+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

HEMANT7379

Apr 3, 2022
You need to wait....it hasn't gotten to your turn yet
While I got my visit visa I already have given biometrics, they don't need additional documents, no interview, processing background checks...... Generally how much time it takes.....?

Sharmarohit5380

Star Member
Jan 22, 2018
Hello everyone
I need some opinion. I am a canadian Permanent resident. My fiance is on study pemrit in canada. We are planning to get married soon. I’d like to know if I can apply for her PR (spousal sponsor) while she is already in study permit? Is she eligible to apply for work permit after I apply for her PR application?

andycided

Star Member
Apr 16, 2022
Sharing timeline via ECAS:

Permanent Residence (Conjugal Application Same Sex Outland Papers)

1. We received your application for permanent residence on December 13, 2021.
2. We started processing your application on April 19, 2022.
3. We sent you a letter on March 25, 2022. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
4. We sent you medical instructions on March 30, 2022. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
5. Medical results have been received.

Sarahmc89

Dec 24, 2017
While I got my visit visa I already have given biometrics, they don't need additional documents, no interview, processing background checks...... Generally how much time it takes.....?
Dude, you gotta chill. you could have at least 2 months ahead of hearing nothing at all. "Generally how much time it takes?" not sure how many times it needs to be pointed out that it could be a total of 6 months OR it could be 20 months, there is no "general" with IRCC, just take a look at other peoples timelines in this category and you will see there is a wide range of timelines. you need to really just be patient. asking the same questions over and over is only going to get you the same answers or none at all cause people have already answered them.
Just.be.patient

Reactions: HEMANT7379

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
What food did you eat Friday night before Saturdays diet? Is like you got some energy to ask questions about IRCC timelines. Well, I don't have such energy because I'm hungry already....I was thinking with IRCC stress you would rather be hungry but I guess i was wrong....You are only coming to visit and have such questions....Wow, you are brave! I like that but just wait ok....before you start getting angry...!!!

1996kaur

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hello Guys, I am gathering documents for my spousal sponsorship (outland) application. My question is can I use my spouse's PCC from local police station? because from India its long appointment waiting time from Passport sea Kendal. Is there anyone who applied with local police station PCC and got AOR?? thanks

Reactions: sngr09

Reetu B

Mar 22, 2022
Hello
I courier the additional documents required by Delhi immigration on Saturday
So how to know that they got the parcel and how much time it takes to change the eligibility status? Can anyone reply

inda

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
Hi All,

I received AOR Dec 1st 2021, biometrics Feb 24th 2022, no SA and medicals yet. I am wondering if PA file would be sent to New Delhi Visa office for further processing or would they wait until SA is approved ? Does any one know ?

*CLARO2020*

Oct 16, 2020
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-08-2020
AOR Received.
2021-05-06
File Transfer...
07-05-2021
Med's Request
06-28-2021
Med's Done....
24-01-2022
Passport Req..
07-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2022
Hi All,

I received AOR Dec 1st 2021, biometrics Feb 24th 2022, no SA and medicals yet. I am wondering if PA file would be sent to New Delhi Visa office for further processing or would they wait until SA is approved ? Does any one know ?
They will wait for SA. For me the SA letter informing I recieved SA also told me which visa office they were sending the application to. (Also note that SA letter does not require biometrics to be completed, your delay is entirely ircc's).

PraveshGG

Jan 3, 2019
Hi there,
Today I submitted my wife's online outland sponsorship application. She had done upfront medical but we forgot to include the sheet in the application. However, I have mentioned about it in my document checklist 5333e form.

I am wondering what should I do? Send through webform it when I get the AoR?
Will they return my application as incomplete? (Hopefully not!)

I hear that they will request a new medical down the processing timeline.

I would appreciate some answers. Thank you!

andycided

Star Member
Apr 16, 2022
Hi there,
Today I submitted my wife's online outland sponsorship application. She had done upfront medical but we forgot to include the sheet in the application. However, I have mentioned about it in my document checklist 5333e form.

I am wondering what should I do? Send through webform it when I get the AoR?
Will they return my application as incomplete? (Hopefully not!)

I hear that they will request a new medical down the processing timeline.

I would appreciate some answers. Thank you!
I heard from the hospital (where I had my medical) commissioned by IRCC that you can only do upfront medical if you are applying for TRV, Student Visa or Work Permit.

User51

Star Member
Oct 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
12-10-2020
Hii,

The announcement made by immigration minister regarding family reunification that applicant no longer need to stay in canada
And spouse of principal applicant who are outside canada can apply for open work permit..
Is this announcement applies to our case??

andycided

Star Member
Apr 16, 2022
Hii,

The announcement made by immigration minister regarding family reunification that applicant no longer need to stay in canada
And spouse of principal applicant who are outside canada can apply for open work permit..
Link please? I want to apply for OWP even though we have pending spousal app

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
Hii,

I believe it's for those applicants who applied for PR and are waiting for it. And while they're waiting - their spouses can apply for OWP to come to Canada.