Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
I would seek help from a lawyer immediately if possible. If what they accuse you of is untrue you only have a short period of time to prove otherwise and I wouldn't even know where to start, so I would ask an immigration lawyer for help,

xuenee2004

May 2, 2014
Hi everyone,

I am new here.

- I am Malaysian and my boyfriend of two years is Canadian
- I fly to Canada to be with him and we've been living together for a few months; we've also done travels together so we can meet up
- We plan to get married before end of the year in Toronto and after that we will send our application for spousal sponsorship
- We have strong evidence to prove that our relationship is genuine

Quick question: Would a civil marriage be convincing enough? We do not plan to have a wedding/church ceremony yet within these 2 years or so or at least until my PR is (crossfingers) approved

Do share any links to threads related to my questions, if any. Thanks :)

CutiePie92

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
AOR Received.
10-07-2014
File Transfer...
07-08-2014
Med's Done....
30-04-2014; remed 24-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-04-2015; 02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2015
LANDED..........
24-07-2015 soon 8)
xuenee2004 said:
Quick question: Would a civil marriage be convincing enough? We do not plan to have a wedding/church ceremony yet within these 2 years or so or at least until my PR is (crossfingers) approved
i didn't have a church wedding either, but overall it wasn't just a few people at the City Hall and that's it ... i had around 50 attendees and a wedding reception (sort of) after. you'll have to prepare yourself to give valid excuses if you don't do a church wedding and nothing a bit more formal 'cause they ask about it - i had a valid excuse for not having a church wedding (death in the family) so they can't say anything .. but i do plan on doing one once in Canada (i made sure to mention that).

i don't know, i tried to give them enough relevant details because we only have a 1 yr and a half old relationship and we met online (we didn't marry on the first meeting though) - - so i'm obviously subjective. It also depends on the specific country VO - for example, i presume indian nationals need to have a huge traditional wedding to convince the officers.
also make sure parents from both sides are there - it can be a red flag if they're not.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
maple tree said:
My husband and I were married in the Philippines. It was a civil marriage because I was just there for a month. I processed his papers last march 2013. On September 24,2013, he received an email from manila immigration requiring him to submit his original passport, original NSO Advisory on Marriages for himself and an additional document. He then gathered all the requirements and he submitted it on the last day of October 2014. We were waiting for the results until last Monday April 28, they emailed both of us. The email was shown below.. I was so frustrated with this letter and I don't know what to do. My husband is not married before and we legally processed our marriage contract. What are the immigrations bases that the documents submitted to them were fraudulent? Thanks

Visa Section
Level 6, Tower 2, RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200
Philippines
P.O. Box 2168
Makati Central Post Office
Makati City 1200
Philippines

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it have been reviewed and it
appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) provides that a foreign national
must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an
examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the
requirements of the Act.
I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by subsection 16(1) of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act which states:
16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the
purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents
that the officer reasonable requires.
Specifically, I have concerns that the NSO Advisory on Marriages and NSO Cenomar which you have
provided in support of your application are fraudulent.
Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application
for a permanent residence, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you
inadmissible to Canada for a period of two years according to section 40(2)(a):
40(1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation
(a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a
relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act
40(2) The following provisions govern subsection (1):
2 of 2
(a) the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for misrepresentation for a period of two years following, in the case of a determination outside Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under subsection (1) or, in the case of determination in Canada, the date the removal order is enforced.
Section 117(9) of the regulations states that no foreign national may be considered a member of the family class by virtue of their relationship to a sponsor if
(c) the foreign national is the sponsor's spouse and
(i) the sponsor or foreign national, was, at the time of their marriage, the spouse of another person.
I would like to provide you with the opportunity to respond to this information. Any evidence or submissions which you or your sponsor may wish to submit to this office for consideration in response to the concerns identified above must be received at our office within 45 days of the date of this letter. If you do not respond to this request within the period indicated, your application will be assessed based on the information currently on file and may result in the refusal of your application.
Only original documents or, when unavailable, certified documents are acceptable.
The file number noted above must be included on all correspondence with this office.
Sincerely,
Family Class Section Family Reunification Unit
Embassy of Canada, Manila
(1) Get a lawyer, preferably one with expertise in claims of misrepresentation. This is a VERY serious accusation and it can cause permanent problems.
(2) Order your case notes ASAP. Get the form from your spouse that permits them to release the information to you. The notes should indicate why the VO thinks the documents are fraudulent.

You state that you submitted originals. You will need to obtain certified copies of those documents again because in essence what the VO is claiming is that they are not genuine. A certified copy issued by the proper authorities will be essential.

What is completely unclear here is WHY the VO thinks the documents are fraudulent. Presumably someone performed the marriage ceremony. You should obtain a sworn affidavit from that person attesting to the fact they performed the marriage and completed the documents at that time if at all possible.

While it is possible to appeal a finding of inadmissibility, it's best to head it off now. Failing to take this very seriously and changing the VO's mind at this point will lead to a very long delay in the process - even a successful appeal can take 2+ years!

KL0718

Jan 11, 2014
Quick question about "Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations" and conditional PR.
By the time I am able to file for PR my partner and I will have been dating for 5 years but be living together/common law for only one with no children in common. The requirements for conditional PR are

Condition applies if the couple:
is married for two years or less; or dated for four years, but is married for two years or less; or have been in a conjugal relationship for two years or less; or has cohabited in a common-law relationship for two years or less; and Do not have any children in common

Condition does not apply if the couple:
is married for more than two years; or have been in a conjugal relationship for more than two years; or has cohabited in a common-law relationship for more than two years; or Have children in common.
Would I have full PR or what?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
KL0718 said:
Quick question about "Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations" and conditional PR.
By the time I am able to file for PR my partner and I will have been dating for 5 years but be living together/common law for only one with no children in common. The requirements for conditional PR are

Would I have full PR or what?
No. You will have conditional PR, with "Condition 51" on your COPR. The point that they are making is that "dating" time doesn't count, at all.

inexplored

Star Member
Sep 6, 2012
Hi All, After waiting a little over 2 months. Mississauga office sent me this email.

Please find attached a letter related to your application to sponsor under the family class. Please fully read the attachment. This letter will not be re-issued. Please save this message for your records.

Do not reply to this email. You will not receive a response.

The attachment is formatted as a PDF file. In order to open and read this file you will need a program capable of opening .PDFs. One such program is Adobe Reader, it is free to use and available at the following link:........................................

NOTICE CONCERNING CONFIDENTIALITY

This E-mail is sent from the Department of Citizenship and Immigration Canada. As this message contains confidential information, if you are not the intended recipient, please delete the E-mail and notify the sender

TH LINK OPENS TO THE ADOBE WEBSITE TO DOWNLOAD THE LATEST VERSION. DONE THAT BUT IN VEIN, ALSO TRIED USING DIFFERENT BROWSERS BUT NOTHING.
THERE IS NO ATTACHHMENT WHAT SO OVER. MY QUESTION IS THAT IS THIS A STANDARD EMAIL WHEN INFORMING ABOUT THE ELIGIBILTY FROM MISSISSUAGA OFFICE??
ALSO DO THEY SEND SUCH DECISIONS IN AN AATTACHEMENT???? OR A LINK IWITHIN THE CONTENT OF THE EMAIL?????
PLEASE ANSWER, AS NOT GETTING A REPLY FOR SO LONG FRUSTERATED ME, BUT HAVING A DECISON ON HAND BUT NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE ANYTHING IS JUST :mad: :(

basketballfan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
SW Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Done....
August 2013 ; September 2015
Passport Req..
November 2015
inexplored said:
Hi All, After waiting a little over 2 months. Mississauga office sent me this email.

Please find attached a letter related to your application to sponsor under the family class. Please fully read the attachment. This letter will not be re-issued. Please save this message for your records.

Do not reply to this email. You will not receive a response.

The attachment is formatted as a PDF file. In order to open and read this file you will need a program capable of opening .PDFs. One such program is Adobe Reader, it is free to use and available at the following link:........................................

NOTICE CONCERNING CONFIDENTIALITY

This E-mail is sent from the Department of Citizenship and Immigration Canada. As this message contains confidential information, if you are not the intended recipient, please delete the E-mail and notify the sender

TH LINK OPENS TO THE ADOBE WEBSITE TO DOWNLOAD THE LATEST VERSION. DONE THAT BUT IN VEIN, ALSO TRIED USING DIFFERENT BROWSERS BUT NOTHING.
THERE IS NO ATTACHHMENT WHAT SO OVER. MY QUESTION IS THAT IS THIS A STANDARD EMAIL WHEN INFORMING ABOUT THE ELIGIBILTY FROM MISSISSUAGA OFFICE??
ALSO DO THEY SEND SUCH DECISIONS IN AN AATTACHEMENT???? OR A LINK IWITHIN THE CONTENT OF THE EMAIL?????
PLEASE ANSWER, AS NOT GETTING A REPLY FOR SO LONG FRUSTERATED ME, BUT HAVING A DECISON ON HAND BUT NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE ANYTHING IS JUST :mad: :(
You can call them. Tell them your issue and they will tell you the decision over the phone and UCI number. They did that for me as my lawyer was on vacation and the email was sent to him.

Joe2013

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Great tips, thanks.

Shortly I'm going to sponsor my wife and my kid.
My personal concern, is the fact that for family reasons I've been out of the country for many years.
I recently (10 days ago) reach the compliance of the required days, but I do not have (and never had one) a Pr Card, but only a VOS stating that I'm a PR and I do not have any report or removal order dated March 2013. In the waiting time of my VOS request, I didn't answer a 5511 (determination of status) and actually withdrew my previous (2012 by mistake I made a Pr card application with not enough days) Pr card application, the withdraw was accepted and I never received any communication in regards of removal, or report under A44(1), for information, I never changed address.

Any opinion and or suggestion?
I know that Mp's offices can ask non officially for informations, in my case I would like to know if any report has been issued that I've never received communication.

Thanks in advance.

Javed120

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Hi I m javed120.thank you for your reply.i have one more question .after I receive my csq the singapore visa office sent me a letter and my wedding picture.they said I m on interview queue.before 24 months they call me for the interview.can u tell me why fall me on the interview after csq.and how Long take for the interview call.plz tell me.thank u

jha1526

May 3, 2014
Hi everyone!

I'm searching some answer that would lay back my mind.
Well,I am from Philippines my Canadian husband sponsored me a spouse visa to Canada.
Our application is now on que for filling at CIC Manila Philippines, The last requirement that CIC processing asked me,was to undergo medical examination,my result so far was passed. Now all the requirements they need from me and my sponsor are already submitted. My question is : Do the CIC will email me if our application will be filed? And does anybody know how long will it take before our application will be file?

Please any kind response would be really appreciated. Thank you very much and have a nice day :)

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
June 24, 2014. 6:00 pm
jha1526 said:
Hi everyone!

I'm searching some answer that would lay back my mind.
Well,I am from Philippines my Canadian husband sponsored me a spouse visa to Canada.
Our application is now on que for filling at CIC Manila Philippines, The last requirement that CIC processing asked me,was to undergo medical examination,my result so far was passed. Now all the requirements they need from me and my sponsor are already submitted. My question is : Do the CIC will email me if our application will be filed? And does anybody know how long will it take before our application will be file?

Please any kind response would be really appreciated. Thank you very much and have a nice day :)
Manila sends no Acknowledgement of Receipt, have to take CIC's word application has been forwarded to Manila.
First you will hear from Manila is Passport Request or Additional Docs required.
Right now the wait is around 9 or 10 months before you will hear anything back.
Some applicants from first part of August 2013 have received PPR in the past week.

Good Luck, is a very long wait.

Geline T.

May 4, 2014
Hi!

My husband is a PR in Winnipeg, Manitoba. We got married just last April 15 here in Philippines. Now he's back in Winnipeg. We want to process our papers immediately so i could join him there. What's the 1st step we are going to do? looking forward to your replies. Thanks a Bunch!

Geline T. :)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Geline T. said:
Hi!

My husband is a PR in Winnipeg, Manitoba. We got married just last April 15 here in Philippines. Now he's back in Winnipeg. We want to process our papers immediately so i could join him there. What's the 1st step we are going to do? looking forward to your replies. Thanks a Bunch!

Geline T. :)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp