR/work-permit application (dual Intent)
is it preferable to mention dual intent in my temporary visa application?
No.

It absolutely will signal that your intent is to remain in Canada and not to come temporarily.

Dual intent means that the intent to stay on its own does not disqualify one from a TRV and they'll need to provide a different reason to deny.

But explicitly telling them in your application that you have dual intent is pretty much screaming "my only intent is to remain permanently."

theAvengersFan

May 10, 2020
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
14-06-2022
AOR Received.
19-08-2022
Hi Everyone,
I need your expertise on the below questions. These questions are from Checklist. Please suggest me what to do. Thank you.

A) Important documents for you and your spouse showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse
-If my wife has never been to Canada, Can I still her add as a dependent on my Work insurance and put that in file?
- She has passport, AADHAR Card, PAN Card with my name on it. Can we include that?
- She is added as Emergency contact number at my Work? Can I get that information on Company letter head and put in this section?
- Any other suggestions for the documents in this section or above documents are enough?
B) Documentary evidence of financial support between you and your sponsor, and/or shared expenses
- I added her Beneficiary to my TFSA Account. Will this document go under (A) or (B)?
- I added her Beneficiary to my RRSP Account. Will this document go under (A) or (B)?
- I added her to my Bank account as additional account owner (Joint bank account). Will this document go under (A) or (B)?