waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
scylla said:
If your application exceeds normal posted processing times and you haven't heard anything from CIC. An MP cannot speed up the processing of an application. However they can help to get current status if you've been waiting too long.
good to know! thanks!!!

lovely21

Apr 26, 2012
Hello All,

I have a Question Guys...............Can a Spouse Visa be denied because of Age gap between the Couple ?

Please Help........... :D

Khawaja786

Jan 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012
Med's Request
May 2013, October 2014
Med's Done....
May 2013
Passport Req..
February 2015
lovely21 said:
Hello All,

I have a Question Guys...............Can a Spouse Visa be denied because of Age gap between the Couple ?

how much is the gap?

Yes, they ask for reason why you got married with so much age difference.

commonlawsponsor

May 29, 2013
Berlin
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
10-03-2014
Med's Done....
21-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2014
LANDED..........
Will land 27-11-2014
lovely21 said:
Hello All,

They won't deny you simply because of the age gap. But a large age gap is a "red flag" and they will be asking why there is such a large age gap and looking at your relationship to see if it genuine much more closely.

taurus083

Mar 30, 2014
Hi,

can anybody advice me in regards to my situation, thanks in advance.

I just have a valid work permit (but didn't receive the copy of the LMO confirmation since service canada did an audit of the company i'm working with) which is very unusual since CIC approved my work permit application.

Now, my wife is with open work permit but her work permit expired last nov 2013 and because i wasn't able to renew or apply for restoration within 90 days her work permit application was refused (though I applied her together with mine)

Technically my wife is no status in canada, is there any way I can apply her work permit from outside canada (new york consulate) even she is still her in canada illegally? Its just that she give birth last year and Im afraid to send her home with my daughter (canadian citizen), because nobody will takes care of my daughter once I will let go home.

I'm worried that the longer we wait the higher the risk and might jeopardize my PR application.

Please advise of what is the best thing to do, for her to have a work permit and be here legally.

Regards,
TAURUS083

rksandhu

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2013
AOR Received.
25-9-2013
File Transfer...
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-07-2013 / Remedical....: 8th july 2014 / received. ..: 23rd July 2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2013 (sent-10 oct 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
IN-PROCESS since 4th-July-2014 DM-8 Nov 2014 RECEIVED PP-10 Nov 2014
LANDED..........
17 dec 2014 :-D
commonlawsponsor said:
They won't deny you simply because of the age gap. But a large age gap is a "red flag" and they will be asking why there is such a large age gap and looking at your relationship to see if it genuine much more closely.
me n my hubby has a age gape..I know dis is red flag in our file..but the most important thing in my file is my 4 month old baby...do u think this thing help us or not....?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
rksandhu said:
me n my hubby has a age gape..I know dis is red flag in our file..but the most important thing in my file is my 4 month old baby...do u think this thing help us or not....?
Assuming there are no questions of paternity (e.g., it is clear that the baby is between the two of you) then it is strong evidence that this is not a Marriage of Convenience (which is the real reason an age difference is a concern). So I would say that this certainly helps you.

It also means your PR will not be conditional.

Degi

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Alberta-Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUN 6 2014
AOR Received.
AUG 6 2014
File Transfer...
SEP 26 2014
Med's Done....
FEB 12 2014
Passport Req..
SEP 29 2014
hi all i have a question about paying the fees.

as i'm applying for the PR it should be $1040 right? or is it increased lately?

and i have requested receipt from the CIC and they sent me 2 pieces.
should i pay separately like 475 then 75 then 490? or just put $1040 on the amount?

has anyone ever paid this fees in the bank? not online? please help
Thanks

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Degi said:
hi all i have a question about paying the fees.

as i'm applying for the PR it should be $1040 right? or is it increased lately?

and i have requested receipt from the CIC and they sent me 2 pieces.
should i pay separately like 475 then 75 then 490? or just put $1040 on the amount?

has anyone ever paid this fees in the bank? not online? please help
Thanks
As far as I know it still hasn't changed.

You can do it all in one receipt. I've never paid the fees via a bank, sorry.

palara

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
AOR Received.
November 22, 2013
File Transfer...
December 5, 2013
Med's Done....
May 28,2013
My hubby and myself also have a age gap but it should not matter that is the new norm these days

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
palara said:
My hubby and myself also have a age gap but it should not matter that is the new norm these days
It makes a huge difference who is older and which culture the pair are from. You can't generalise..

ROHIT mitra

May 1, 2014
Hi there... i have open work permit in canada for next 3 yrs.. i studied in canada for years.. now i am getting married in India this month and i want to sponsor my wife to canada.. can anyone plz guide me what evidences do i suppose to submit and what are the minimum requirements do i have to fulfil.. and i am also confuse regarding process and forms.. can anyone guide me please regarding this??

thank u..!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ROHIT mitra said:
Hi there... i have open work permit in canada for next 3 yrs.. i studied in canada for years.. now i am getting married in India this month and i want to sponsor my wife to canada.. can anyone plz guide me what evidences do i suppose to submit and what are the minimum requirements do i have to fulfil.. and i am also confuse regarding process and forms.. can anyone guide me please regarding this??

thank u..!!
Post your question to either the Foreign Students section of the forum or the International Students section.

maple tree

May 1, 2014
My husband and I were married in the Philippines. It was a civil marriage because I was just there for a month. I processed his papers last march 2013. On September 24,2013, he received an email from manila immigration requiring him to submit his original passport, original NSO Advisory on Marriages for himself and an additional document. He then gathered all the requirements and he submitted it on the last day of October 2014. We were waiting for the results until last Monday April 28, they emailed both of us. The email was shown below.. I was so frustrated with this letter and I don't know what to do. My husband is not married before and we legally processed our marriage contract. What are the immigrations bases that the documents submitted to them were fraudulent? Thanks

Visa Section
Level 6, Tower 2, RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200
Philippines
P.O. Box 2168
Makati Central Post Office
Makati City 1200
Philippines

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it have been reviewed and it
appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) provides that a foreign national
must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an
examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the
requirements of the Act.
I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by subsection 16(1) of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act which states:
16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the
purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents
that the officer reasonable requires.
Specifically, I have concerns that the NSO Advisory on Marriages and NSO Cenomar which you have
provided in support of your application are fraudulent.
Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application
for a permanent residence, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you
inadmissible to Canada for a period of two years according to section 40(2)(a):
40(1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation
(a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a
relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act
40(2) The following provisions govern subsection (1):
2 of 2
(a) the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for misrepresentation for a period of two years following, in the case of a determination outside Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under subsection (1) or, in the case of determination in Canada, the date the removal order is enforced.
Section 117(9) of the regulations states that no foreign national may be considered a member of the family class by virtue of their relationship to a sponsor if
(c) the foreign national is the sponsor’s spouse and
(i) the sponsor or foreign national, was, at the time of their marriage, the spouse of another person.
I would like to provide you with the opportunity to respond to this information. Any evidence or submissions which you or your sponsor may wish to submit to this office for consideration in response to the concerns identified above must be received at our office within 45 days of the date of this letter. If you do not respond to this request within the period indicated, your application will be assessed based on the information currently on file and may result in the refusal of your application.
Only original documents or, when unavailable, certified documents are acceptable.
The file number noted above must be included on all correspondence with this office.
Sincerely,
Family Class Section Family Reunification Unit
Embassy of Canada, Manila

maple tree

May 1, 2014
My husband and I were married in the Philippines. It was a civil marriage because I was just there for a month. I processed his papers last march 2013. On September 24,2013, he received an email from manila immigration requiring him to submit his original passport, original NSO Advisory on Marriages for himself and an additional document. He then gathered all the requirements and he submitted it on the last day of October 2014. We were waiting for the results until last Monday April 28, they emailed both of us. The email was shown below.. I was so frustrated with this letter and I don't know what to do. My husband is not married before and we legally processed our marriage contract. What are the immigrations bases that the documents submitted to them were fraudulent? Thanks

Visa Section
Level 6, Tower 2, RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200
Philippines
P.O. Box 2168
Makati Central Post Office
Makati City 1200
Philippines

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it have been reviewed and it
appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) provides that a foreign national
must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an
examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the
requirements of the Act.
I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by subsection 16(1) of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act which states:
16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the
purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents
that the officer reasonable requires.
Specifically, I have concerns that the NSO Advisory on Marriages and NSO Cenomar which you have
provided in support of your application are fraudulent.
Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application
for a permanent residence, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you
inadmissible to Canada for a period of two years according to section 40(2)(a):
40(1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation
(a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a
relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act
40(2) The following provisions govern subsection (1):
2 of 2
(a) the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for misrepresentation for a period of two years following, in the case of a determination outside Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under subsection (1) or, in the case of determination in Canada, the date the removal order is enforced.
Section 117(9) of the regulations states that no foreign national may be considered a member of the family class by virtue of their relationship to a sponsor if
(c) the foreign national is the sponsor’s spouse and
(i) the sponsor or foreign national, was, at the time of their marriage, the spouse of another person.
I would like to provide you with the opportunity to respond to this information. Any evidence or submissions which you or your sponsor may wish to submit to this office for consideration in response to the concerns identified above must be received at our office within 45 days of the date of this letter. If you do not respond to this request within the period indicated, your application will be assessed based on the information currently on file and may result in the refusal of your application.
Only original documents or, when unavailable, certified documents are acceptable.
The file number noted above must be included on all correspondence with this office.
Sincerely,
Family Class Section Family Reunification Unit
Embassy of Canada, Manila