+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

akgr

Aug 16, 2019
Hi friends, we have applied for outland sponsorship PR from India for my daughter-in-law on March 16 through the online portal. Yet to receive AOR. We also want to apply for dual intent visitor visa for her. What are the chances of visitor visa approval? And when we should apply for it, after receiving AOR or now? Also when should we expect AOR to come? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021
Hi friends, we have applied for outland sponsorship PR for my daughter-in-law on March 16 through the online portal. Yet to receive AOR. We also want to apply for dual intent visitor visa for her. What are the chances of visitor visa approval? And when we should apply for it, after receiving AOR or now? Also when should we expect AOR to come? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
You JUST applied. So you won't get your AOR for a while yet, most likely. January's applicants are averaging 75-80 days between App and AOR. I applied in November and got my AOR in February.
I don't know anything about visitor visas, but there are lots of threads on that in this forum.

Reactions: YVR123 and akgr

CCTeheran

Jan 6, 2022
Barranquilla, Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
Hi friends, we have applied for outland sponsorship PR from India for my daughter-in-law on March 16 through the online portal. Yet to receive AOR. We also want to apply for dual intent visitor visa for her. What are the chances of visitor visa approval? And when we should apply for it, after receiving AOR or now? Also when should we expect AOR to come? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Hi! I think you should check the processing time for Indian applicants and a kind of similar situation. I have seen tons of timelines where the applicants are from India and they are really quick. About the visitor, for what I read, it is strongly possible to get refusal unless you get really good supports like financially, intention to return and travel history mainly.

Alokuk692

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Hi Guys, for my wife's sponsorship application we got biometrics,medical passed on Mar 22. Sep 2021 applicant. We still haven't received Pre arrival. Can somebody please tell me if Pre arrival is sent by email? And does it come usually after medical and biometrics are passed? Thanks.

HD092020

Mar 3, 2021
Brampton
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
27-05-2023
Hi Guys, for my wife's sponsorship application we got biometrics,medical passed on Mar 22. Sep 2021 applicant. We still haven't received Pre arrival. Can somebody please tell me if Pre arrival is sent by email? And does it come usually after medical and biometrics are passed? Thanks.
Not sure when it comes, but will come on email.

Figo4019

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
21-09-2020
AOR Received.
14-04-2021
File Transfer...
07-10-2021
Med's Request
07-10-2021
Med's Done....
28-10-2021
Passport Req..
28-04-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2022
LANDED..........
15-08-2022
Not sure when it comes, but will come on email.
There is no order to IRCCs system unfortunately. for the most part however it seems like pre arrival comes after medical and interview

Shankoma75

Star Member
Dec 23, 2021
There is no order to IRCCs system unfortunately. for the most part however it seems like pre arrival comes after medical and interview
It depends on what you applied for, i think the process differs in each category as in when you can receive particular email from IRCC before the other and also everyone case is different, as well as the people working on your case will be. Just pray and be ready for anything that comes up, especially.. expect delays .. because that's IRCC hall mark . But if you the approved any time soon... then you sing Hallelujah . I'm still waiting since 2019. Meanwhile I'm done with everything. I mean every document one needs to provide. But haven't even received ppr yet. Will be celebrating 3yrs anniversary in few months from now in marriage but I'm still stuck . So at least this will let u know why I shared my opinion on what to expect.

May God bless us all

Reactions: Figo4019

KATHIA08

Jun 15, 2020
Hello group,

Is it true that the PR Card can be linked??? How is that process done?

With what information can it be linked, with what data?

It is to know when the PR Card will arrive. We landed on February 14, 2022.

We only have the CORP with which we landed, I don't have any other PR Card application number, I don't know how to obtain this.

Thanks for the help

ricky.lambton

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Toronto
Category........
Other
Hi senior members , need an advise, I have applied online in september and its been almost 7 months and I still don't have an AOR. I have only temporary AOR. Can I file a second application on paper parallely. If I heard from my first file then I can withdraw my second file. Can I do this? and is there any harm in doing this?

• Sad
Reactions: Kiikii

Nevu20

May 12, 2019
I do not understand all of what you wrote. Ignore the part about visitor visa etc., I was just trying to clarify a somewhat-obscure point.

The situation is simple, there are basically two scenarios:

-Apply outland: at any time, whether applicant in Canada or not, can be done now (as long as sponsor is in Canada). Outland process, once started, cannot apply for nor get open work permit. There is no ability to get the open work permit with the outland process.

-Inland: must be in Canada to apply for this. Can apply for open work permit. Obviously if not in Canada, must enter Canada first (eg visitor visa or ETA) before applying by this approach.
I am kind of the similar situation. I received COPR and planning to land in June from India to Toronto. My partner and I are planning to apply for his visitor visa and get married in Canada later this year. I know outland application takes around 12 months.
1. For inland, how long do the spousal and open work permit take?
2. While the open work permit is in progress, the spouse needs to stay inland or can travel back to COR?

Harpreetsaini28

Feb 2, 2016
I sponsored my spouse in 2017. We both came together on PR in 2018. However, things did not work out smoothly and we are separated now. If i get married now, can i sponsor another spouse now, or the five year bar applies to me as well?

Nevu20

May 12, 2019
Im in the same situation as you (minus the Work trip) I applied by paper for Inland Spousal PR end of October and just got my OWP approval on friday 25th, im hoping to have it in hand within the next 2 - 3 weeks so I am able to leave the country. Seems they are moving long these days but I do have another buddy who applied via online 2 days before I did and he is about 6 weeks behind me in the whole process so its honestly anyones guess.
My understanding is until we have the visa inhand (in your passport)and ETA (i got mine with the OWP) it should be enough to come and go again as long you fit the requirements within your visa (insurance etc)
From my understanding If ECOPR or COPR comes in before the owp and no card before you travel, you will need to apply for the PRTD while you're in the states in order to come back.
Have you linked your OWP application to your GCKey account, I could see there when they were updating my OWP stuff.
How long did the OWP take overall from submission till approval for you?
Any idea on current processing timeline for OWP and Inland sponsorship?

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
I applied for Inland Common-law PR and OWP Nov 28. I received AOR on 16 Feb, and OWP-EXT on April 01...

Sarahmc89

Dec 24, 2017
I applied Inland Common Law Oct 26th 22 with OWP via paper, recieved OWP March 24th and it arrived in the post 1 week later.