+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Nevu20

May 12, 2019
I applied Inland Common Law Oct 26th 22 with OWP via paper, recieved OWP March 24th and it arrived in the post 1 week later.
I applied for Inland Common-law PR and OWP Nov 28. I received AOR on 16 Feb, and OWP-EXT on April 01...
Gotcha. Any idea on current processing timeline for Inland Spousal/common-law PR? Trying to gauge the options from outland and inland sponsorship, and if inland is faster

Sarahmc89

Dec 24, 2017
Gotcha. Any idea on current processing timeline for Inland Spousal/common-law PR? Trying to gauge the options from outland and inland sponsorship, and if inland is faster

Category: Sponsored PR (Spousal Common-Law)
Biometrics: Complete 2019
Oct 27th - App. Received (Pre-AOR)
Dec 3rd - PA AOR
Dec 23rd - Sponsor AOR
Feb 3rd - Med Request
Feb 4th - Med Done
Feb 19th - Med Passed
Mar 6th - Eligibility Completed
Mar 6th - Pre-Arrivals Letter
Apr 5/6th? - Background Check Started
??? - eCOPR
??? - COPR

I have had a ghost update in here once or twice too. I can't comment on outland but I do also have a friend that applied via Online Portal Inland, 2 days after me and he is about 6 weeks behind me with processeding it seems.

Reactions: Nevu20

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
My timeline is in my Signature Block

also, have a look at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/192sbvjd4vJsEWY_B7w5DgFKBmIPNYo6TjlVWAk-xxxA/edit#gid=1822020384

it's a spreadsheet that's been created for all inland/outland applications. Have a look through there and it'll give you an idea on the timeline for each category. It's all sorted by Months of Submission.

Reactions: Nevu20 and armoured

Sarahmc89

Dec 24, 2017
My timeline is in my Signature Block

also, have a look at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/192sbvjd4vJsEWY_B7w5DgFKBmIPNYo6TjlVWAk-xxxA/edit#gid=1822020384

it's a spreadsheet that's been created for all inland/outland applications. Have a look through there and it'll give you an idea on the timeline for each category. It's all sorted by Months of Submission.
In my option its a wild world IRCC are living in, on here we can see some people inland and outland waiting upwards of 2 years for anything and ye,t lost of us who have applied with in the last 8 months have our balls rolling.

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
In my option its a wild world IRCC are living in, on here we can see some people inland and outland waiting upwards of 2 years for anything and ye,t lost of us who have applied with in the last 8 months have our balls rolling.
Yeah it's strange. I guess it also depends on what VO you sent your application into as well. Covid, Afghanistan and Ukraine issues definitely didn't help - I honestly though we would be waiting a lot longer as soon as they announced expedited processing for those in Ukraine, and was actually surprised that there was movement for a lot of people in that time. I wonder if they bought on extra workers / contractors to help deal with the added workload?

Reactions: KJH85

ricky.lambton

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Toronto
Category........
Other
Hi senior members , need an advise, I have applied online in september and its been almost 7 months and I still don't have an AOR. I have only temporary AOR. Can I file a second application on paper parallely. If I heard from my first file then I can withdraw my second file. Can I do this? and is there any harm in doing this?
@armoured ??

@dasha0609

Star Member
Aug 24, 2019
A lot of what I read states that they hired 60% of more staff, I don't know how correct it is. And also, just 4-5 days ago they said sponsorship applications are back to a 12 months mark and now the timings have changed again? so weird. But I think the new canada.ca timings are based on all the applications from a previous year that's been backlogged due to pandemic and other issues. It showed 19 months yesterday and 20 months today, and it's probably gonna fluctuate now.

I have submitted to sponsor my husband today morning (online/outland), and pray to god it won't take 19 months. That's absolutely nuts that they want couples to wait that long. Especially those who have kids, my heart goes to them.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi senior members , need an advise, I have applied online in september and its been almost 7 months and I still don't have an AOR. I have only temporary AOR. Can I file a second application on paper parallely. If I heard from my first file then I can withdraw my second file. Can I do this? and is there any harm in doing this?
No, you can't have two simultaneously.

If it's seven months, something is likely wrong - try calling IRCC, webform, your MP, whatever.

It's possible it was sent back to you but only a guess. No, I don't knwo where it is. Check your spam boxes etc.

You can withdraw and resubmit, I dno't know details about how that works.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
A lot of what I read states that they hired 60% of more staff, I don't know how correct it is. And also, just 4-5 days ago they said sponsorship applications are back to a 12 months mark and now the timings have changed again? so weird. But I think the new canada.ca timings are based on all the applications from a previous year that's been backlogged due to pandemic and other issues. It showed 19 months yesterday and 20 months today, and it's probably gonna fluctuate now.
See the other post I linked to.
-They didn't hire 60% more, they either hired 60 or increased 60% in ONE office. (But there are different announcements so can't say 100%)
-The 12 months was just a figure they didn't update until recently.
-Very important, all these 'timeframes' are based on rough 80% of files handled within that time. So for most applicants, it does NOT mean it will take as long as 19 months.
-It's also a backward looking figure and doesn't reflect what happens to an application submitted today.

HEMANT7379

Apr 3, 2022
No, you can't have two simultaneously.

If it's seven months, something is likely wrong - try calling IRCC, webform, your MP, whatever.

It's possible it was sent back to you but only a guess. No, I don't knwo where it is. Check your spam boxes etc.

You can withdraw and resubmit, I dno't know details about how that works.
I submitted my application in December and it was received on 23rd of December 2 021. So far no information no AOR nothing has come across. It makes me really worried that we are paying for application and they are still worried about Afghanistan Syria Ukraine and other stuff without considering that we are the major taxpayers , going to be their major vote bank in this country still they are not serious or they don’t want to work on our applications makes me really worried and sad with the processing times and the situation and how they going to handle it .
you have mentioned about speaking to your MP I really don’t know I am new in this country it’s like an alien land to me yet how am I going to approach an MP how I am going to speak to he/she regarding my application because I believe there r going to be thousands more who are in the same situation please advise what is supposed to be done as my agent who has filed on my behalf has not received anything no contact as yet.
I am right now in Canada on a Visitor visa. already have given my biometrics as have attached my biometrics in the Application but no contact by ircc yet I’m really waiting.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I submitted my application in December and it was received on 23rd of December 2 021. So far no information no AOR nothing has come across. It makes me really worried that we are paying for application and they are still worried about Afghanistan Syria Ukraine and other stuff without considering that we are the major taxpayers , going to be their major vote bank in this country still they are not serious or they don’t want to work on our applications makes me really worried and sad with the processing times and the situation and how they going to handle it .
you have mentioned about speaking to your MP I really don’t know I am new in this country it’s like an alien land to me yet how am I going to approach an MP how I am going to speak to he/she regarding my application because I believe there r going to be thousands more who are in the same situation please advise what is supposed to be done as my agent who has filed on my behalf has not received anything no contact as yet.
I am right now in Canada on a Visitor visa. already have given my biometrics as have attached my biometrics in the Application but no contact by ircc yet I’m really waiting.
I don't see how you can be a major taxpayer if you're on a visitor visa but whatever...

December: can't comment on how late that is; from late December, that does NOT seem that far out of line with others but I'm not an expert. Check the tracker, compare to other files.

MPs office: you call or write their office. They have staff. You explain what your situation is and you'd like help getting info.

If you've paid an agent, you can surely push them to do more. But they probably won't (if like most agents, it seems). You can in the meantime get copies of EVERYTHING filed and double-check that the application was complete. Having an agent is no guarantee it was done properly.

Reactions: valvlad

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hey man,

Oh, you are new in Canada on a visitors visa...Please, calm down your nerves and join the line.....I think you should slow down as we have lots in the line already still waiting for months before you and they process files in the order of receipt. Slow down, relax, and know everything will be fine with time