+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for the reply. The 30 days timeline is where IRCC needs to receive medical report within 30 days or an Applicant has to make an appointment with panel physician within 30 days time period, regardless when IRCC receives the medical result from the panel physician?

How can i upload medical acknowledgment receipt to IRCC once i have done medical? Through web form or GCkey?

Do i need to request an extension onn30 days medical deadline via webform?

Please help.
Deep breath. If you do the exam before the 30 day limit you will be fine. They are not extremely strict about the 30 days part. Clinic will file and upload themselves. I don't think you need to do anything at all.

[My understanding is that they only 'get around' to checking that applicants have done the medical once in a while - meaning infrequently - and that they do not actually hold anyone to the 30 days if it's done before they happen to check.

I cannot say this for certain however - but I do not recall having seen here anyone complete the medical anywhere in the first few months and then find out IRCC has cancelled their app or anything negative. And there were a LOT of delays during covid, with clinics not working etc.

Warning: for those who are really late getting the medical - like only slot available is weeks after the 30 days - it's a good idea just in case to advise IRCC by webform that you've booked the first available.

Anyone who gets the medical appointment in the first 30 days - relax, you do NOT need to advise IRCC or worry how long it takes the clinic to submit.]

Reactions: Canada429

Nish23

Oct 19, 2021
Hi All,

My brother is facing problems with a visitor visa for her spouse.

Back in November of 2021, we submitted the visitor visa file and did the biometrics in December 2021 but it's been 4 months already to that point but no official visa or any updates have happened yet. We are confused as to what to do next?

Note: Principal applicant is my brother holds a PR (Waiting for a Spousal visa to arrive and then applying for a Spousal PR)

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated on this matter?

Thanks,

Canada429

Star Member
Jun 1, 2021
Deep breath. If you do the exam before the 30 day limit you will be fine. They are not extremely strict about the 30 days part. Clinic will file and upload themselves. I don't think you need to do anything at all.

[My understanding is that they only 'get around' to checking that applicants have done the medical once in a while - meaning infrequently - and that they do not actually hold anyone to the 30 days if it's done before they happen to check.

I cannot say this for certain however - but I do not recall having seen here anyone complete the medical anywhere in the first few months and then find out IRCC has cancelled their app or anything negative. And there were a LOT of delays during covid, with clinics not working etc.

Warning: for those who are really late getting the medical - like only slot available is weeks after the 30 days - it's a good idea just in case to advise IRCC by webform that you've booked the first available.

Anyone who gets the medical appointment in the first 30 days - relax, you do NOT need to advise IRCC or worry how long it takes the clinic to submit.]
Thank you very much. This explians everything. I read the medical letter again. Nowhere it says they need to get the result before 30 days. As long as the medical done within 30 days, should be fine.

Thanks again !

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you very much. This explians everything. I read the medical letter again. Nowhere it says they need to get the result before 30 days. As long as the medical done within 30 days, should be fine.

Thanks again !
I'd repeat, in practice, so far, they seem even less strict than the letter says.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi All,

My brother is facing problems with a visitor visa for her spouse.

Back in November of 2021, we submitted the visitor visa file and did the biometrics in December 2021 but it's been 4 months already to that point but no official visa or any updates have happened yet. We are confused as to what to do next?

Note: Principal applicant is my brother holds a PR (Waiting for a Spousal visa to arrive and then applying for a Spousal PR)

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated on this matter?

Thanks,
Wait, it's normal

joe555

Star Member
Jan 4, 2022
I have received $245 refund from Immigration and I’m not sure what is that for. Only refund I was expecting was 85$ as I paid biometrics twice and than I sent 255$ owp and I am not sure why they sent me $245 back ?

Esty4Ademi

Star Member
Jun 19, 2021
Hello everyone pls before AOR is it normal to receive Biomtric request before given AOR? Pls what the first thing am supposed to get a little confuse

Canada429

Star Member
Jun 1, 2021
Quick question. During the entire application process, do we get any confirmation from IRCC or VO that the relationship is genuine and they are satisfied? Any way to check in GCkey? Just curious.

Reactions: Shankoma75

Reetu B

Mar 22, 2022
Hi guys
So today I checked my application status through new tracker for spousal
It’s showing medical completed and biometric received
My eligibility and background verification is not started
My husband applied from canada in june 2021
And march i did my biometric and medical
Can any help

AhmadDar

Feb 28, 2022
Did anyone notice processing times for outland went from 12 months to 20 months ?o_O any experts here care to comment on this ?

Esty4Ademi

Star Member
Jun 19, 2021
Hi guys
So today I checked my application status through new tracker for spousal
It’s showing medical completed and biometric received
My eligibility and background verification is not started
My husband applied from canada in june 2021
And march i did my biometric and medical
Can any help
Pls. Can u give me the link u use to check ur application
Thank you