+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

sheenahemnani

Jun 19, 2014
Obronibini said:
why don't you go through the family class route? You can apply inland or Outland . Look for family class and read more about it . Then you can take it from there
thanx...but won't it take a lot of time?is getting a work permit a faster way to reach canada?

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
sheenahemnani said:
Hi, my husband stays in quebec and i stay in india and just finished my masters in Microbiology.He has a diploma in VFX from canada has a permanent job there since last 3 yrs.He applied for a CSQ for both of us from canada and we both got out CSQs...now can anyone guide me as to what do i do next to go to canada?
1) can i apply for an open work permit from india on the basis of my csq? or
2) can my husband apply for my work permit on the basis of his own work permit? or
3) do i go to canada on visitors visa and apply for my work permit after landing in canada?

any assistance will be appreciated...please help!!!
thank u
sheena
Is your husband Canadian or a Canadian PR? If no, then you are posting in the wrong section. It sounds like your husband is a foreign worker, so post your question to the foreign worker section of the forum.

sheenahemnani

Jun 19, 2014
MilesAway said:
Is your husband Canadian or a Canadian PR? If no, then you are posting in the wrong section. It sounds like your husband is a foreign worker, so post your question to the foreign worker section of the forum.
ok thanks i will do that...we both are indians.i posted it here since we are applying for the PR by the end of this month.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
sheenahemnani said:
ok thanks i will do that...we both are indians.i posted it here since we are applying for the PR by the end of this month.
I understand, but the procedure for a foreign worker to bring his spouse to Canada is completely different from the procedure for a Canadian or PR to sponsor their spouse. This forum is for the latter.
If you're both applying for PR, then you'll get it at the same time, so you won't need to go through sponsorship.

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014 (Received as per tracking 21-03-2013)
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
sheenahemnani said:
thanx...but won't it take a lot of time?is getting a work permit a faster way to reach canada?
I don't know much about wor permits I guess it may be fast but it not easy to get.

7abiba

Jun 18, 2014
Hi everyone, My husband is PR in Canada, I think he should apply 1st to be a sponsor, but he says he has the right to bring his family, and he suggest to send all our apps at the same time... Suggestions are welcome please. Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
7abiba said:
Hi everyone, My husband is PR in Canada, I think he should apply 1st to be a sponsor, but he says he has the right to bring his family, and he suggest to send all our apps at the same time... Suggestions are welcome please. Thanks
Your question isn't clear. Can you provide more details to explain what you are asking? Who does your husband want to sponsor specifically? Who do you think he should be sponsoring instead?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
7abiba said:
I'm not sure exactly what you are meaning but the basic process is that he applies to sponsor you as a spouse. In your application to be sponsored, you identify your son as a dependant who will be accompanying you. ALL the paperwork, the sponsors and the applicants, goes off in a single package to be processed, at the same time, to CPC-M.

Salar123

May 29, 2014
Lahore
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
November-2015
Hello,

I am applying for spouse sponsorship here from Pakistan and I have a question regarding Nikah Nama to be submitted to CIC.
In the guide it says;

"If you were married in Pakistan either by proxy or in person, you should submit a marriage
certificate (Nikkah Nama in Urdu) bearing the Nikkah registry seal as evidence that your marriage
is properly registered by your union council
or the relevant government authority in your region."

what does that mean? I was wondering if it is the stamp of Nikah registrar on the nikah nama or this is some thing else?
Please guide me in this regard.

Thanks.

Salar123

May 29, 2014
Lahore
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
November-2015
agarand8 said:
Either or will be fine. Do whatever is easier.
Hello,

I am filing sponsorship case for my spouse in Pakistan, and have a difficulty to fill out the Country specific forms which is RESIDENCY QUESTIONNAIRE CANADIAN HIGH COMMISSION ISLAMABAD, PAKISTAN. and I need help with the following Question:

Q4.What preparations have you and/or your sponsor made for your move to Canada?

What should we have to write in regard of this question?

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
I have some questions about the forms and evidence needed for the permanent residency. I am Canadian and live in Mexico with my Mexican wife. We are applying outland. We have no kids so I assume we don't fill out the additional dependants form. I am a non-resident so do I need to provide proof of job/income? Now for evidence we have e-mails,photos,hotel reservations,plane tickets, envelopes sent from Canada to My wife and sent to me at the same address here in Mexico. We also have a rental agreement, life insurance policy with both our names on it and driver's licenses with the same address. Now my question is about translation. As we live in Mexico, everything is in spanish so I realize it all has to be translated. Does everything have to be done by a university and certified or can non-official things like e-mails be translated by me? Any help would be appreciated

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
JAMO1973 said:
I have some questions about the forms and evidence needed for the permanent residency. I am Canadian and live in Mexico with my Mexican wife. We are applying outland. We have no kids so I assume we don't fill out the additional dependants form. I am a non-resident so do I need to provide proof of job/income? Now for evidence we have e-mails,photos,hotel reservations,plane tickets, envelopes sent from Canada to My wife and sent to me at the same address here in Mexico. We also have a rental agreement, life insurance policy with both our names on it and driver's licenses with the same address. Now my question is about translation. As we live in Mexico, everything is in spanish so I realize it all has to be translated. Does everything have to be done by a university and certified or can non-official things like e-mails be translated by me? Any help would be appreciated
As a non resident sponsor, you must provide evidences that you would return to Canada when your spouse becomes PR. This is a must. Otherwise the application will be denied.

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
We have an invitation letter from my mother inviting us to stay with her and provide food, transportation etc. but what about the translation question?

jbaia

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014
To be on the safe side - I would have all things translated by a certified translator. But maybe someone else can shed some light on this.

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
7abiba said:
The application to sponsor and the application for permanent residence are all sent at the same time. In the same package, he applies as a sponsor and then you also include the application for the spouse plus all dependent children.